By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Broshak wrote:I really want to know what Greg's mistake was now.
I am not sure but he was swearing under his breath. Maybe forgot an order or something letting Matt replenish his hand? I was getting late in the game and quite obvious that Matt was not going to solve the problem.

The last thing I expected to run into was [Maq] with the complete lack of interest in the affiliation of late. Sydney never sees them except at big events so I had no idea even if they still work. It was a great call for Greg to play them - my deck not not at all prepared for them.

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Fritzinger wrote:I'm creating a new hashtag: #day2problems

Plebs like me are free from the hassle of prepping for Maquis
That's what I thought too, which is why I'd never actually faced the dreaded Maquis before :shifty:

Congrats again to Greg, a well deserved win!

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Indeed. ''Twas a fantastic weekend. Thanks to Steve for running the whole thing. :D

Now begins the intense lab work leading up to Worlds...
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
chompers wrote:Greg made a mistake .. I have no idea what it was? He decides to attempt mission with seven (one under)
I flew home with the defiant while Matt only had 1 card in hand because I forgot that he was in the [GQ] and I didn't have the range to get to his mission and put it back on top, so that cost me 5 points for that turn. I did get an attempt in which I wouldn't have done if I went to the [GQ].

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
It was a great weekend! The Continental event itself was one of the most enjoyable events I have played in a long time.

A MASSIVE thanks to Steve for running the show. Great job.

Much respect and appreciation to Greg and Gary for travelling done for the weekend. And being cool guys who are just fun to play against and be around

Big thanks to Big Nuts for coming up from the ACT, having fun with a crazy deck, and drinking most of my beer and ALL of my rum Saturday night.

And to the winners Matt, Greg and Iron Mike, well done. All deserved

To everyone coming to Worlds, you are in for a fine 4 or so days of TREK, and nice meals, and cool drinks, and good times.

See everyone at Worlds in 11 or so weeks!

Honest

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My tournament reports are up for those interested.

Also, I should explain why there's no results for the "Trek at the Pub" event. As we drew five people, we felt like eschewing the traditional format and just deciding to have a big silly multiplayer game, but the coolest deck/plays still would win. While Matt won the game, Walzo stood triumphant in the realm of overall coolness and won a giant painting of Marilyn Manson.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Iron Mike wrote:My tournament reports are up for those interested.

Also, I should explain why there's no results for the "Trek at the Pub" event. As we drew five people, we felt like eschewing the traditional format and just deciding to have a big silly multiplayer game, but the coolest deck/plays still would win. While Matt won the game, Walzo stood triumphant in the realm of overall coolness and won a giant painting of Marilyn Manson.
I'm more interested in learning what is the definition of a cool 2e deck by Australian standards :)

Michael,
Curious of the Cool

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Walzo was playing the Unicomplex as his HQ, and one of his missions was Earth, Stop First Contact. After playing Locutus and Borg Queen, The One Who Is Many, he played Interstellar Treaty to get out John Harriman. Harriman was flown to Earth. Walzo then played USS Enterprise, Earth's Saviour to that Earth. Subsequently, he them played the DS9 TOS people to that ship.

We deemed this cool.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:Walzo was playing the Unicomplex as his HQ, and one of his missions was Earth, Stop First Contact. After playing Locutus and Borg Queen, The One Who Is Many, he played Interstellar Treaty to get out John Harriman. Harriman was flown to Earth. Walzo then played USS Enterprise, Earth's Saviour to that Earth. Subsequently, he them played the DS9 TOS people to that ship.

We deemed this cool.
:thumbsup:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Iron Mike wrote:Walzo was playing the Unicomplex as his HQ, and one of his missions was Earth, Stop First Contact. After playing Locutus and Borg Queen, The One Who Is Many, he played Interstellar Treaty to get out John Harriman. Harriman was flown to Earth. Walzo then played USS Enterprise, Earth's Saviour to that Earth. Subsequently, he them played the DS9 TOS people to that ship.

We deemed this cool.
Very cool. I approve of doing the "Cool" tournament for 2E.

My coolest deck.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor

We deemed this cool.
Sounds like a riff on the Sean O'Reilly 2010 Continentals deck. Bringing that build out is always cool.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]