• 119 posts

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:What about the Excelsior playtest? How did it go?
We had 8 people on hand to try it out, I think it went well having people take the cards and see what's in the pool and try it out. Matt will likely have more detailed feedback on what he was looking for. I can see a lot of potential for a fun, rotating format to supplement the others we have available.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
TyKajada wrote:.

Grats to Kevin for winning this with a Borg deck, awesome!
:thumbsup:

Downside... we won't see any help for Borg in form of good cards in the near future :wink:

1e with Cardassian/Dominion capture mash-up, neat, must have been fun.
I wish you could have been there to see how I got the full win against kris Day 2. I couldn't believe I pulled it off given how hard Kris tried to stop me.

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
TyKajada wrote:

Downside... we won't see any help for Borg in form of good cards in the near future :wink:

Hoss Drone wrote:

I wish you could have been there to see how I got the full win against kris Day 2. I couldn't believe I pulled it off given how hard Kris tried to stop me.

I actually witnessed how you pulled it off. Getting a FW like that is rare. I should know because it happened in one of our games long ago. I'll let you announce how you did it.

By Boratus (Steve Nelson)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:
TyKajada wrote:.

I actually witnessed how you pulled it off. Getting a FW like that is rare. I should know because it happened in one of our games long ago. I'll let you announce how you did it.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Check out the Section 31 podcast tonight and I'll break it down. Short version - good participation and progress towards an official release!
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
CaptMDKirk wrote:
Check out the Section 31 podcast tonight and I'll break it down. Short version - good participation and progress towards an official release!
Glad to hear it Matt!

TK

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I was just looking over the deck lists. I gotta say, it's refreshing to see an ALC Bomb deck go 0-fer. Nothing personal against Kris, but the fact that such a good player playing a deck he was very familiar with and had won a ton of games with go 0-3 tells me that these big scary decks CAN be beaten. You just have to prepare for them.

In fact, I wonder if this undercuts Nate's earlier point that ALC is the problem. It clearly wasn't in this particular case.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:I was just looking over the deck lists. I gotta say, it's refreshing to see an ALC Bomb deck go 0-fer. Nothing personal against Kris, but the fact that such a good player playing a deck he was very familiar with and had won a ton of games with go 0-3 tells me that these big scary decks CAN be beaten. You just have to prepare for them.

In fact, I wonder if this undercuts Nate's earlier point that ALC is the problem. It clearly wasn't in this particular case.

ALC extends an advantage, it doesn't create one. Preposterous plan extends a benefit, it doesn't grant one. Both can be dealt with.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
I hope you boys have enjoyed your warm up before Worlds. The Pipers Pit has targeted you all for Sexecution, and won't be holding back on the sexiness and thrills......
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
sexecutioner wrote:I hope you boys have enjoyed your warm up before Worlds. The Pipers Pit has targeted you all for Sexecution, and won't be holding back on the sexiness and thrills......
Last I checked, The Mega Powers won all 3 Continental Championships in North America this past weekend while the Rowdy One sat at home stroking Snuka's cocoanuts. :P

Remember the last time you threatened to "Take me down to Chinatown," Niall? How'd that go again? :wink:

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote:Good luck. Clearly Jaeger is your weakness.
LORE wrote:Last I checked, The Mega Powers won all 3 Continental Championships in North America this past weekend while the Rowdy One sat at home stroking Snuka's cocoanuts.

Remember the last time you threatened to "Take me down to Chinatown," Niall? How'd that go again?
That's all cute and all.

Get back to me when you have the Snukaballs to stock Data's Head, Data Laughing AND Persistence of Memory* in your high level decks ;)

T&Cs apply, not all listed cards were in same deck

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]