• 236 posts
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
OK it's time for my big public gratitude display. Most of you heard me already at the event but I wanted it in writing and wanted to make sure certain people were publicly acknowledged.

First: to Ken Tufts and Michael Van Breemen for taking a chance on us, based on last year's Masters success, and making the call that we should have a shot at an even larger event. I hope we've proven your trust was not misplaced. Additional thanks to Ken to running the 2E main event so that all Rick, Sean, and myself would all be able to play in the big event without worry.

To my partners, Rick Kinney and Sean O'Reilly. Rick once again did a fantastic job with word of mouth, organization, prize support, direction, all of it. No matter what level of event he runs, from the monthly locals all the way up to Continentals, he puts all his passion into his events and goes over and above what is expected. He truly is an ambassador to this game. Sean's dedication is unmatched as well, from providing prize support himself to input over the trophies (I believe the hockey pucks were his idea, and the "Captain"/"First Officer"/"Cadet" rank system too), he had a big hand in the planning of Continentals, and of course he took a huge load off the rest of our backs by running some very crowded Tribbles events.

To Eric Robinett and the staff of Campus Cards & Games for allowing us to play in his store. His staff was always friendly, flexible, and accommodating, and made us feel welcome all weekend.

To everyone who donated prize support to the event! In addition to the considerable spread put together by Rick, Sean, and myself, we received playmats from Ken Tufts, a stack of 1E rares from Josh Sheets (including, impressively, a TMP U.S.S. Reliant which was snapped up very quickly), Disney tickets from John Kinney (my daughter was very excited to snag one of those), and I'm sure there were others and I can't remember them all, so thank you all.

And of course, every single one of you that took the time out of their busy lives to travel to Florida, spend a few days here, and have a good time playing games with us. We are honored and humbled that you did. We did everything we could to try to give you the best weekend we could put together, and I sincerely hope that was the case. But we certainly couldn't have done it without all of you. Thank you for attending our big Orlando weekend, and I look forward to seeing you all again at the next one!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
It was fun following the results over the forums and via text message this weekend. I'm looking forward to reading the tournament reports, specifically, those covering the 1E Day 2 action. :cross:
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2023
Well I just got home from the airport & again what a great weekend in Orlando for two years in a row.

Team effort between Rick, Sean, and Dan nice to see a group of local players supporting each other to put together a big event versus it all on one persons back.

I look forward to the next meeting as I have some comebacks to nail (you know who you are xD)
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Resistance-is-futile wrote:Well I just got home from the airport & again what a great weekend in Orlando for two years in a row.

Team effort between Rick, Sean, and Dan nice to see a group of local players supporting each other to put together a big event versus it all on one persons back.

I look forward to the next meeting as I have some comebacks to nail (you know who you are xD)
Looking forward to Justin's new career in carpentry... :)

Michael,
Who didn't got for the obvious :)
 -  
Photos from NACC are now up on the TrekCC Facebook page at facebook.com/trekcc including photos of all finalists at the trophy ceremony.
 -  
T-Ricks wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:Photos from NACC are now up on the TrekCC Facebook page at facebook.com/trekcc including photos of all finalists at the trophy ceremony.
Daniel, can you post a link? You know how I am with social media. Thanks.
Give this a try.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]