For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:Alright, I bought my plane ticket. I'll be getting into Minneapolis at 8:30 Saturday morning after having spent Friday night at a college buddy's wedding in Omaha. Nothing quite like hungover 2E!
Awesome to hear, and I hope it's not going to turn into the Amazing Race trying to get to the store in time for the start. It's about 20-30 minutes from the airport by freeway, no pressure. ;)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Let's light this thread up. Ok. Continentals are about a month away. Who's coming in from outta town? Who in town is planning to play? Hopefully, we can get some responses from all corners of the greater MN play group. I'm looking at you, Illinois, Iowa, and Ohio. Kev, what's the presumed attendance from the SD crew? Ditto Hayes regarding the Fargo contingent.

Lastly, where are the assembled Champions at in terms of pre-registration? This seems really light at present, but I gotta believe we are going to throw at least a dozen or even two dozen of our local guys / gals in the mix. Who is that gonna be?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I don't know if anyone else is bringing the Illinoise. I can't due to my husband and son being in a wedding that day. I'm kinda obliged to go. *sigh*

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:I don't know if anyone else is bringing the Illinoise. I can't due to my husband and son being in a wedding that day. I'm kinda obliged to go. *sigh*
Yeah, not much one can do there, especially when they're IN the wedding. That's got to be one of the most popular weekends for weddings, personally know of 3 couples married on 7/11, though I know that's also a "lucky" date.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Marquetry wrote:Michael & I are coming up, plus an out of town visitor; not sure on the others' plans currently :)
Put Mike O'Shogay in your trunk. He'll fit. :wink:

EDIT: Amber, are you not playing 1E? I see Michael and Ken are pre-reg'd, so I assume you will all be here Friday morning. :cross:
Last edited by LORE on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote:I don't know if anyone else is bringing the Illinoise.
Thanks, Maggie. If you wouldn't mind, plant a bug in the ear of Al, Corbin, Casey, Ed, Brian, etc. to see if they can't caravan up for this gig. Jer is promising HUGE prizes, and I have a few artifacts from my personal stash to add to the pool.

This is it, boys and girls, the biggest gig in MN this year! You gotta be there!
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
LORE wrote:
Thanks, Maggie. If you wouldn't mind, plant a bug in the ear of Al, Corbin, Casey, Ed, Brian, etc. to see if they can't caravan up for this gig. Jer is promising HUGE prizes, and I have a few artifacts from my personal stash to add to the pool.

This is it, boys and girls, the biggest gig in MN this year! You gotta be there!
It wouldn't be cool if our regional was bigger than continentals. :wink:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:
LORE wrote:

As long as it ends up with the same result.... :) 8) :wink:

Michael
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Ninja Scot wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:
As long as it ends up with the same result.... :) 8) :wink:

Michael
Hehe...

Everybody sez they'll decide last-minute.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
flrazor wrote:
Naetor wrote:Alright, I bought my plane ticket. I'll be getting into Minneapolis at 8:30 Saturday morning after having spent Friday night at a college buddy's wedding in Omaha. Nothing quite like hungover 2E!
Awesome to hear, and I hope it's not going to turn into the Amazing Race trying to get to the store in time for the start. It's about 20-30 minutes from the airport by freeway, no pressure. ;)
Luckily (?) my flight got moved up to 6:50, so I get in at 8:00 now. Is anyone going to be in that area, around that time where I can hitch a ride?

Also, is anyone heading down I-35 after the event? And I could hitch a ride? Looking at you van Breemans :) I might only need a ride down to Faribault or Clear Lake.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
ikeya wrote:Already 10 players in the top 50 registered for 2E day 1!
You Wastelanders need a better promoter. Nobody gives a crap about ratings. Sell the sizzle boys!

You are going to bill this as some sort of "Minnesota Night of Champions". Then the joke is on you clowns when a fly-in wins your Continentals.

At midnight look up at that Friday the 13th full moon and tell your pagan god to ready for blood. In four weeks the Minnesota Massacre begins.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]