• 230 posts

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Wow... this competition has seen a new definition of the 'British Empire' -- conquering two Continents out of three... If they invade Oz for World Domination then we may have to stash the Declaration of Independence and learn the words to 'God Save the Queen'.

Seriously, Well Done, Nick! I'm sure Corbett is crying in his beer watching the Belt cross the Pond.... :wink:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Which is the coolest deck?

Edit: just saw Moskop on Twitter post. I don't know what you have to do to be cooler than that.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thank you to those that followed the Continental Championship. Your support and interest are very important and appreciated.

Triple thanks to Charlie, Chris, Andrea and all of the other volunteers for their hard work in ensuring a drama free tournament.

I appreciated playing against good friends that come back once a year to spend time together and just have fun!!

My fellow finalists are three of the nicest, pleasant, professional Trekkers in the game (Nick, Jeremy and Phil). Thank you for such a competitive Championship.

And, especially thanks to The Continuing Committee for the beautiful top four trophies and play mats. They are beautiful!!

I had a great time this year. But, then again, Charlie and all of the volunteers make it fun every year.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Grats to all players, sounds like fun!

Darrell, ole man, Nice performance, I see you still have the mojo! .... and what is up with John? Is he becoming older than all of us together? ;)

Another question.. I seriously hope ties in the final four player round robin wouldn't have been decided by strength of schedule.. but generally I really like this format. Reminds me of a soccer world cup four team group.

Hope to be there another year again.
:thumbsup:

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Thanks everyone, I don't think anyone is more surprised than me by going the whole day undefeated... (Especially as I teched out against Voyager 5 space decks, then didn't face any)

What a fantastic few days, no drama this year that I saw or heard of, everyone was in a great mood, except maybe Salty John (tm). A big thank you to Charlie, Chris, and Andrea for just making it a great time, and a special thanks to the other three finalists for being the most gracious opponents I could hope to play.

Trek is at a great place at the moment, there were a few neuDominion decks, but I think that's more that they're new rather than over the curve. The Trek games were some of the best I've played, and I think Second Edition Phase II has really done wonders.

Now, who's coming to London for a shot at that big old wrestling belt I'm taking back to the UK with me?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
If you are still in Indianapolis, we are meeting up at High Velocity in the JW Marriott. We have three tables for eating, drinking, and gaming. Please join us!

-crp
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Cool tournament was won by Michael Moskop. Andrew Bowling was most creative.

Herman Chan won Tribbles Continentals with 25 players. Andrew Bowling was runner up.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
OKCoyote wrote:Herman Chan won Tribbles Continentals with 25 players. Andrew Bowling was runner up.
Hold on, Tribbles outdrew 1E and 2E?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Congrats to all the winners! I'm especially glad to see that Andrew recovered from the continuous near deck-out at Tribbles Worlds last year to place 2nd. [emoji106]

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
MrVorlon wrote:I would like more information on the cool tournament decks. What fun shenanigans were going on?
I was driving home from Indy yesterday, but my deck should be up in a couple minutes.

EDIT: Just finished writing up all the explanations of all my tiki coolness.
Last edited by Comicbookhero on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]