For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Moved to the Continental Championships subforum.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Quick update re: table-space:

In the past we had about 8-12 players (with the exception of covidfest in 2020), now that it's Continentals and some people might be itching to do a Trek road trip again, that number might go up a bit, and I've actually already received several messages, both here and on fb, from people who are thinking about attending. So, here's the situation:

Assuming bad weather and playing outside on the patio is not an option, it looks like the indoor capacity for comfortable 1E play is 10 games / 20 players. If we reduce the table-space per game from 120cm to 90cm, we could squeeze in 13 games / 26 players, but that's probably getting a bit too crammed and cosy for some. Not that I'm expecting anywhere close to that number, but just in case: Please don't show up unannounced on the day, and if you'll be bringing a friend along who won't play, please let me know in advance so we can prepare accordingly (food, drinks, chairs, space to drop bags, etc). When in doubt, priority will always be given to pre-registered players.
Dukat wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:23 am I just told my girlfriend about Kaiserfest ...

She asked: 'Can someone accompany a player if that person doesn't play the game but wants to hang out and be a tad annoying? The food sounds delicious!'.
One can, if one can doesn't mind equally annoying behaviour in return :wink:
She shouldn't expect to find female company, though, because the lady of the house will likely spend the weekend somewhere else with the little one.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Kaiser wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:42 am One can, if one can doesn't mind equally annoying behaviour in return :wink:
She shouldn't expect to find female company, though, because the lady of the house will likely spend the weekend somewhere else with the little one.
Kaiserfest = Sausage Fest. :wink:

Kidding aside, this is great to here, J. I really hope you have a big turnout. Pack 'em in like sardines if you have to! :cheersL:

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
I think me lady will also be spending her weekend alone, whilst I ...
Just ...
Registered ...

*he's been lurking in the shadows*
*for years*
*now he's back on the scene*
*What will he play? A Ferengi DS9 battle deck with Brunt and Data's Medals? A TOS Gamma Quadrant deck with tons of Drought Tree? Will he stop referring to himself in the third person?*

I just secured my day off at work.

It has been QUITE a while since I attended any real life tournament, due to that nasty medical school thingy that burned my vacant time; and when I finished, that Corona thingy killed tournaments.

Seriously: Really looking forward to this.
If Niall will be there, I will refuse to be sexecuted! The Line Must Be Drawn There! :D
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
This gig looks like so much fun - so many heavy hitters pre-registered! Oh how I wish international flights were not so expensive!

Have fun in the pool and at the tables, fellas. :cheersL:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:24 pm This gig looks like so much fun - so many heavy hitters pre-registered! Oh how I wish international flights were not so expensive!

You suuure?

I mean ... it is not an international flight, if you are already in town! :D

Maybe you want to go on vacation next week? To Munich, just by accident?

And it happens, just happens, that there is a tournament in the same town ... which is also a good sales pitch for the significant other! :D
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
I really wish I could, hence me sporting my Kaiserfest shirt at Continentals last weekend. I will be wearing it again this weekend in solidarity with your humble host, and am eagerly awaiting the deck lists! :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Dukat wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:15 am
LORE wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:24 pm This gig looks like so much fun - so many heavy hitters pre-registered! Oh how I wish international flights were not so expensive!

You suuure?

I mean ... it is not an international flight, if you are already in town! :D

Maybe you want to go on vacation next week? To Munich, just by accident?

And it happens, just happens, that there is a tournament in the same town ... which is also a good sales pitch for the significant other! :D
I could cash in all my air miles and pay $121 to make this. I won't lie; it's suuuuuuuper tempting.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  

You know you want it!

Also, you and I have never met in person and it is always a pleasure to meet one of the people in the community who I only know in written form.

I think in the case of Kaiserfest, 'the more the merrier' is also sooo true!
For me it is the first time ever that I will be able to attend Kaiserfest!

So listen to Luci (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disenchan ... characters) and participate in what will surely be a formidable event!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
If you attended Kaiserfest, please remember to link your deck lists. Thank you to the few of you who have already done so. :cheersL:
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]