By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I gotta say, the all day streaming and Big Kev @Hoss-Drone commentary was some Quality Qontinentals Qontent. Best event promotion I've seen out of the CC in YEARS.

Props to all who helped make it happen! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And lest I forget... Congrats to Kris @LORE for putting on a TNG Borg CLINIC today. You definitely showed what a well tuned Borg Solver can do in the hands of an expert player. Well met, sir! :cheersL:

And finally, a shoutout to Maggie @jadziadax8 for having the balls to roll with a Hirogen Black Hole solver in today's meta. I know you didn't get the result you wanted, but hopefully you at least enjoyed playing such shenanigans!

I'm sad I couldn't be there to throw down with y'all, but this setup made it feel like I was there to a certain extent. Nice work! :cheersL:

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Good luck to the six of you preregistered for the 2E Continentals (and any others who may show up!)

My heart’s not in it for competitive trek anymore…the passion just isn’t there.
It sucks. But hey, s happens.

Live Long and Prosper!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:39 am I had a great day yesterday and am looking forward to playing today.
Good morning, fellow insomniac. :wink:

Continentals Day 3 will kick off in a little over 3 hours. Will Big Kev or Kris make it a double dose of Mega Powers to take the 2E title, or will one of the several invaders on-hand take the first place trophy back home? Tune in to find out! :cheersL:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I am watching the video from yesterday. Game 1, Matt vs Maggie at about 1 hour and 40 minutes into the video..... Maggie threw all her people at a space mission on her last turn. She ended up completing the mission after hitting Scout Encounter, QSL, and Irrational Commander. Matt downloaded a scout and a romulan, but when QSL was turned up Maggie pointed out that QSL didn't hit because matt had no card out allowing him to see AU Dilemmas.

What I didn't get was why, since this was the last turn and maggie threw her whole pile of people at that mission, was why Matt didn't just attack her attempting ship with his scout? Scout would have been blown up but her ship would have been stopped and the game would basically have been over. Isn't that the safer play (just, in general, not specific to this game. since it was the last turn)? or was there some reason not to do that? Or maybe Matt just didn't give it a thought since he thought QSL was going to hit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmnI_YR4L8&t=121s
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Continentals for 2nd Edition is underway and we have collectively “passed go and collected $200” as all but 1 player have cashed in Earned Byes. Welcome to Round 2 everyone! :wink: :cheersL:

#thanksCovid
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:01 am Is there streaming coverage today?

If so, is it at the same link as yesterday or will there be a new link?
We’ll start as soon as we can wake up @MidnightLich and get him to finish the two-factor authentication of the CC’s YouTube stream.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
We have 8 today for 2E after a handful of drop outs. Will the Frozen Chosen of Kris, Steve, Jer, and Keith turn back our 4 invaders in this Survivor Series style tournament? Tune in to find out!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:52 am I am watching the video from yesterday. Game 1, Matt vs Maggie at about 1 hour and 40 minutes into the video..... Maggie threw all her people at a space mission on her last turn. She ended up completing the mission after hitting Scout Encounter, QSL, and Irrational Commander. Matt downloaded a scout and a romulan, but when QSL was turned up Maggie pointed out that QSL didn't hit because matt had no card out allowing him to see AU Dilemmas.

What I didn't get was why, since this was the last turn and maggie threw her whole pile of people at that mission, was why Matt didn't just attack her attempting ship with his scout? Scout would have been blown up but her ship would have been stopped and the game would basically have been over. Isn't that the safer play (just, in general, not specific to this game. since it was the last turn)? or was there some reason not to do that? Or maybe Matt just didn't give it a thought since he thought QSL was going to hit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmnI_YR4L8&t=121s
I believe Matt didn't [DL] a leader to initiate with but I could be wrong. More likely he didn't fight bc he didn't think he needed to do so or forgot he could. Not sure what it was exactly
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Good morning, 'trek fans! The Tribbles results are now in the system, effectively wrapping up all of the weekend's festivities. Congrats to our 3 newly minted Continental Champions, special thanks to all the players that traveled to hang with The Frozen Chosen, and huge props to Big Kev, Maggie, and Jer for their T.D. support throughout the weekend. Until next time, folks! :cheersL: :cheersL: :cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I have arrived back home safely. Thanks again to the Minneapolis crew for hosting a great weekend of Trek.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation