• 95 posts

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Frool wrote:Thanks everyone. It was tough, everyone plays so great and I was up against some powerful decks.

Going 2nd three times really helped. I was playing TNG/DS9
Congrats! Eager to see that decklist!

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Frool wrote:
Going 2nd three times really helped.
It's the word really that troubles me.

Historical Research has benign intentions, like every card. But sadly, too many Hero decks were made. Then you factor in a cheesy Dual-HQ combo scenario and it becomes a sad situation.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Congrats to Mr Slade for successfully doing what I stuffed up at Australian Championships.

Not sure if his version is more efficient but I was exhausting my 90 card deck reliably by turn 3-4 if I wanted to without Lefler or dual-HQ. If I was lucky enough to not draw Kira in the top half of my deck I could pretty much deploy the entire thing on turn 4. After that the important parts can be recurred.

https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index. ... ckID=29840

The key to the discard part of the deck is Find Lifeless World and Starting Over.

Turn one was often discard six to draw five. Then draw six and spend one to play starting over. Repeat turn 2. Turn 3 play Kira and dump deck.

The deck was not ready to face [Maq] or a biology lock-out deck which I lost to in the semi-finals. Looking over the deck it is something that could easily be fixed. That said, the deck will never be infallible and has some weaknesses.

Renegade Priest needs to be on the watchlist. It'd be worth adding Kira and Lefler to that list as well. Cards without limits are bad. :twocents:

I hate the [Maq] card denial mechanic. The best thing going for the Kira/Adami deck is if well designed and played well the [Maq] deck will crumble. It would be a shame to take that away.
Last edited by chompers on Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

By garetjax
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
2E Danish National Champion 2015
"cards without limits are Bad" This is so True. Design should always Put Real limits on cards. Otherwise thry are screaming: abuse me.
Examples are Robin Lefler, winn adami and kira (Who was already used in a broken deck and Not changed).

Again for Design: Put real limits on all cards.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

By Frool (Mr Slade)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Bosskamiura wrote:Congratulations Slade...

There's gonna be a big target on your back in the Dojo now...

TL
Marquetry wrote:CONGRATS Mr SLADE!!!

Can't wait to see the decklist :)
I'm playing my other big deck in the Dojo ;-)

By Frool (Mr Slade)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
@chompers. Thanks, I did notice your deck with extreme interest. Single headquarters is a lot safer.

I think it doesn't matter whether you dump all your personnel on turn two or four. You'll still be well ahead.

With my version, having 9/10 interrupts in your discard pile and Robin to refuel Back to Basics, the dilemma pile should be brutal. I also believe the deck is sub-optimal and can be improved at lot. Kai Winn would be cunning 12 so you go for cunning missions with Dukat, generally Bajorans are pretty stupid.

It would be nice to play an improved version but I guess something will be Errated before the next big tournament.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Frool wrote:.... but I guess something will be Errated before the next big tournament.
Without a ban list in 2E I expect these cards will hang around for a while .....

I would have been too scared to try dual HQ with the popularity of [Dom] and Provoke Interstellar Incident.

Having a closer look at your deck and report I really like your deck. There is great synergy with the dilemma pile. I think Lefler makes that happen as there are less resources spent on the discard mechanic. Nicely done!

I used Leeta Union Member to turn Personal Duty and An Issue of Trust (and other big filters) into effectively Consume:1 as those dilemmas hammer [Baj] . But ... with the extra consume its almost an auto solve the following turn - especially with Accession in hand (I also used Chalan Aroya for recursion vs. those same filter dilemmas).

Good luck to all the 1E players!

By Frool (Mr Slade)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote: I used Leeta Union Member to turn Personal Duty and An Issue of Trust (and other big filters) into effectively Consume:1 as those dilemmas hammer [Baj] . But ... with the extra consume its almost an auto solve the following turn - especially with Accession in hand (I also used Chalan Aroya for recursion vs. those same filter dilemmas).
They are sweet additions :thumbsup: :thumbsup: there's only room for so many people in mission attempts. With one of the Orbs, you can keep them safe in your discard pile and swap them in. I believe I used stricken dumb and dukat to cheat a mission solve facing An Issue of Trust

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Congrats, Mr. Slade! I have one question, probably a very dumb one: Do you need a stopped personnel and a ship or can you start using Robin right away. Thanks in advance and good luck to all the 1E-fighters!

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sorry, the Orga team / TDs were playing in the Championship, so our time for updates was limited. Currently we are playing the last round but the outcome of the two remaining games will have no influence on the winner:
Stefan de Walf is the First Edition European Champion!

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]