• 116 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Have you ever played against that deck, Naetor? The real downloading engine is Tal, I've seen Tobias use the Viceroy just to discourage an opponent playing events. This deck is monstrous...
I've been playing Romulans on Continentals for 3-4 years now. It is basically the same deck all over despite all new expansions, even the dilemma pile and it always bought me, despite being an average player, day 2 and when in use in elimination 1/4 final. Romulans are very, very good. When reaching midgame and not getting overrun by speed before, they have an answer to pretty much everything and never got hampered by erratas.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jeez you yanks shit me. Chris spends years building original and creative decks and gets crucified each time for "abusing broken cards", Ben expertly pilots a well known deck to victory and he gets criticized just as badly. US players, I'm am disappointed.

And John, it should go without saying by now, but shut the hell up.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It is funny that Chris Clarke has finally earned the respect of the old guard. I re.ember when he was first winning big events and the talk was about insufficient competition as well as the constant undermining of his long run as the number one player in the world.

There are top tier Australian players and that can be seen in online events where they have competed with everyone else in the world. Anger over the placement of worlds should not carry over into derogatory comments about the players who live there.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Shanebrier wrote: Ben expertly pilots a well known deck to victory and he gets criticized just as badly.

And John, it should go without saying by now, but shut the hell up.
Actually, nobody has really knocked him for deckteching the deck. You're jumping to conclusions. There's always a 'ho-hum' reaction for when somebody copies a deck. That's just how it is.

And no, you didn't ask nicely, so I won't shut up. You guys should try being more civilized, like your British daddies.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
There are top tier Australian players and that can be seen in online events where they have competed with everyone else in the world.
'Top Tier' and 'online events' is an oxymoron. It's like bigfoot, UFO's, or Neil's penis. People think they've seen it, but it doesn't actually exist.

Fat Neil joke out of left field. We're just lashing out in every direction this week.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:To be honest, it's quite impressive that Ben took someone else's complex deck and made it work that well.

I think James can verify how difficult it can be to play a borrowed deck well.
Depends on the borrowed deck. I'm pretty sure anyone with a basic grasp of the game can take a TNG weenie Kirk solver and pilot it to victory. However, Romulans aren't the easiest to play, so it does take some skill to figure out the subtleties.

That said, I almost think net-decking a Romulan deck and figuring out how it works is easier than building one from scratch. In my experience, figuring out what you want your Romulan deck to actually do, and choosing correctly from their myriad of different available tricks is the real challenge in building a good Romulan deck. Over-teching is the easiest way to turn a good concept into a terrible deck.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
For shits and giggles yesterday I watched Constance navigate the [Rom] deck. Even her fumbling through it it's a machine.

N'Vek plus the rebooted Karina, Hindering Analyst (and Ruwon) is yet another reason Ptol is a terribly designed card.

Play two TATV and "Pop a P'tol" (it's like popping a Molly for nerds) and I've drawn 15 cards this turn. Weren't card draws supposed to be linked to counters at one point in this game?

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Borg and Klingon are over-powered: errata
Now Maquis is: errata
Now Starfleet is: errata
Now Romulan is: ___

Just release that breaking news MSNBCorbett.

Rationalizing an affiliation is OP because of TATV is cutting off the nose to spite the face. If you want to properly hurt [Rom] switch the gametext of Bird-of-Prey with Haakona or Premiere Scimitar. Tal and Viceroy are easy to play or design around.

-  
Architect
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:Borg and Klingon are over-powered: errata
Now Maquis is: errata
Now Starfleet is: errata
Now Romulan is: ___

Just release that breaking news MSNBCorbett.

Rationalizing an affiliation is OP because of TATV is cutting off the nose to spite the face. If you want to properly hurt [Rom] switch the gametext of Bird-of-Prey with Haakona or Premiere Scimitar. Tal and Viceroy are easy to play or design around.
The TATV/Ptol/N'Vek example was just to show something excessive, not the main reason why that deck is overpowered. I did that earlier, but go ahead and FoxNews that one comment.

Who said anything about errata? This isn't on the Public Watch List thread, so don't take my personal comments as "I'm going to change everything now!" One, I don't operate like that. Two, sadly, the wheels of progress in the CC move slowly.

All that previous errata you mention happened long before there was an Errata Team. We're only responsible for the errata of three cards to date.

[Rom] has been on the radar before we got on the job, and we'll do what needs to be done if/when things come to that. And like always they'll be backlash, that's the job I signed up for.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
KillerB wrote:
Latok wrote: but aren't you the one that always craps on about how Bajorans weren't bad because players are Tier 1 not decks?
What the hell does that have to do with anything?
KillerB wrote:I just wanted to confirm if it was deckteched. That's a sign a deck is over the curve when mid-card players win Majors with it.
You need to drink less so you can remember shit you say John.
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2023
I am a big fan of romulan denial, managed to build a deck from scratch and seem to get a lot of mod wins and in our local events usually go 2 and 1. I agree though, it took a lot of reading and test draws/games to figure out what the hell to do with this pile of interference BS we know as romulan :)

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Irrelevant trivia: For day two I wanted to play a Khan deck for the sheer fun of it, just so it could be on the final stats.

However, the gods of print shops were not accommodating. :(

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]