• 184 posts
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Cersan wrote:Hey, you really don't get it why jocking about aids, cancer and sex offenders are offensive? Maybe you should get your heads out of your asses and think for a change? And no, not only James is complaining this time.
So, stop being morons and moderate this thread already.
I don't personally care one way or the other about the language used in this thread, but I miss my Nebula updates. If locking a thread can bring them back, I'm all for it.

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
Sometimes I wonder how on earth some people can be so blind to other one´s feelings and the only thing they can think of is getting defensive.

Not because you CAN do literally anything means you SHOULD do literally anything. There are lines that shouldnt be crossed in a world where people have feelings (sorry, no Data´s or Vulcans here). Repeatedly doing so doesnt make it better.

But I said that already - and one of the signs of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

One proposition though: I know its doable in other forums: Is it possible to ignore some users? That would REALLY in situations like these.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Dunnagh wrote:One proposition though: I know its doable in other forums: Is it possible to ignore some users? That would REALLY in situations like these.
• User Control Panel (near top left of screen)
On the left hand side "Friends & Foes" (click)
On the left again "Manage foes" (click)
You can then add names into the box labelled "Add new foes:"

When their messages appear in a thread, you'll get a message instead saying that you've blocked them (or some such).

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Danny wrote:
Dunnagh wrote:One proposition though: I know its doable in other forums: Is it possible to ignore some users? That would REALLY in situations like these.
• User Control Panel (near top left of screen)
On the left hand side "Friends & Foes" (click)
On the left again "Manage foes" (click)
You can then add names into the box labelled "Add new foes:"

When their messages appear in a thread, you'll get a message instead saying that you've blocked them (or some such).
Once blocked it looks like this -- I highly recommend it
Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (9.63 KiB) Viewed 6552 times

By Dunnagh (Andreas Micheel)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Contender
thanks guys. This should solve the problem of Cersan, too. And everyone who has a big problem with RedDwarf.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Dunnagh wrote:Sometimes I wonder how on earth some people can be so blind to other one´s feelings and the only thing they can think of is getting defensive.

Not because you CAN do literally anything means you SHOULD do literally anything. There are lines that shouldnt be crossed in a world where people have feelings (sorry, no Data´s or Vulcans here). Repeatedly doing so doesnt make it better.

But I said that already - and one of the signs of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

One proposition though: I know its doable in other forums: Is it possible to ignore some users? That would REALLY in situations like these.
But what about their feelings? It's not nice to ignore someone.

By Cersan
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Russian National Second Runner-Up 2016
Oh really?! I should ban vice-chairman, 2E brand manager and others to read those boards? Any more suggestions?
These boards should be about cards, not some offensive shit. Especially this thread, which is called Organized play, not Buzz or something.
Mr. Chairman, your players consider this thread offensive, please do something about it!

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
On the plus side, the European Continentals had the lowest attendance, yet now has the longest posts. It must be true, that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Seriously, a couple of guys had a bit of fun; this has blown out of all proportion.

I will ask Paddy to remove the nicknames, and then can we all get on with our lives and playing Trek and stop fanning the Hoskin Flame of Despair

I would also suggest that anyone that has found the nickname's offensive, do not, I repeat DO NOT go anywhere near Cards Against Humanity...

By SAM2000
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
OK! We have 8/10 deck lists for 1E only 2 more to go! But we need more tournament reports ;) only 3 so far for 1E and none for 2E!

P.S. I blame this whole thread on Cards against humanity - a game that EVEN lowered the Sexecutioners tone...which I did not think was possible ;)
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
SAM2000 wrote:P.S. I blame this whole thread on Cards against humanity - a game that EVEN lowered the Sexecutioners tone...which I did not think was possible ;)
Careful Sam2000, Cards Against Humanity have feelings too. You might offend the game and cause it to complain.

TK
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]