Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Broshak wrote:Any ETA on results?

Greg bringing great dishonor to our family name by losing.
1st Steve [Car]
2nd Matt [Dom]
3rd Greg [Fut] (I don't know how to do the Relativity icon)
4th Shane [Fer]
5th Kieran [Fer]
6th Pete Hill [TN]
7th Hash [Dom]
8th Mike Nugent [Dom]

1/2/3 and 4/5 were decided by SoS so they might be wrong but I'm pretty sure we got the math right. 6th and 7th were H2H and I can't remember 100% which order they were in but either way I'm quite sure they are playing each other in the first round tomorrow.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
So I've entered the results and Matt ting is coming up as having higher SOS. I've checked and it doesn't make sense or I don't know the rules which is possible. :)

matts SOS is 88 which is correct.

mine is 87 which means I received a maximum SOS from the bye of 18 points. How is that possible in a six round tournament? How is maximum SOS calculated? Greg, Matt and I all have SOS of 21 so 18 hardly seems maximum.

I've read the OP guide and pretty sure we may have a computer glitch. I need help ASAP as this will impact the day 2 bracket.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Pretty sure it's a bug. You should have an SoS of 24 from your Earned Bye.

EDIT: One explanation I can think of is that the site is computing "maximum possible" not as "4*(number of rounds)" but as "VPs earned by highest-placing player against whom player in question did not play". If that last is 18, that could be your answer.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
No one had SOS of 18. Matt, Greg and I all had 21. 4th and 5th place both had 16.

I am going to sleep. There's about 12 hours until Finals and hopefully there is a solution by then.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
nobthehobbit wrote:One explanation I can think of is that the site is computing "maximum possible" not as "4*(number of rounds)" but as "VPs earned by highest-placing player against whom player in question did not play". If that last is 18, that could be your answer.
Actually, it's a lot simpler than that.
The site is computer "maximum possible" not as "4*(number of rounds)" but as "3*(number of rounds)", because the maximum possible for a single round used to be 3, and when that was changed apparently I missed updating it in this part of the script (and apparently nobody has come down to SoS in a way that mattered this much since then, or if they did they at least haven't noticed this issue).

Anyway, fixed now.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:One explanation I can think of is that the site is computing "maximum possible" not as "4*(number of rounds)" but as "VPs earned by highest-placing player against whom player in question did not play". If that last is 18, that could be your answer.
Actually, it's a lot simpler than that.
The site is computer "maximum possible" not as "4*(number of rounds)" but as "3*(number of rounds)", because the maximum possible for a single round used to be 3, and when that was changed apparently I missed updating it in this part of the script (and apparently nobody has come down to SoS in a way that mattered this much since then, or if they did they at least haven't noticed this issue).

Anyway, fixed now.
Ah. Understandable, since earned byes come up at (I believe) all of nine tournaments a year--Worlds for 1E and 2E, Continentals for 1E and 2E, and 2E German Nationals gives an earned bye to the winner of the Regional the day before (and, from what I've heard to the winner of the Vandros IV league, though this year that player only got a bye, not an earned bye).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Day 1 results are in ... Decks will be added tonight or tomorrow.

It's another cold and miserable morning ... My car is covered with ice ... But it's going to be a great day as by the end of today we will have two new Australian champions.

2e starts in about 2 hours, tribbles in about 8 hours.

Stay tuned for updates.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]