European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Bidding is Now Open for 2020 High-Level Events! Tweet
by Kris Sonsteby, Director of Organized Play
13th June 2019

Greetings to all of our STCCG Ambassadors, tournament organizers, and participants! The Organized Play team is proud to announce that the bidding for high-level events worldwide for the 2020 calendar year is now open. If you are interested in hosting a Trek Masters tournament series, National Championships, Continental Championships, or even the World Championships, now is the time to let us know! Interested parties should send a forum PM to their local Continental Coordinator and copy myself (LORE) with the following information:

Name of the organizer(s):

Event being applied for:

Anticipated hosting month / date:

City / State / Province / Country:

Venue(s) & Hours (as applicable):

Anticipated overhead costs (if any):

Nearby Lodging / Food / Entertainment:

Headcount of local players whom would likely attend:

Any other helpful notes / commentary you wish to add:

The bidding process officially begins today and will run throughout the end of the 2019 calendar year. However, please note that it is our intention to nail down the location of next year's World Championships prior to August 1st and announce it at this year's World Championships in Vienna, Austria. So, if you would like to bid on hosting our biggest event of 2020, please plan accordingly. Also, please understand that it is Organized Play's goal to spread high-level events across the globe and that each bid will be reviewed in that light. In the event we have either a shortage of bids or a saturation of bids from one geographic area, the Organized Play team reserves the right to directly solicit members of the community to host events at their sole discrection. With that said, we also do not have a hard cutoff on the number of events that will ultimately be awarded for the coming year, and we want to ensure as many play groups / geographic areas as possible have a chance to participate in the World Championships, Continental Championships, National Championships, and / or Trek Masters tournaments. So, get those bids in!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Right on! I had another one come in yesterday, and so far have only received a handful. Get those bids in, folks!
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
nickyank wrote:How about somewhere that might pull in more than 6 players?
It is the same problem every year Worlds are in Europe as well - Continentals are not so well attended in those years...
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]