• 184 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
RedDwarf wrote:This topic contains swearing, offensive gestures and offensive nicknames. It has been active for more than 48 hours now, and nothing has been done about it. Who is going to step in and show some leadership here?

Many community members have young children. No doubt some are trying to get them into Star Trek CCG. Is this topic the sort of thing we want children to see?

For that matter, is this topic the sort of thing we want new players to see?

I, as a community member, certainly don't want to see this sort of behaviour. Life threatening diseases and sex offenders are not topics for comedy, especially for those of us who know someone who has had to deal with such things.

I complained about this topic 2 days ago, yet the moderation team have done nothing about it, so they must think it is ok. That's Chris Lobban, Charlie Plaine and Mark Morris on the name-and-shame list.

Committee Member Nick Yankovec (2E Brand Manager) swore and made an obscene gesture in a picture. He later apologised, but didn't remove the offending posts, so he clearly didn't mean his apology.

Committee Vice Chairman Neil Timmons actively encouraged the behaviour.

Committee Member Johnny Holeva (Art Director) condoned the behaviour.

Committee Member Tyler Fultz (2E Rules Master) condoned the behaviour.

That looks like six Committee members who think this sort of behaviour is acceptable. I do not. I think it is disgusting. If I had a say in matters, heads would roll.

Mr Chairman, you need to sort our house out, and you need to do it quickly. A wishy-washy apology isn't going to cut it.

Just as an FYI, I was on vacation away from the internet with my family this whole week.
For anyone who cares. Moderators are not subscribed to EVERY thread. We are volunteers just like everyone else. If you are lucky a repsonse MIGHT happen within 48hrs.

The great thing is, by the time I finally got to this thread Danny had already Edited the offensive language. This makes me super happy. The best Moderation is Self Moderation
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: to the community for self policing!

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
BaronMorrath wrote:The great thing is, by the time I finally got to this thread Danny had already Edited the offensive language. This makes me super happy. The best Moderation is Self Moderation to the community for self policing!
It was Paddy - let's not blame Danny (either of them) for things they didn't do :wink:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
nickyank wrote:
BaronMorrath wrote:The great thing is, by the time I finally got to this thread Danny had already Edited the offensive language. This makes me super happy. The best Moderation is Self Moderation to the community for self policing!
It was Paddy - let's not blame Danny (either of them) for things they didn't do :wink:
whoops, i meant Paddy.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
BaronMorrath wrote:
nickyank wrote:
whoops, i meant Paddy.
You're both wrong. Can't you read? My name (for purposes of this thread) is "S****ing out a perfect C**mberland S******"

Ok. Maybe I should stop stirring the pot... But I've got a big spoon and I like to use it!
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]