• 116 posts

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
chompers wrote:This led to the discussion - Can holographic alcohol give you a hangover?
Sort of. The holodeck uses a combination of forcefields to create the illusion of solid matter, but also the replicator to create surfaces and (as needed) things like consumables. So wine designed for drinking would presumably be replicated. Then it's just an issue of whether or not actual wine was replicated or synthehol was used. Synthhol does not grant hangovers.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Mike2E wrote:Congrats to all, both winners and organisers - sounds like it was a great weekend!

Sorry I couldn't make it this year - fingers crossed for 2015 :)
Looking forward to it

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Prediction competition results:

Kieren (honest) = 0 points
Greg (latok) = 2 points
Shane (shanebrier) = 6 points
Craig (ensigngibbers) = 7 points
Matt (wedge772) + Johannes (kaiser) = 8 points
Mike (ironmike) = 9 points

Ben (broshak) = 10 points

Congrats to Ben! It's been a very productive 4 days for the 2E champion and 1E runner-up.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:I just wanted to confirm if it was deckteched. That's a sign a deck is over the curve when mid-card players win Majors with it.
While I disagree with calling a player you or I have never met a "mid-carder", I do agree that Rom/ALC is over the curve. Multiple regionals (add Klingons to taste and that includes the MN regional), Australian Continentals, German Nationals, Danish Nationals, American Nationals, and 2013 Worlds (prior to this, high-placing Romulan decks don't seem to include ALC, and don't always win).

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
KillerB wrote:
edgeofhearing wrote:
While I disagree with calling a player you or I have never met a "mid-carder", .
Australia itself, in it's entirety, is a mid-card. Not worthy of holding a World Championship for countless reasons.

Yeah, I said it.
Sure-name 3

Honest

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Guys. Here's a tip to beat Romulan: don't feed Viceroy events. I know not playing your Alvera is hard, but it's not gonna work out for you. And if you need to play events to win, sorry. You're doing it wrong.

Roms have no chance to win NA Continentals because the players there won't be playing 80 card throw in whatever event makes sense decks.
Last edited by Naetor on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]