Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
So with the 2023 class now inducted, I'm wondering what affiliation/type of deck everyone considers tier 1 in HoF right now.
Treachery [Kli] took a hit by losing NPIOT but I'd say given the absence of AIOT they're still pretty good.
Same I think goes for [KCA] , even though losing Crafty Underling probably hit them a bit harder.

What do y'all think is the hot commodity in HoF in 2023?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Bajorans have never been bad in HoF, whether you're going high integrity/ honor or cunning/ Treachery, either build is solid.

TNG still has plenty of options. Lots of Enterprises still available. Plus the [TNG] / [Car] Dissident build gets a boost from Provoke Interstellar Incident getting the jacket.

Dominion is still good because nobody wants to retire brown cards for some reason. I'd probably run Contingent Refuge and an easy mission Gamma build if I were to go that way with it.

I don't disagree with your take on [Kli] , but I'm not as sold on [KCA] . It's playable, but there's a bunch of stuff in my Standard [KCA] decks that's retired in HoF, so making a top tier HoF [KCA] deck requires a little creativity.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Just some thoughts -

Bajorans - Still very playable, probably moreso for integrity based (Despite one version of Bareil not available) since they're less limited compared to Cunning based (no Covenant, no Basso) Bajoran Resistance two mission win is still very viable.

Borg - Two of Nine impacts them a bunch. Dissident Borg is still very doable. Still not as popular as other affiliations for this format.

Cardassians - New entries make this a harder group to use in HoF now, making them less likely to be used by themselves.

Dominion - One of the more accessible groups since Crom is the only limited card for them. Pretty much every aspect of Dominion are viable.

DS9 - Other than changing some of the missions involved and not using the Centaur, a fast DS9 deck is still viable thanks to the Common-related cards, otherwise it's just fine.

DS9 Earth - No change, same as before.

Ferengi - Barely hindered at all, do whatever you want with them.

Khan - Personally, I think that they have an easier time in HoF than in Standard so go ahead.

Klingon - More difficult for a Treachery build but everything else is unaffected (barring a lack of Kahmis) Plenty of options that can still be played in this format.

Maquis - Still hit hard in terms of verbs and Amaros (No Biogenic and Organized Terrorist Activities), don't see a solid Maquis solver all that often, especially in this format.

Non-Aligned - Other than a few banned personnel, there's no restrictions here so you're just fine.

Relativity - No Kirk, Lucasian Data, Revised Chakotay makes Relativity more difficult to play in HoF.

Romulans - It's more of a solver version of this affiliation but still playable, just not the more typical version of Romulans.

Starfleet - TrelliumD is a hit to the affiliation but realistically, they're still super-viable for this format. After all, Accumulated Knowledge is still super-powerful for them and there's versions of T'Pol and Archer helps make them strong.

Terok Nor - They don't really have any restrictions (other than missions) so go ahead. They're pretty strong and they still have Ruling Council, plus there's also the whole dilemma mill to the limited dilemma pool benefits.

TNG - Yes, some Enterprise-D's and a couple of personnel are limited but frankly, there's so many options available to them that I don't think that they're so far down on the HoF totem pole.

TOS - Other Kirks are available and while it's nice to have TOS Sisko, it's not enough to put them too far down. Plus, they still have super-viable two mission wins available thanks to the Enterprise-B that it's not even a concern I have.

Voyager - 5 space Voyager is still very much a thing and there's nothing stopping them from continuing to be a thing.

Michael,
who had some thoughts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think it's also worth looking at what dilemmas are out that hit particular affiliations harder than others.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Fritzinger wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:26 am Ferengi don’t have AWC, isn’t counter gain their big thing?
If you're relying on AWC for counter gain in a Ferengi deck, you're doing it wrong! :wink:
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Fritzinger wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:26 am Ferengi don’t have AWC, isn’t counter gain their big thing?
Treasured Collectibles - 7 counters, possible to play multiple times in one turn
Par Lenor + Rule 141 - 9 counters

Michael
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:23 am
If you're relying on AWC for counter gain in a Ferengi deck, you're doing it wrong! :wink:
I dunno, that was Nat Kirton’s thing, I’m just a filthy net decker but he seemed to do ok with his frosted loops thing.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Fritzinger wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:22 am
Armus wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:23 am
I dunno, that was Nat Kirton’s thing, I’m just a filthy net decker but he seemed to do ok with his frosted loops thing.
Nah, the Treasured Collectibles thing is much better for Ferengi. I think Ferengi and Bajorans are the better bets in HoF now.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]