• 96 posts

By garetjax
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
2E Danish National Champion 2015
Congrats to the Stefans for winning the three titles!

I hope we get erratas for multiple cards before Worlds. Otherwise we will see either a pure Voyager final or a Voyager against an explicit anti-Voyager deck final. I tried a partly anti-Voyager deck with my Romulan-Sela-Battle deck, but it was still not enough to stop Voyager reliable.

Why has Voyager got multiple cards that are strictly better than their old counterparts?

"Homeward Bound" against "Ruling Council":
Unstops everyone against unstops only [TN] personnel. (Evil combo: Homeward bound allows to use "Shran, In Archers debt" multiple times per turn).
Doesn´t need any unstopped personnel against the need ot three non-dissident [TN] guys.

"Thirst for knowledge" against "Enterprise-J":
Effective 0 cost against 1 cost.
Will be used for 3 missions in a game against will be used for at most 2 missions in a game.

Another point: Do we really need Power Creep as a goal for Phase 2? Because there more cards in Phase 2 that better and cheaper than some old versions.
Some examples are "Self-replicating roadblock" against "The Genesis Effect" or "Accumulated Knowledge" against "To Boldly Go".

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
garetjax wrote:Congrats to the Stefans for winning the three titles!

I hope we get erratas for multiple cards before Worlds. Otherwise we will see either a pure Voyager final or a Voyager against an explicit anti-Voyager deck final. I tried a partly anti-Voyager deck with my Romulan-Sela-Battle deck, but it was still not enough to stop Voyager reliable.

Why has Voyager got multiple cards that are strictly better than their old counterparts?

"Homeward Bound" against "Ruling Council":
Unstops everyone against unstops only [TN] personnel. (Evil combo: Homeward bound allows to use "Shran, In Archers debt" multiple times per turn).
Doesn´t need any unstopped personnel against the need ot three non-dissident [TN] guys.

"Thirst for knowledge" against "Enterprise-J":
Effective 0 cost against 1 cost.
Will be used for 3 missions in a game against will be used for at most 2 missions in a game.

Another point: Do we really need Power Creep as a goal for Phase 2? Because there more cards in Phase 2 that better and cheaper than some old versions.
Some examples are "Self-replicating roadblock" against "The Genesis Effect" or "Accumulated Knowledge" against "To Boldly Go".
we are looking at getting those in line.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
So at last I added all the tournaments to the system. A total of 12 tournaments were played, we had to cancel 6.

Escpecially for 2E Day 2 and Tribbles Continentals: please add your decklists if you can to save me some time :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL:

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
garetjax wrote:
Those mistakes aren't Phase II mistakes. Remember, every set in the past number of years have had a rotating cast (with the exception of Tyler's run the last 2+ sets). Not every designer has the same opinions on Phase II. Shit, some can't even agree on what Phase II even is, or how long a 'phase' lasts.... or ever ends.

Roadblock is a straight creep. And the other example is just giving a better version of a card to a different affiliation.
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]