Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
OKCoyote wrote:Tribbles Continentals had 40! players, and the champion is Dave Bowling!
I never imagined I'd see 8 pods for a Tribbles tourney.

Congrats Dave, did Eve come out this year and play?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
NACC Participants, please add your deck lists to the tournaments if you have them in the system. If you do so before Thursday, you will be eligible for the bonus raffle tickets. I would also personally appreciate it, because any that aren't linked I will have to enter manually. :)

-crp

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
comicbookhero wrote:I just want to say that Charlie, David, and Daniel deserve 10 rounds of applause for all the hard work they put in running everything. You guys did amazing!
Matt Kirk put in a lot of work as well, and Steve and James seemed to help out considerably, as I'm sure others did so thanks to everyone who was there helping (although my TDing of the Beermeister deservedly needed a dressing down. Three rounds good, four rounds bad)

Nick

By YeahToast
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
GenCon was a blast as always!

Missing last year was a bummer, very glad I could make it this year. I'm sorry some of the regulars could not make it out, you were definitely missed...but it was also nice to meet some others for the first time and put more faces to forum handles.

The weekend went by quick...but here are some of my ramblings...

Charlie. Is. The. Man. As always, the hardest working man in gaming put on a great weekend.

Thank you to everyone for a weekend full of great events. It was a lot of fun playing Charlie's second banana and I hope I was able to be of some help.

Although a minimum amount of time is spent there, JW Marriot is a great hotel.

Tribbles @ 10? Great idea! :thumbsup: Thanks to Dan for providing decks to use!

I was kind of bummed about missing the Beermeister…but then it turned out being an observer was more “interesting” than being a participant…

Flashback to "Tough Guy GenCon" from a few years ago wasn't cool, but as always Charlie took care of things like a pro. There’s got to be a better way for GenCon staff to handle table space situations…99% of the GenCon crew is great…but there are a couple stories on the GenCon forums of other GenCon volunteers on power trips…

It's interesting to see what gets paired up with GenCon every year...sometimes it is a race, sometimes a Colts game, this year it was motorcycles...a couple years ago there was a nurses conference at the JW...who knows what next year will bring...how big does GenCon have to get to get Indy to itself?

So there is a My Little Pony TCG…that’s a thing now…

GenCon has a special on Sunday where a family of 4 can visit the convention for $30. I can’t remember if this has always been the case or if it is new…either way the exhibit hall was insane on Sunday…

Kudos to GenCon to opening up all of the halls to allow travel from area to area instead of having to stick to the hallways…really shortened travel distance/time

By Onomy
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
YeahToast wrote:I was kind of bummed about missing the Beermeister…but then it turned out being an observer was more “interesting” than being a participant…
I agree Steve. It was fun to watch some drunk trek and not be in pain the next day. :thumbsup:

And for enough bars of gold pressed latinum I might have some pictures and video...lol :wink:

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
yeah toast wrote:a couple years ago there was a nurses conference at the JW
I missed a nurses conference? God damn, that would have been the ultimate topping for Gencon!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
nickyank wrote:
yeah toast wrote:a couple years ago there was a nurses conference at the JW
I missed a nurses conference? God damn, that would have been the ultimate topping for Gencon!
What??? Better than MotoGP?

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
nickyank wrote:
Matt Kirk put in a lot of work as well, and Steve and James seemed to help out considerably, as I'm sure others did so thanks to everyone who was there helping (although my TDing of the Beermeister deservedly needed a dressing down. Three rounds good, four rounds bad)

Nick
:thumbsup:

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Onomy wrote:
And for enough bars of gold pressed latinum I might have some pictures and video...lol :wink:
I know that you are kidding, but always remember "What happens at Gen Con, stays at Gen Con."

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
YeahToast wrote:GenCon was a blast as always!

Missing last year was a bummer, very glad I could make it this year. I'm sorry some of the regulars could not make it out, you were definitely missed...but it was also nice to meet some others for the first time and put more faces to forum handles.

The weekend went by quick...but here are some of my ramblings...

Charlie. Is. The. Man. As always, the hardest working man in gaming put on a great weekend.

Thank you to everyone for a weekend full of great events. It was a lot of fun playing Charlie's second banana and I hope I was able to be of some help.

Although a minimum amount of time is spent there, JW Marriot is a great hotel.

Tribbles @ 10? Great idea! :thumbsup: Thanks to Dan for providing decks to use!

I was kind of bummed about missing the Beermeister…but then it turned out being an observer was more “interesting” than being a participant…

Flashback to "Tough Guy GenCon" from a few years ago wasn't cool, but as always Charlie took care of things like a pro. There’s got to be a better way for GenCon staff to handle table space situations…99% of the GenCon crew is great…but there are a couple stories on the GenCon forums of other GenCon volunteers on power trips…

It's interesting to see what gets paired up with GenCon every year...sometimes it is a race, sometimes a Colts game, this year it was motorcycles...a couple years ago there was a nurses conference at the JW...who knows what next year will bring...how big does GenCon have to get to get Indy to itself?

So there is a My Little Pony TCG…that’s a thing now…

GenCon has a special on Sunday where a family of 4 can visit the convention for $30. I can’t remember if this has always been the case or if it is new…either way the exhibit hall was insane on Sunday…

Kudos to GenCon to opening up all of the halls to allow travel from area to area instead of having to stick to the hallways…really shortened travel distance/time
Well, everyone knows that Charlie is great (except TK). :wink: But much thanks goes to Matt, Steve, Amber, James, Dan and others for their support. Gen Con is always well run because of the volunteers.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Andrew wrote:Did any of the demos pull in new players?
There were at least 2 brand new players in the tribbles NACC, and one of them made the top table.

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Our 2E sealed tournament on Friday enticed three new people. And thanks to Charlie and Dan and the CC support they were able to walk away with some really nice prizes. We are hoping they join in and that they start joining the Chicago folks as they live there.

~D

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Not sure what may come of our post-Gencon run-in.. but on the way home, we accidentally took a longer route. At a random McDonalds on I-55, we went in & ran into a group of 5 that had just been at Gencon as well. They saw Michael's shirt & commented they used to play, so we let them know about the CC. You never know, would be great if they join up :)

Fabulous weekend, thanks to everyone who helped, ran, and everyone who was so much fun to play. Didn't have a bad game all weekend.. but some amusing ones! And I learned Austin Powers, finally!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'd also like to add my thanks to all who helped make GenCon awesome this year! Despite some setbacks, this was my favorite trip to GenCon so far! Well organised tourneys, great leaders and volunteers, and fun company. It's great to see attendance up across all 3 games as well, and to see some of us featured on the Indy news!

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]