• 230 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Nick has defeated Phil, 100-70. Round 2 will see Nick vs Jeremy and Phil vs Darrell.

-crp
So let's play the analyst home game:

Nick wins the Championship with a full win this round and a loss non-Full Win by Darrell.

Jeremy wins the Championship with a full win this round and a loss non-Full Win by Phil.

Phil is eliminated with a loss this round. Ditto Darrell. Both would be eliminated with a True Tie and any win by Jeremy or Nick.

Phil or Darrell can win the championship with two Full Wins and two losses by the player that beat them.

A MW for Jeremy opens the door for Phil, who can win the Championship with Full Wins against Darrell and Jeremy in the next two rounds plus a Nick non-FW against Darrell. Alternatively, a modified win and a loss for Nick (in any order) allows Phil to capture the Championship with two Full Wins.

A MW for Nick opens the door for Darrell who can win the championship with Full Wins over Phil and Nick in the next two rounds plus a Jeremy non-FW against Phil. Alternatively, a modified win and a loss for Jeremy (in any order) allows Darrell to capture the Championship with two Full Wins.

A Jeremy/Nick True Tie opens the door for the Darrell/Phil winner (even with a Modified Win) if they can get a third round Full Win per the above scenarios.

If everyone True Ties this round then it gets real interesting and may be decided on points or tiebreakers but it's all up in the air at that point.

Yeah, I'm sold. This is more exciting than a straight bracket. Good call, OP! :thumbsup:

Edit: This post has been updated a few times as I map out more scenarios and have others pointed out (Thanks Mael!)

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Nick wins the Championship with a full win this round. Ditto Jeremy.
Really?
If Nick wins this round, and so does Darrell, then Darrell and Nick will play next round and if Darrell beats Nick, wouldn't that make him a potential winner at that point? (depending on the results of the other game, since then they'd both be at 2-1, with Darrell winning the H2H between the two.

I'm probably missing something, because I'm not looking too far into it, just randomly thinking on things right now...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote:
Armus wrote:Nick wins the Championship with a full win this round. Ditto Jeremy.
Really?
If Nick wins this round, and so does Darrell, then Darrell and Nick will play next round and if Darrell beats Nick, wouldn't that make him a potential winner at that point? (depending on the results of the other game, since then they'd both be at 2-1, with Darrell winning the H2H between the two.

I'm probably missing something, because I'm not looking too far into it, just randomly thinking on things right now...
No, you are quite right, sir. Original post has been updated. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Phil has defeated Darrell, 100-35. Nick and Jeremy are still playing with a bit more than 10 minutes left in the round.

-crp
With that result, Darrell is officially eliminated from Championship contention. Also, a full win by Nick secures the Championship at this point.

On the other hand, if the Nick/Jeremy game goes to time then things start to get interesting...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:Nick has earned a modified win against Jeremy, 50-35. The final round will be Nick v. Darrell and Phil vs. Jeremy.

-crp
So now, new speculation:
If Nick gets a FW, MW, or TT in his last game, he wins the title.
If Nick gets a Loss, and the Phil/Jeremy game ends in a FW, then the winner of that game gets the title.
If Nick gets a Loss, and the Phil/Jeremy game ends in a MW or TT, then things get complicated again. ;-)

(Disclaimer: I'm sleep deprived, this might be all wrong...)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Nick is playing Romulan. Darrell is playing the same Dominion 2.0 deck he played this morning. Jeremy is playing a very slightly modified version of the Dominion 2.0 deck he played earlier. Phil is playing Ferengi.

-crp

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:Nick has earned a modified win against Jeremy, 50-35. The final round will be Nick v. Darrell and Phil vs. Jeremy.

-crp
So now, new speculation:
If Nick gets a FW, MW, or TT in his last game, he wins the title.
If Nick gets a Loss, and the Phil/Jeremy game ends in a FW, then the winner of that game gets the title.
If Nick gets a Loss, and the Phil/Jeremy game ends in a MW or TT, then things get complicated again. ;-)

(Disclaimer: I'm sleep deprived, this might be all wrong...)
Your first two points are correct, but I don't think the third point is THAT messy. Avoiding ties through the first two rounds shut down most shenanigan endings.

If Nick loses he'll be on 8 points. Both Phil and Jeremy are sitting on 5 points. Anything shy of a full win leaves them tied with Nick, who has the head to head on both of them, or below Nick. Darrell is already below Nick. Therefore, it's Full Win and Pray for both Jeremy and Phil.

This is where Old Man Darrell sets up his Tag Team partner for with a chair shot and Phil walks away with the title AND the belt! :wink:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:Your first two points are correct, but I don't think the third point is THAT messy. Avoiding ties through the first two rounds shut down most shenanigan endings.
You're right, I hadn't actually looked to see where the H2H would leave things, but since he beat both of them initially that does make it easier.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Phil has jumped to an early 30-0 lead over Jeremy. Jeremy and Darrell have dilemmas beneath their first missions, and Nick is attempting his first mission. ~43 minutes remaining.

-crp

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]