• 119 posts

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Good morning, space friends! 2E Continentals is underway with 10 players. Four first-round byes cashed in (Kevin, Kris, Nat, and Ken) so first round with 6 is just wrapping up. Random pairings made people play their local-ish cohorts...random is random...

Nate Wineinger vs Matt Kirk
Preston Holida vs Mark Muston
Steve Nelson vs Jeremy Huth

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
First round wins for Jeremy, Nate, and Preston, and now the field is all seated for the second round:

Kevin Jaeger vs Kris Sonsteby
Nat Kirton vs Ken Tufts
Preston Holida vs Jeremy Huth
Nate Wineinger vs Steve Nelson
Matt Krik vs Mark Muston

Affiliation breakdown for those speculating at home:
2 [DS9] (one is [NA] )
2 [Rom]
1 [DS9-E]
1 [DS9] [TNG]
1 [TOS]
1 [TNG]
1 [Bor]
1 [Baj]
Last edited by flrazor on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Round 2 winners were Ken, Kevin, Nate W, Mark (MW) and Preston (MW). Here are your round 3 pairings and standings:

Ken Tufts (8) vs Nate Wineinger (8)
Kevin Jaeger (8) vs Preston Holida (7)
Nat Kirton (5) vs Kris Sonsteby (5)
Jeremy Huth (5) vs Mark Muston (4)
Matt Kirk (2) vs Steve Nelson (2)

Stay tuned - we are playing 6 rounds and pairings are eventually going to get "interesting".

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Round three winners were Kevin, Jeremy, Matt (MW), and Nate. Kris and Nat had a true tie deck out (70-70, both planet and space).

Fourth round has now begun after lunch. Here are your standings and pairings:

Kevin Jaeger (12) vs Nate Wineinger (12)
Ken Tufts (9) vs Jeremy Huth (9)
Preston Holida (8) vs Nat Kirton (7)
Kris Sonsteby (7) vs Matt Kirk (5)
Mark Muston (5) vs Steve Nelson (3)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fourth Round winners are Kevin, Mark, Kris, Preston, and Ken.

Now things start to get fun with (legal) pairings... 5th round pairings and standings:

Kevin Jaeger (16) vs ken Tufts (13)
Nate Wineinger (13) vs Preston Holida (11)
Kris Sonsteby (10) vs Mark Muston (9)
Jeremy Huth (10) vs Matt Kirk (6)
Nat Kirton (8) vs Steve Nelson (4)

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
flrazor wrote:First round wins for Jeremy, Nate, and Preston, and now the field is all seated for the second round:

Kevin Jaeger vs Kris Sonsteby
Nat Kirton vs Ken Tufts
Preston Holida vs Jeremy Huth
Nate Wineinger vs Steve Nelson
Matt Krik vs Mark Muston

Affiliation breakdown for those speculating at home:
2 [DS9] (one is [NA] )
2 [Rom]
1 [DS9-E]
1 [DS9] [TNG]
1 [TOS]
1 [TNG]
1 [Bor]
1 [Baj]
I got a chuckle out of how the Bye Guys (No... not That ... :shifty: ) all played each other in round two. Hour of reckoning or something there lol.
flrazor wrote: Stay tuned - we are playing 6 rounds and pairings are eventually going to get "interesting".
If I could find a good GIF of Lursa making her "Stank Face" (From Generations, when Bev shows up in Geordi's VISOR tap), I would post it now. That pairing dance sounds like fun.

flrazor wrote: Kris and Nat had a true tie deck out (70-70, both planet and space).
Wut?

Reading this, I now wish I could be there, even as a "Fly on the Wall", as I have Nothing to really play for these high-level gigs.

BDubs
Last edited by JamesValEson on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fritzinger wrote:The travellers for this one are Nate, Ken, Matt?

If you mean "Outside of the Upper Midwest", then yes. Otherwise, Jeremy is from Wisconsin (IIRC), and Kev, Mark, and Preston are from South Dakota.

BDubs

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fifth round winners were Kris, Nate, Steve, Kevin, and Jeremy.

Even the tournament software had a fun time making this work, but we managed a sixth round without conflicts:

Kevin Jaeger (20) vs Jeremy Huth (13)
Nate Wineinger (17) vs Kris Sonsteby (14)
Ken Tufts (14) vs Mark Muston (10)
Preston Holida (12) vs Steve Nelson (8)
Nat Kirton (9) vs Matt Kirk (7)

Who will make the finals? Stay tuned!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
JAEGER GOES DOWN! JAEGER GOES DOWN! Kevin concedes to Jeremy in round 6, ending his win streak, and Matt, Ken, Kris and Preston also win. Your final results are posted here.

Your finals qualifiers are Kevin Jaeger, Ken Tufts, Kris Sonsteby, and Nate Wineinger. Finals will begin after a dinner break.

Thank you to everyone for an awesome day of Second Edition! We're not done yet, though. Stay tuned!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
flrazor wrote:JAEGER GOES DOWN! JAEGER GOES DOWN! Kevin concedes to Jeremy in round 6, ending his win streak, and Matt, Ken, Kris and Preston also win. Your final results are posted here.

Your finals qualifiers are Kevin Jaeger, Ken Tufts, Kris Sonsteby, and Nate Wineinger. Finals will begin after a dinner break.

Thank you to everyone for an awesome day of Second Edition! We're not done yet, though. Stay tuned!
:shock: What!?! I have Got to read this tourney report.

BDubs

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
KillerB wrote:Concedes and makes the final four.... Looks like Kevin did what's best for business.

Good man.
Not necessarily good. The catch is that Kevin knew that even with an FL he'd make the final four. So by conceding he was attempting to put Jeremy in the final four as well (or giving him as good a chance as possible to get into the final four), essentially giving Jeremy an unearned advantage by happening to have been paired against Kevin in the last round when Kevin was already sure of advancing.

That Jeremy didn't make the final four is of no consequence here; the point is that there was an attempt to alter the results of the event in a particular player's favour in a manner other than playing Trek.

In some games, that could be grounds for DQing Kevin.

In fact, if I were the TD, I'd be looking into Collusion per the Code of Conduct:
C2. Collusion [L4]: Collusion is defined as the collaboration (or attempted collaboration) of one or more players to subvert a game’s natural result. There must be sufficient evidence of the collaboration when issuing this penalty.

Examples: Offering an opponent compensation to concede or play poorly in a game, reporting predetermined results of a game, or attempting to bribe the TD to change a game’s result.
EDIT:

Obviously, I'm not the TD and I don't know the facts on the ground. An investigation for Collusion, never mind a finding thereof, is for the TD to conduct at their sole discretion.
Last edited by nobthehobbit on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]