• 116 posts

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:Have you ever played against that deck, Naetor? The real downloading engine is Tal, I've seen Tobias use the Viceroy just to discourage an opponent playing events. This deck is monstrous...
Is this a real fucking question? Do some research on who designed that first championship deck.
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
nickyank wrote:Have you ever played against that deck, Naetor? The real downloading engine is Tal, I've seen Tobias use the Viceroy just to discourage an opponent playing events. This deck is monstrous...
Is this a real fucking question? Do some research on who designed that first championship deck.
I do consider Slaby Romulans to be a distinct build from yours, and is what has been taking many events this year. I have no doubt that you'd play it well if it were handed to you, without even looking through it first, but it is somewhat different in its goals.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
Settle down. You don't hear me complaining when Sykes and TK act like they invented TOS Battle.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Naetor wrote:Is this a real fucking question? Do some research on who designed that first championship deck.
Rhetorical question. As said elsewhere, the build that won the Australian is a fair bit different from yours.

Also - my pet peeve is when people claim they designed deck archetypes. So you put some Romulan cards in a Romulan deck? Well, woop-de-doo Basil, I bow before your ingenuity.

Do not bring that "I designed x" crap into any conversation with me. It's one of the few things to really get me pissed.

We need a Hulk icon...

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
KillerB wrote:Australia itself, in it's entirety, is a mid-card. Not worthy of holding a World Championship for countless reasons.

Yeah, I said it.
Corbett gets hit by my steel chair
wwe-chair-shot.jpg
wwe-chair-shot.jpg (18.54 KiB) Viewed 6446 times
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Corbett you say so many dumb things sometimes I can't keep track of it all but aren't you the one that always craps on about how Bajorans weren't bad because players are Tier 1 not decks?
Guys. Here's a tip to beat Romulan: don't feed Viceroy events. I know not playing your Alvera is hard, but it's not gonna work out for you. And if you need to play events to win, sorry. You're doing it wrong.

Roms have no chance to win NA Continentals because the players there won't be playing 80 card throw in whatever event makes sense decks.
^^ Geez this guy, look at the results from last years Continentals and then tell me more than one American knows how to beat Romulans so I can laugh some more.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Tal is easier to play around by a smart player then Viceroy.
Shhh!

But yeah. It rhymes with "end of turd"

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote: Roms have no chance to win NA Continentals because the players there won't be playing 80 card throw in whatever event makes sense decks.
I'm not buying what you're selling Nasty Nate. I was born on a Friday, not last Friday.
Well, the deck straight up loses to any 40 card weenie deck. Without feeding it AWC and Energize downloads it can't match the speed.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:I do consider Slaby Romulans to be a distinct build from yours, and is what has been taking many events this year. I have no doubt that you'd play it well if it were handed to you, without even looking through it first, but it is somewhat different in its goals.
Yeah, I invented that too. 8) Actually, I think I had PM'd him after he won Euros that year and he told me he arrived at the build largely independently. The one I play now was built on this earlier version. I think it solves missions better, which fits my play-style.

The deck Neil played at last year's NA Continentals was a distinct Romulan build. It's OK, but it reminds me of just a Tragic deck in a different color. Props to him for getting as far as he did.

What's interesting in the deck Ben played is that he's playing Tragic without any, or minimal draw deck support. I saw this from TK two weeks ago with Klingons. I can't tell if it's a good idea or not.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]