• 184 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Congrats to Tobias and Peter, DAS LUDWIG, LUDWIG! Peter was left with no personnel at all at the end of two of his games but won them both :) . And thanks to the organizers for this super-phun-thime, despite the "unprofessional" organization :) . My performance was unfortunately pretty poor due to tears always wetting my cards during games cause of the offending nickname I was awarded with :( . But I learned: If London Underground-service is on delay or cancelled it is due to invading Poland ;) .

James, what the devil has happened to you? Why all the bitterness? I do not know the details about your quarrel with the CC and maybe you're right on this issue, but with taking your private little war to the players and not attending, you're only hurting yourself. Relax and rejoin us again!
congrats from Berlin to Tobias,well done.
Hi Sascha, are you now permantely residing in Berlin? If so, send me a PM.
Last edited by Caretaker's Guest on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Yeah, Thomas mentioned that you guys thought you were placed differently. I don't know why, Julius had the Earned Bye so his SoS would have been higher. One of you should have checked with me?

I don't understand 1E. Playing for a 0-0 result? Why would you do that? Is this because you can score negative points in 1E?

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
With 0-0 the higher seeded guy continues to the next round. That's why Julius had to take a chance and go for points (which ended in him getting 10 negatives), otherwise Ludwig would've needed to take the chance to go above 0. I totally forgot about all of this when you made the seeding (not having a clue what happend in a tie game).
And special honoary thanks to my new best friend Seppl for supplying the semi-finalists with beer after the rounds started :cheersL: :cheersR: :thumbsup:

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Caretaker's Guest wrote:C
James, what the devil has happened to you? Why all the bitterness? I do not know the details about your quarrel with the CC and maybe you're right on this issue, but with taking your private little war to the players and not attending, you're only hurting yourself. Relax and rejoin us again!
I second that. This game is not about the CC, this game is about "playing Star Trek cards with friends". I reckon you still like that!? If so, I´d really be glad to see you appear again at bigger tournaments (like Euro Continentals 2012 in Cologne or Worlds 2013) or even online.

But I´ll surely pass by and say hello at SPIEL Essen.

Furthermore, I´d wish for a little more empathy on all sides. Some people really were offended by this thread. There has been nothing but making fun of those people with cynical comments as a reaction. I love this community for the exact opposite of that behaviour that it has shown me over the past years. It really would be a shame if everything went down that road.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
For curiousity's sake: are any of the people who were actually "called names" complaining about their nicknames?

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
As someone who was there the whole day, I can't recall anyone being offended

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I was slightly offended because my name was rather boring, it's better without the s though. Also, some of them don't really make for nick names (like My Vagina, AIDS, kids with bum cancer). I also don't remember anybody being offended, although to be honest, asides from some who laughed at the more spot-on nick names, most peoples reaction to the names was somewhere between "meh" and ignoring them.
I also might need to inform the vice chairman that his surname was used for comic relief throughout the weekend. On sunday night it might even have been the most common word.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Dunnagh wrote:Furthermore, I´d wish for a little more empathy on all sides. Some people really were offended by this thread. There has been nothing but making fun of those people with cynical comments as a reaction.
I think there would have been more empathy, retraction and apology if the first complainer hadn't been James. There wasn't any real feeling that he was genuinely offended. Rather it appeared to just be used as fuel for his ongoing war against the CC.

Myself and Niall did both apologise for any offence caused later on that night and I will redact the text in question from my posts if people do genuinely object because it offends them. If anyone wants me to do that, just send me a PM and I will.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:I'd like to complain about the limited range of flavours of the free ice cream at the event. Some more variety would have been nice...
When I think about ice cream I will always remember the look on the Aberdeen waitresses face when you said "Keep 'em coming"

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
I'm just amazed that it isn't all Matthyas's fault yet. How can it be a James rant without it featuring the main villain?
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:I'd like to complain about the limited range of flavours of the free ice cream at the event. Some more variety would have been nice...
When I think about ice cream I will always remember the look on the Aberdeen waitresses face when you said "Keep 'em coming"
Paddy vs the nuclear burrito.

Paddy lost!
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
Wedge772 wrote:I'm just amazed that it isn't all Matthyas's fault yet. How can it be a James rant without it featuring the main villain?
Yeah, technically it's all his fault for letting Nick run it, which resulted in Nick's clearly unprofessional delegation to myself and Niall. Shame on you Matthyas!

:wink:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:Furthermore, I´d wish for a little more empathy on all sides. Some people really were offended by this thread. There has been nothing but making fun of those people with cynical comments as a reaction.
I think there would have been more empathy, retraction and apology if the first complainer hadn't been James. There wasn't any real feeling that he was genuinely offended. Rather it appeared to just be used as fuel for his ongoing war against the CC.
I would say the only people with the right to be offended are the people who were given names. If they're OK with being called Long Schlong McGee for the weekend, what business do the rest of us having telling them they can't?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]