By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
YeahToast wrote:
Tribbles @ 10? Great idea! :thumbsup: Thanks to Dan for providing decks to use!
Tribbles @ 10:15ish would be better for me. My Friday and Saturday events end at 10 so I cannot make it in time.

By ntimmons (Neil Timmons)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
MrVorlon wrote:
Tribbles @ 10:15ish would be better for me. My Friday and Saturday events end at 10 so I cannot make it in time.
We never started before 10:15... you should just talk to Dan (if he is there next year) and just say you are enroute, and we will make room for you! no sense in depriving a tribbles player just because of a few minutes..

To all who saw me on day 4 of Gencon. turns out my arm isn't falling off. Despite my worries to the contrary, I just have a slipped disc between c5 & c6. the X-ray shows that it isn't that serious and we can hopefully fix it with steroids. The doctor was very happy with the work done to my neck 11 years ago, it's still a clean fusion, but often people with bone fusions develop a bit of disc slippage so that sucks. but hopefully the numbness will go away, and the missing strength will return.

so no more fist fights..

but on the bright side, he said I am cleared to play NFL football. (you can play NFL football with one neck fusion). but then shook his head and laughed "but don't do that, it's very dangerous" LOL @ football.

so for everybody at the beermeister who tried to cast 'cure minor wounds' the spell didn't work, I am going to hvae to rely on good new-fashioned doctorin' fortunately my son is Simon Tam...

N!

(his last name might not be Tam)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Anyone else notice that there are two Aaron Weil's? The first played in Day 1 of NACC's, under the handle "Jewbacca," and the second (who rarely sees action) played on Day 2 of NACC's under the handle "Jew dee." I assume these two player profiles can get merged, correct? Just thought Aaron might want all of his earned ratings points in the same place. :cheersL:

-  
HoodieDM wrote:Our 2E sealed tournament on Friday enticed three new people. And thanks to Charlie and Dan and the CC support they were able to walk away with some really nice prizes. We are hoping they join in and that they start joining the Chicago folks as they live there.

~D
I was one of the three new players at this! I want to send a big thank you to everyone who took the time to teach us. It was really fun! We've just sorted through the cards we went home with and are excited to get involved. Here's hoping we can make it out to an event soon. Thanks for making GenCon a great time! :)
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
pocketcontents wrote:I was one of the three new players at this! I want to send a big thank you to everyone who took the time to teach us. It was really fun! We've just sorted through the cards we went home with and are excited to get involved. Here's hoping we can make it out to an event soon. Thanks for making GenCon a great time! :)
Very awesome! It was great playing with you guys. We can't wait to see you at our tournaments. Of course, we have tons of cards if you guys need stuff beside what you got at Gen Con. :thumbsup:

By Corbinq27
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Comicbookhero wrote: Very awesome! It was great playing with you guys. We can't wait to see you at our tournaments. Of course, we have tons of cards if you guys need stuff beside what you got at Gen Con. :thumbsup:
Indeed! I still have the crap-ton of free 2E cards at home and my Fiancé is eagerly waiting for me to give them to someone else. Please come to an event to help alleviate this burden of burdens!

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Corbinq27 wrote:
Comicbookhero wrote: Very awesome! It was great playing with you guys. We can't wait to see you at our tournaments. Of course, we have tons of cards if you guys need stuff beside what you got at Gen Con. :thumbsup:
Indeed! I still have the crap-ton of free 2E cards at home and my Fiancé is eagerly waiting for me to give them to someone else. Please come to an event to help alleviate this burden of burdens!
Send me a message too if you/friends need specific or general purpose cards. We have stockpiled a good amount via The Nexus.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
pocketcontents wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:Our 2E sealed tournament on Friday enticed three new people. And thanks to Charlie and Dan and the CC support they were able to walk away with some really nice prizes. We are hoping they join in and that they start joining the Chicago folks as they live there.

~D
I was one of the three new players at this! I want to send a big thank you to everyone who took the time to teach us. It was really fun! We've just sorted through the cards we went home with and are excited to get involved. Here's hoping we can make it out to an event soon. Thanks for making GenCon a great time! :)
Monica,

Ambassador Matthew Hayes, ND, here. On behalf of my fellow ambassadors, welcome to the game. Your Ambassador is Al Shaeffer (ltketch) and it looks like he's running an event this Sunday, August 25th at Games Plus in Mount Prospect. You guys may want to check it out if you can. I know the group in Chicago is a great group, Al, Casey, Ed, Maggie, Eric, Brian, Michael, Corbin, etc. and they'll welcome you with open arms and provide any help they can for as long as you want.

-Matthew

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
karonofborg13 wrote: I know the group in Chicago is a great group, Al, Casey, Ed, Maggie, Eric, Brian, Michael, Corbin, etc. and they'll welcome you with open arms and provide any help they can for as long as you want.
Watch out for Ed though...he WILL bite...

~D
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
pocketcontents wrote:

~D
Monica, I really enjoyed running that event and meeting you, Mark, and Stefan. It's always nice to have new players enter the fold. Though I don't live in your area, I hope you'll stay with our community. With luck perhaps I'll see some of you in online events, or next year's GenCon.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
karonofborg13 wrote: Monica,
OMG, another girl! Glee!

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
pocketcontents wrote:I was one of the three new players at this! I want to send a big thank you to everyone who took the time to teach us. It was really fun! We've just sorted through the cards we went home with and are excited to get involved. Here's hoping we can make it out to an event soon. Thanks for making GenCon a great time! :)
I'm very glad to hear this since it means we're doing our "job" of showing people how much fun this game is. It was great to get a chance to meet you and also teach you the game as much as I could in the time we had. I'd like to point out that after showing Monica the basics, she not only beat me in the first round, but was the highest finisher among the new players in that event and was technically undefeated (MW-TT-TT). Awesome first showing! If you ever need any help, we're always glad to assist.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
LORE wrote:Anyone else notice that there are two Aaron Weil's? The first played in Day 1 of NACC's, under the handle "Jewbacca," and the second (who rarely sees action) played on Day 2 of NACC's under the handle "Jew dee." I assume these two player profiles can get merged, correct? Just thought Aaron might want all of his earned ratings points in the same place. :cheersL:
Bump. This still hasn't been fixed. As it impacts Aaron, everyone else who played Day 2, and everyone who has played or will play those folks subsequently, I hope it can get corrected.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
LORE wrote:Anyone else notice that there are two Aaron Weil's? The first played in Day 1 of NACC's, under the handle "Jewbacca," and the second (who rarely sees action) played on Day 2 of NACC's under the handle "Jew dee." I assume these two player profiles can get merged, correct? Just thought Aaron might want all of his earned ratings points in the same place. :cheersL:
Bump. This still hasn't been fixed. As it impacts Aaron, everyone else who played Day 2, and everyone who has played or will play those folks subsequently, I hope it can get corrected.
Thanks for following up with this Kris. He is one of my players so I will take responsiblity and write David about purging one of the accounts. He only uses his Jewbacca account...the other account was his first account but he couldn't remember the password and the e-mail that it was associated with wasn't in use so it was a dead account.

Take care,
Chris
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]