Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

-  
Hello All,
I'm a new player of Star Trek CCG and new to this website and forum, so I hope my question doesn't sound stupid, as I have searched the rulebook and this site very carefully to find the answer to my question before writing about it here, but without luck. So here goes...
If a card allows me to download a 'Damage' card and place it on an opponents ship, could I get such a card from either my drawdeck OR my dilemma stack, or ONLY from my drawdeck?
Thanks in advance to anybody who replies to my query.
Regards,
Matt Gardiner

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
"Downloads" come from draw deck only.

You might see dilemmas that essentially do the same thing, but it's usually phrased something like "look/search through your dilemma pile".

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
Last edited by KillerB on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Hi Matt,

Firstly, welcome. Always nice to see a new player on the boards.

Secondly, don't worry. There are very few genuinely stupid questions about 2E, and the chances are your question has been asked before.

In answer to yours, if you use something like Thermokinetic Explosion to download damage cards to place on your opponent's ship, those damage cards have got to come from your draw deck, not your dilemma deck.

Hope that helps. Anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Danny

-  
Thanks Danny and John for replying to my post.

There was one other thing. I've read the rulebook obviously, and the tournament rulebook aswell. Couldn't see anything there about number of cards in a deck. I thought Touraments at least would have a mandatory deck size. Can I assume that, other than the 5 mission cards, there is no maximium limit to deck size? Could I potentially be plaing games against people with a 200 card deck, haha.

Thanks again,
Regards, Matt

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MattGardiner wrote:Thanks Danny and John for replying to my post.

There was one other thing. I've read the rulebook obviously, and the tournament rulebook aswell. Couldn't see anything there about number of cards in a deck. I thought Touraments at least would have a mandatory deck size. Can I assume that, other than the 5 mission cards, there is no maximium limit to deck size? Could I potentially be plaing games against people with a 200 card deck, haha.

Thanks again,
Regards, Matt
Yes, the polite rule of thumb ,is that you be able to shuffle the deck in a reasonable fashion without excess delay which if it hits that point the event's director may step in

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
MattGardiner wrote:Thanks Danny and John for replying to my post.

Thanks again,
Regards, Matt
The only limits are lower bounds on deck and dilemma piles. Each deck must contain:

EXACTLY 5 Missions
AT LEAST 20 Dilemmas
AT LEAST 35 Cards in the Draw Deck

Also you can't have more than 3 copies of a card title in either your draw deck or your dilemma pile.

Hope that helps!
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Matt,

First off, welcome to the boards.

Your questions seem to have been answered, but to flesh out the damage question, see cards liek Kodos the Executioner as an example.

For the deck, if you want 200 cards, you'll want to look at the online format. I know of a deck with a 400 plus card dilemma pile. There is a pretty dedicated group that plays regularly if you want to go that route.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Ross Fertel

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]