By willraiman (Will Raiman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
30+ year resident of Atlanta here to answer any questions for those of you who might be travelling here for the Continentals.

Some quick tips:

The host hotel is right across the street from the Lenox subway (MARTA) station. MARTA trips are $2.50 one-way, plus $2 the first time to buy your reusable card. More MARTA info at: https://www.itsmarta.com/

Parking at the hotel is something absurd like $8/hour maxing at $32/day, but the hotel is directly connected to Lenox Mall, which has free parking. You just have to be willing the walk the length of a mall, inside (presumably during mall operating hours) or outside.

There's a ton of food options nearby, but once the mall closes (9pm, 7pm on Sunday), you might end up walking 3 or 4 blocks if you don't want to drive. If you have your car or want to take the train, you will be spoiled for choice, though.

Hit me with your questions. Looking forward to seeing you all.

By willraiman (Will Raiman)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:Where's the closest Waffle House?
1.7 miles away, on Piedmont. Technically walkable, but along very busy roads. Buckhead Diner is slightly closer. In either case, once you're there, you're already halfway to Oxford Comics & Games, a venerable Atlanta institution. I would legit not be surprised if they had some dusty white border 1E on a shelf somewhere, still.
Fritzinger wrote:How awesome will 2019 NA Continentals be?
So awesome.
LORE wrote:Thanks, Will! I fly in Friday afternoon and will take the Marta to the hotel. Appreciate the tip on where to get dinner!
Not technically a question, but I'll answer it anyway: Be prepared to gasp in astonishment as Atlanta's sub-par public transportation system actually manages to look competent, as it takes you from inside the airport and drops you off right across the street from your destination. Amazing!

Lenox Station is on the Gold/Doraville line, but you can step off and wait to switch trains at literally any stop before then in case you don't want to wait at Airport. Peachtree Center Station is usually a nice choice, as it is both heavily travelled and nice and cool from being very deep underground.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Why are there no liquor stores within walking distance of the venue?

:shifty:

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
It wasn’t like I was envisioning grabbing some Boone’s Farm and Mickey’s hand grenades. [emoji14]

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
As far as I can tell, these were never formally announced so here are the questions I have about the scheduling as it pertains to the Day 1 & Day 2 tournaments.

Day 1 of 2E is scheduled for 6 rounds. Do we have enough time for that many games in addition to the Day 2 event? What is the cut down # cutting down to between Day 1 and Day 2? 8? 16? The Day 2 event is then scheduled for 4 rounds. Why? After 3 rounds there will be a clear winner if the cut is to top 8. Day 1 being 6 rounds of swiss and Day 2 being 3 rounds of swiss is easily going to be a 12-hour day. Are there any time constraints at the venue?

Day 1 of 1E is scheduled for 5 rounds. Why? With only 10 players registered, 4 rounds should be more than sufficient to get to a solid cut down total. Speaking to that, what is the cut down # cutting down to between Day 1 and Day 2? 4? 8? The Day 2 event is then scheduled for just 2 rounds. Why? This appears to be single elimination. Is that correct?

I would suggest a cut to top 8 for 2E and a cut to top 4 for 1E. Both Day 2 events can then be 3 rounds of swiss. These are only my recommendations, and I defer to the event hosts for final say, but we participants need to know a.s.a.p. as this will impact deck choices.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]