• 96 posts

By Mogh, Son Of Worf (Meinhard S. Rohr)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Swedish National Champion 2018
Grats Steve!
And a really big thanks to the great team at this year's Continentals, thanks to Julius, Steve and Alex for the great organization and execution! Thanks to everyone else for showing up and making this an awesome weekend!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote:Just a player thought here, no nerd politics... If I know [Voy] is the flavor of the month, especially in Europe, I'm bringing an old-school [Kli] kill deck. I beat Voyager 100% of the time, and beat everything else over 50%. I'd like my chances.

I find Europe's lack of gamesmanship to be a good deal of their problems. They all race to find the broken deck. The path of least resistance.
Benjamin was testing klingon battle in preparation (and played it day 1of euros last year). If he didn't play it this time it's because sascha and Johannes were beating it in testing.

In general I think voyager has good answers to battle.

At worlds last year I played against two klingon battle decks and I beat them by ignoring the beatdown and just continuing with solving. I lost voyager once but between b'elanna and the e.c.h. bouncing with cluttering irrelevancies it was mostly irrelevant. Plus another flying HQ was just a download away.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Fritzinger wrote:Benjamin was testing klingon battle in preparation (and played it day 1of euros last year). If he didn't play it this time it's because sascha and Johannes were beating it in testing.
Spot on analysis :thumbsup:
It's just not worthwhile doing. We've tried damage/destroy as well as just the plain All Out War/Ferocity/kill pile.
You get a couple of kills in the beginning, maybe even a bunch of 'em. But with all the new fancy 1-costers they just keep comin' until The Doctor, Emergency Medical Hologram shows up with one or two ETUs.
At that point the Klingons can basically pack up their shit and leave.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
Congrats to the two Stefans on their respective titles.

And a special thanks to Julius and Alex for providing a great location again and taking good care of us! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
KillerB wrote:ETU's.... Kahless, save me from these people... I haven't seen an ETU in the 10+ [Voy] decks I've faced.
Maybe that's the reason Euro-Voy decks can compete with Klingon kill decks :wink:
Cuz they're quite common here...
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
monty42 wrote:
KillerB wrote:ETU's.... Kahless, save me from these people... I haven't seen an ETU in the 10+ [Voy] decks I've faced.
Maybe that's the reason Euro-Voy decks can compete with Klingon kill decks :wink:
Cuz they're quite common here...
Benjamin's Klingons were the reason I took 2x ETU + 3x E.C.H. + 2x B'Elanna to worlds last year.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
I know, a little bit late, but i'm so tired after the weekend that I almost forgot to give you the REAL European Champion - in Tribbles of course - again a Stefan (we all should change our first names after this EC;-) - and again Austria has a double champion...Stefan Slaby !!!

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
I would like to say thank you to everyone who participated in preparing and organizing another great tournament in Vienna. I have been to many great places but Jazzland is very special and it is the place where I always gladly return. I would like to once again express our gratitude to Stefan and his girlfriend for letting us stay in his living room for two nights and who have always been great hosts. Once again thank you for everything.
Congratulations to Stefan and Stefan on winning their respected games. :thumbsup: Wish you both best of luck at worlds. Both of you have become legends and the best what Europe can offer.
And finally a story of the weekend. My friend - Jan Rohacek made an impress return after losing first two rounds during the day 1 of the 2E tournament, winning 5 games in row and taking the top spot. :thumbsup:
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
vlasopes wrote: And finally a story of the weekend. My friend - Jan Rohacek made an impress return after losing first two rounds during the day 1 of the 2E tournament, winning 5 games in row and taking the top spot. :thumbsup:
Vlad - I'd like to hear your thoughts on 5 space Voyager and the results from this tournament. Although you have played Voyager a lot in the past my suspicion is that if you thought there was a better deck you would have played it (and Jan would have as well). Am I correct?

Also - will we be seeing you at Worlds in London?
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
All the missing tournaments will be added to the system today or tomorrow evening at the latest. Sorry for the delay, but the real life needs attention again 8) 8) 8)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]