By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
James didn't go into detail or mention the results of the biggest tournament of the weekend, the Losers Cup, a round robin tournament of the best players who didn't qualify for Day 2.

It was a gruelling event, to determine who was the Cream of the Crap.

Nick (me) strived to triumph with a revamped Dominion deck, with 2 wins and 1 loss (I lost to Will)
Doug was second, with his revamped Romulan deck, with 2 wins and 1 loss (he lost to me)
Danny finished third playing Bajoran combat, with 1 win (over Will)
Which means I'm afraid the Biggest Loser was Will, playing Androids.

I got a lovely trophy for winning this event. I don't know why James was hiding this trophy in his bag and didn't present it to me, forcing me to liberate it myself. And why the trophy seems to think I am a 1E European Champion... ah, well, never mind.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
RedDwarf wrote:Everyone showed up. Nick (the first alternate) and Will (the second alternate) are very disappointed.
I know the taste of that, even though I mostly am like the 13th alternative.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
two things.

1) don't ever try to visualize "the cream of the crap" or you will never again order a Latte Macchiato in your life.

2) So the Europeans somehow managed to get the World Championship to Europe. But the Americans just won the EC instead! Congrats, Tyler!!!

:cheersL: Soren :cheersR:
(I know about the slash thru the "o", but it was to complicated to get it right now ...)

By s_ramme (Soren Ramme Nielsen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Danish National Runner-Up 2015
Borgified Tribble wrote::cheersL: Soren :cheersR:
Thanks Thomas.
It was a fun tournament and I'm proud to join the exclusive club of WBA champions. It wasn't the same without you, though. Looking forward to the Biermeister at Worlds.

:cheersL:
/Soren

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
DJstormtrooper42 wrote:
s_ramme wrote: -Soren
Congrats on the 120 ratings points you picked up!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. It was a great time; see you all at worlds!
Congrats on your win. I was looking over your deck list and both your Ferengi and Maquis decks both looked very interesting and by history of the HQ, non-conventional choices. Would you mind sharing more about your decks & decisions to play them?

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Mugato wrote:Congrats on your win. I was looking over your deck list and both your Ferengi and Maquis decks both looked very interesting and by history of the HQ, non-conventional choices. Would you mind sharing more about your decks & decisions to play them?
The Ferengi deck is a speed solver with a ton of available cards to use for Reyga. Rom, Professional Soldier is his partner in crime that can put all of them under Fereginar provided you have an interrupt in hand and beneath Ferenginar. The card that transformed the deck from last year's German Nationals disaster to a viable EC one was Ulis. Combined with The Play is the Thing, Reyga will never leave the away team and can rock your opponent's dilemma pile. I would say that the loses I had with them were due to either crazy luck on the part of my opponent (Thomas) or my own inferior playing (Vlad). Perhaps on another day it could do better.

The Maquis are just awesome. The denial of resources is a cumulative nightmare for the opponent, much like Tragic Turn Klingons. The combination of all the deck's cards usually results in my opponent having no personnel in play about mid game. I only had to shuffle my dilemma pile once on day 2. Give it a try and see...

By s_ramme (Soren Ramme Nielsen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Danish National Runner-Up 2015
DJstormtrooper42 wrote:
s_ramme wrote: -Soren
Congrats on the 120 ratings points you picked up!
Thanks! Between my Biermeister tournament and my performance in the main event, I really can't complain about my weekend. You still kicked my butt twice, though. :wink:
DJstormtrooper42 wrote:Thanks to everyone for the congrats. It was a great time; see you all at worlds!
Yeah, again congrats from me. You played a good tournament. Looking forward to seeing you at worlds and maybe have another go at that Maquis deck.

/Soren

By shagg08 (Michael O'Shogay)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
DJstormtrooper42 wrote:
Mugato wrote:Congrats on your win. I was looking over your deck list and both your Ferengi and Maquis decks both looked very interesting and by history of the HQ, non-conventional choices. Would you mind sharing more about your decks & decisions to play them?
The Maquis are just awesome. The denial of resources is a cumulative nightmare for the opponent, much like Tragic Turn Klingons. The combination of all the deck's cards usually results in my opponent having no personnel in play about mid game. I only had to shuffle my dilemma pile once on day 2. Give it a try and see...
The Maquis don't get the credit they deserve in the community. Sure they have their weaknesses(Discounting Klingons and Discounting TOS) but they are a very solid affiliation.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
Is Kirk in the Maquis deck in case someone uses Secret Identity against you (so you can sub him in for free)? I think I've seen something like somewhere on these boards before, and I don't see any thing else to make use of him in the deck?

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Triumph wrote:Is Kirk in the Maquis deck in case someone uses Secret Identity against you (so you can sub him in for free)? I think I've seen something like somewhere on these boards before, and I don't see any thing else to make use of him in the deck?
Or if you suspect Caretaker's Guests, you can put him in the discard pile.

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
Borgified Tribble wrote:I know the taste of that, even though I mostly am like the 13th alternative.
I've been there.

But if King Ralph taught us anything, it's that being really far down the line needn't cause one to lose hope. :D

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.