By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
edgeofhearing wrote:Congrats Shane! And great work on second place, James!
James only picked the game up recently and played like a pro which was really exciting to see. He's not new to card games and performs well in the lcg'S. I heard something about being a national champion in one of the lcg'S. He likes the game and hopes to keep playing. Exciting to get fresh and competitive blood.

I had him locked out with my deck yet he managed to find a way through to steal two missions at time and reverse a mod loss to a mod win.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:
chompers wrote:Sorry Nob ... Mis interpreted your thread. I am on edge these days post Worlds 2015. Thanks for your input :)
No worries. I just found it odd that there'd been no 1E played by Australians at all in 2016, and that the highest-rated Australian player for 2016 in 2E to that point wasn't even in the top 25 worldwide.
1e is a real issue for us at the moment .... I've moved away and ran the events. Tried to run regional from my place but last minute cancellations prevented it from happening, Peter hill is moving to Tasmania, mike nugent has quit (hopefully taking s break) leaving the core 1e group fractured. The only chance of an event is if we find new players or someone travels. :(

If you look at the six that did play ... Clayton. Matt, Walzo from Sydney .... Jay from Victoria, me from port Stephens, kamal from Malaysia .... Three of six traveled.

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
nobthehobbit wrote: No worries. I just found it odd that there'd been no 1E played by Australians at all in 2016, and that the highest-rated Australian player for 2016 in 2E to that point wasn't even in the top 25 worldwide.
Well, in my case a combination of cancer and starting a MBA resulted in last minute cancellation of the planned 1E regional. I was just happy to be able to make it to the 2E regional. That's just life, things happen unfortunately.

-  
I played Legend of the Five Rings at the highest levels before the game got canned - I finished #1 in Singapore and #2 in Australia in the final season. I'm also the Sydney Sheriff for Doomtown (another cancelled game...). One appeal of Trek is that it can't get cancelled on us now :)

Kieren/Honest taught me to play and gave me a deck... I tinkered with it a bit to focus on making it more efficient at trying missions early and often. Obviously the metagame is still a mystery to me, but I figured that making a lean, efficient deck would be competitive... that works in pretty much any game. Didn't expect to finish second though!

I enjoyed meeting you all - especial thanks to Kieren for the introduction and deck, and Steve and Clayton for making a newbie welcome in the group, and for some great games.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Day 2 2nd edition underway with top 8 modified McIntyre bracket

Shane def Steve
Matt def Clayton
Kieren def Kamal
Jay def Walzo

Round 2 pairings
Steve vs Jay
Matt vs Kieren
Shane bye
Matt bye

Kamal was playing [TNG]
Walzo was playing [Voy]

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Round 2 wrapping up

Steve def Jay
Clayton def Kieren

Clayton got to spend 26 dilemma counters on Kieran's final mission attempt to prevent Kieren going from mod loss to mod win

Round 3 pairings

Matt vs steve
Shane vs Clayton

Kieren was playing [Car]
Jay was playing [Maq]
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
chompers wrote:Matt ting wins 2E and claims all three 2016 Australian Chsmpionships titles.

Drug test pending.

Congrats to Matt!
Wow awesome job Matt! Also well done organizers at gathering players, and thanks to Steve for manning the Twitter feed for me this weekend :-)

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Congrats to Matt Ting-triple crown is something beautiful and rare. You did great

Also, congrats to Shane for a fantastic showing all weekend. Shane played a new deck (for him) and rocked it to a 9-1 (ish) record. Fine work!

Chompers did himself proud with exemplary organisation, TOing, prize support and scheduling. He is the best man for the job and I am glad he is on our side

The top 4 of Matt, Shane, Clayton and Steve probably represent the top 4 players currently in Sydney (Hash and CBGB in the mix also but were unavailable this weekend). The results pf this event reinforce this. Having said that, had Donny been available to play today would have made it interesting

The beers afterwards were fantastic. We should do more of this. The only things missing from the event to make it the best one ever was missing the Dillons from Brisbane and the 5 Perth players. Having all 3 metas together, with those quality players, would have been Trek Goober overload!

Thanks all who came. Again thanks to Steve for putting it all together

Until Nationals!

Honest

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Thanks all!

An extra thanks to Steve, great job organising a great event :cheersR:

And also to Kieren, Sydney is extremely lucky to have you as an ambassador this game :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR: (2 of which are light beers so you're good to drive)

Some amazing games played over 3 days there, with some real nail-biters. 2 true ties on Continentals Day 1 was nuts, the 2 games against Shane were among the best games of Trek I've ever played.

James: I didn't get to play against you, but I'm looking forward to seeing you at future events! :D

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]