Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E Australian Continental Champion 2019
Hey Team,

Schedule is up, events have been created. SHort version is

Nov 9 10am-2e COntinentals. 4 rounds swiss, top 4 play off. $10 entry
Nov 9 4pm-the top 4 play off-free
Nov 9 4pm-tribbles fun for those who didn't make top 4 cut-free
Nov 10 10am-1E continentals. 3 round swiss, no cut, just win-$10 entry
Nov 10 3pm-Tribbles Continentals.2 pods 5 rounds. Top 4 make final table for 5 round play off. Fun pod for those that didn't make final table. $5 entry

I'll give out all prizes (except winners cards and certs) after swiss, we'll draft prizes from a pool as usual.

For those who don't play 1E, I propose we turn up at 10am anyways Sunday and play Agricola, or Puerto Rico, or Manhattan Project, or Nations, or Lancaster, or Dungeon Lords.(these are my Favs BTW. Whilst the party is in town, lets enjoy it.

If you have any friends who you think would like Trek, bring them. I'll have a bunch of decks that are competitive they can have (for 2E), they'd be welcome. If you have a spare Tribbles deck, please bring that also, you never know with Tribbles who may join in.

Prizes will be board games, sleeves and promos. There will be more value than the $10 entry fees for all, the $10 just helps cover the cost of them.

This will be fun, always has been. A couple of new sets have come out this year I don't think any of us have seen, maybe check them out and brew up some new tech

Cheers

Honest

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well, 2019 AU 2E Continentals has been run and won. 6 brave, determined souls arrived at Burwood to duke it out, and a special mention to Peg Leg Pete and Greg Dillon for travelling interstate to make the event.

We decided with 6 players we'd play round robin with no final. And it was fun. After the 5 rounds, one of the most dashing players ever to sleeve up a deck in anger was the 2019 Champion.

1st: Honest 5-0 TNG

2nd Greg 4-1 Klingon battle

3rd CHompers 2-3 Dominion

4th Clayton 2-3 Ferengi

5th Peg Leg 2-3 Hell's Kitchen

6th Walzo 0-5 TOS

Today was fun, and I am glad that we made it happen, not just the results which came up my way, but hanging out, laughing and playing a real good game made for a real good day. thanks all.

Tomorrow is 1E where there is guaranteed 4 runners. Tribbles will be at around 3pm. I don't do 1E (unless we only get 3, then I will play badly) so will be up for some board games, a game or 3 of 2E, and some tribbles warm up games if people are up for it

Thanks all for playing, to those who couldn't make it, you were missed.

1E and tribbles results will be posted tomorrow

KO

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Congrats on the win, Kieren! :cheersL:

I'm really glad to see Trek still happening in Australia, and it's great to see that everybody had a good time. That's what it's all about!

I gotta ask though: how did you get past Greg's craziness?

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:Congrats on the win, Kieren! :cheersL:

I'm really glad to see Trek still happening in Australia, and it's great to see that everybody had a good time. That's what it's all about!

I gotta ask though: how did you get past Greg's craziness?
TNG was a little too quick for him, though it didn't seem like it when he was drawing 6 cards after each combat and placing 3 new Klingons into play as a result, then repeating the process!

Plus I think I got lucky.

It was good to play again. And thanks :)

Honest

By Honest
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey Space Goobers!

Today was 1E and Tribbles Continentals. 1E had 4 crusty die hards turn up to try their best to become the champ, and after 3 rounds of Swiss, results looked like this

1st Greg 2-1

2nd Steve 2-1

3rd Pete 1-2

4th Clayton 1-2

Highlights-the usual Chompers shenanigans when he lost to Greg by one point, that he had the chance to score a variety of times during the match, just by playing a card. Peg Leg Pete had a 4 dilemma combo that stranded people on a toxic planet, that killed someone at the start and end of each players turn. Worked a charm until he ran into some Holograms that just turned themselves off and then on again. The guys had a blast.

Then we move on to the more serious matter of the Tribbles Continentals. Walzo and Matt Ting rocked on in to add some much needed class to the event, and quadruple the fun factor. After 5 rounds of a seven player slog, class did prevail in a perverse sort of way.

1st Honest 726455

2nd Steve 450113

3rdGreg 218744

34th Matt 142301

5th Clayton 132110

.6th Peg Leg 10011

7th Walzo 1

Massive thanks and appreciation to Greg for coming down from Brisvegas and Pete for coming up from Tassie. Much respect for the effort, I hope the experience was worthwhile. Also thanks to Matt for popping in just to be social, and to play Tribbles, and to Walzo for popping in for Tribbles, and claiming the title of world Rhino Hero Champion.

So the 2019 Aussie Continentals was run and won. And again, it was good to see those who came along, and really good to play again. While ever the group and spirit is interested, I'll keep posting up dates for potential meet ups. Targeting something around Xmas/New Year with a BBQ and board game day/evening, I just need to move house first!

Lastly, thanks for the Continuing Committee for sending the prizes early. They went down a treat, and whilst the attendance was small, the appreciation was big.

Thanks all, I hope we all get together for a game or three in the near future.

Honest

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
thanks for the events - lots of fun

1E is so much fun with the rediculous that happens

- Against Greg I lost by 1 point. I forgot to process ore early on and elected not to later on because I liked the cards I had in my hand and how important is 1 point ever going to be? In this case it was the difference between winning Australian Championships :)

- Against Peter I sent an entire team of holograms onto planet, without mission requirements. I faced Horta and Volanic Eruption and got stuck on planet as I did not have three engineers to beam back to ship as required by the next dilemma I faced (not sure of its name). Lots of hologams got turned on and off again. Next turn I use Rituals of the Hunt and name BÉlanna to gain Engineer and beam all my Hirogen to planet to solve the problem. At least, so I thought. Turns out none had Anthropology (or Engineer) and I got stuck on planet .. again. Holograms kept getting turned on and off again, Hirogen all missed the random selections, until Iden turned up two turns later to save the day.

Trek is fun, the company is great, should do it more often!
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Armus wrote:I gotta ask though: how did you get past Greg's craziness?
Basically my dilemma pile failed to isolate any personnel while also not doing a good job at stopping mission solving so it took to many resources to do the thing and I couldn't catch up.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Latok wrote:It was a great weekend, I really enjoyed the trip, the games and the NSW hospitality, looking forward to 2020.
Congrats on the 1e win, Greg! :cheersL:

Did you end up playing Cadets or did you go with something else?

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Armus wrote:
Latok wrote:It was a great weekend, I really enjoyed the trip, the games and the NSW hospitality, looking forward to 2020.

He had a mix of Federation. He did play some cadets but not sure that was the theme of the deck. He was dropping shuttecraft with crew and also had the DS9 genetically enhanced personnel.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Armus wrote:

Yep I've just posted it up, a Cadet/Shuttlepod/Devidian Door/Group Therapy deck

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]