• 209 posts
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Hello to everyone!

It is my honor to announce the upcoming European Continentals 2018: they will take place in Kassel, Germany. You can expect 4 days of Trek fun, very nice people and of course the famous German hospitality.

Start to make your holiday arrangements right now it will certainly be worth it.

A preliminary schedule is already online in the article itself https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.ph ... ticle=2138, as soon as we have the complete and final schedule (probably 2-3 months before the event) we’ll let you know.

To the local organizers: I’m sure you’ll organize Continentals worth of some Klingon songs!!!

Greetings

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Pazuzu wrote:Sehr gut, ja.

I would really like to run a 1e side event [emoji4]
As the Kassel group consists mostly of 2E guys, we'd be pleased if any of the 1E players would be willing and able to host and officiate any of the 1E stuff that we've planned.
Just pm to me or Sascha and we'll set you up.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Das ist gut, ja!
I sincerely hope you Brits and Austrian guys will be there as well. To a degree I can miss that empty seat of Thomas on the stage of the JazzLand, but it will never be as fun as Vienna without you. Let Steve drive, I guess he put down his fears by driving on a German Autobahn by now :) :) . Hope to see you all in Kassel!
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
The first preliminary tournament schedule has been entered to the tournament system. The main events are almost final (only the exact number of rounds and the final starting times could be altered...)

:cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL: :borg: :cheersR: :cheersR: :cheersR:

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

There's a very good chance I will be attending Euros this year... :thumbsup:

Since I will spend some time during summer in Germany anyway, I try to coordinate accordingly...
I assume all dates are final? Also championship tournaments will definitely be Sat/Sun correct?

Would be fun to play in Germany again..

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
TyKajada wrote:.

There's a very good chance I will be attending Euros this year... :thumbsup:

Since I will spend some time during summer in Germany anyway, I try to coordinate accordingly...
I assume all dates are final? Also championship tournaments will definitely be Sat/Sun correct?

Would be fun to play in Germany again..
Yes, the dates are final. All championship matches will be on Sat/Sun except Tribbles which will be on Friday.
We're looking forward to having you. :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
KillerB wrote:Alex said the flights from the US are around 900 bucks?

That accurate?
Depends a bit on what city you're flying from but sounds about right.
KillerB wrote:That's a motherfucker.
Yep!

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
monty42 wrote:

That accurate?
Yep!
I booked this weekend EWR-FRA, it was $960 non-stop, no transfer to and from airports.

You might be able to get less expensive flights from JFK via Iceland, but have fun with that. All other airports from the US are probably more expensive due to distance alone and July being the top season.
At least if you book a Star Alliance flight (United or Lufthansa etc.) you are able to get a train ticket to and from FRA-Kassel for 35Euro each (Rail & Fly).

Luckily I will be in Germany to visit family anyways, so for me it's just a nice side trip... :D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Chancellor
TyKajada wrote:
monty42 wrote:

That accurate?
Yep!
I booked this weekend EWR-FRA, it was $960 non-stop, no transfer to and from airports.

You might be able to get less expensive flights from JFK via Iceland, but have fun with that. All other airports from the US are probably more expensive due to distance alone and July being the top season.
At least if you book a Star Alliance flight (United or Lufthansa etc.) you are able to get a train ticket to and from FRA-Kassel for 35Euro each (Rail & Fly).

Luckily I will be in Germany to visit family anyways, so for me it's just a nice side trip... :D
So glad you're gonna make it!
Expect nothing more than a whole Klingon opera worth of songs to be sung about this weekend!
I've paid similar amounts of $ to get to Orlando this year. There were flights as cheap as 500something $ but they were like two stops 24 hr stuff, so I chickened out and payed the bucks to have a relaxed and stressless 9 hr run.

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]