• 230 posts

By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discuss the 2015 North American Continental Championships here.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
karonofborg13 wrote:Yeah, I gotta ask, where is the article about NACC (the events & side events) and the reveal of the Continental promos? Hmmm???!!! Very curious.
Article about the NACC events and side events?
https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... cleID=1550

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
karonofborg13 wrote:Yeah, I gotta ask, where is the article about NACC (the events & side events) and the reveal of the Continental promos? Hmmm???!!! Very curious.
Article about the NACC events and side events?
https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... cleID=1550
Matt will still be waiting on word of the promos.

BDubs (Patient Man)
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Continental promo announcements range from 29th April to 29th June, so patience I guess.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
KillerB wrote:I can't wait until I somehow get blamed for Worlds drawing < 20 this year.
Sigh.

OK then, challenge accepted.

Unless I am somehow mistaken, your position is you want worlds to remain in America every year (or something close to that) and not in Australia. That's OK, you're allowed to have that opinion, but you need to remember it doesn't mean you get your own way. I don't mind if you have a different viewpoint provided it comes with constructive feedback and criticism backed up with real evidence. The trouble is this is where it all falls apart for you. You choose not to do that - instead you attack, promote negativity, and generally create a negative experience for many other players that play this game.

This hardly creates an enjoyable experience for others. We all have grown-up responsibilities and are time poor. The little free time we have we want to enjoy. Unfortunately, for me, you make it a little less fun to be involved in this game and that contributes to player attrition. This could very well contribute to lower than expected player attendance at Worlds 2015.

Thankfully, I don't think your influence is that profound, and I expect more than 20 at Worlds in 2015.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
chompers wrote:
KillerB wrote:I can't wait until I somehow get blamed for Worlds drawing < 20 this year.
...I expect more than 20 at Worlds in 2015.
Well you had 36 for 2E in 2012. I'd hope for at least 30 then. Would be great if you had more than 20 for 1E too.

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
KazonPADD wrote:
chompers wrote:
...I expect more than 20 at Worlds in 2015.
Well you had 36 for 2E in 2012. I'd hope for at least 30 then. Would be great if you had more than 20 for 1E too.
Thanks for the positive comments, but you are killing my action here, the man hasn't put the bet down yet!

I HOPE we get more than 20 for Worlds, but I am really not sure....

Will $50US cover it KillerB?

Honest
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Honest wrote: Thanks for the positive comments, but you are killing my action here, the man hasn't put the bet down yet!

I HOPE we get more than 20 for Worlds, but I am really not sure....

Will $50US cover it KillerB?

Honest
I expect you're more likely to see a comment trolling the Aussie Dollar and making references to Monopoly money than him actually accepting the bet.
Tribbles Art Manager
By Kamala (Andrea Heywood-Lobban)
 - Tribbles Art Manager
 -  
As one of the peeps helping plan this event I wondered what type of prize support do people look forward to the most? Different play groups have been trying different types of prize support. From the traditional sealed product, and shinneys, to books, memorabilia, and trophies. So what do people want to see for prize support this year?

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MOD Note: We have decided to delete off-topic comments in this thread. In this instance, we did not feel splitting those posts to another thread was in the best interest of this forum. Should any community members disagree, we are open to dialogue on the subject here, but ask that this thread be limited to conversations about Continentals and Organized Play as a whole. Thank you.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
VioletBlaze wrote:MOD Note: We have decided to delete off-topic comments in this thread. In this instance, we did not feel splitting those posts to another thread was in the best interest of this forum. Should any community members disagree, we are open to dialogue on the subject here, but ask that this thread be limited to conversations about Continentals and Organized Play as a whole. Thank you.
I don't think the link posted is working.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]