Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hey guys,

What do you think of the Bajoran Resistance team? To power their abilities (on the likes of Furel, Surmak Ren, Orta) they can either a) lose 5 points, or b) if you've got the Te'nari in play, destroy an Assault event (like the new Recruitment Tactics or a Hand Weapon (like the new Resistance Rifle. Is this something you see yourself liking? Using? Or is it just too derivative of the Equinox?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

-crp

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
MidnightLich wrote:Surmak Ren, Orta
Who? I'll let you know when these guys have been spoiled (as it only works with one person at the moment). :wink:

That aside, I think alternative costings for abilities and effects is something I could see myself using, and liking, providing it remains thematic; reasons why the Resistance and Equinox peeps have it can easily be argued and justified. Reasons why TNG or the Romulans could need it? Not so easily justified.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Naetor wrote:Having seen the set, I am quite excited about this new "team". Lots of cool options. Now I just need to figure out a way for Arena to hit more consistently.
I was thinking about A Living Death or The Clown: Bitter Medicine. In the end it may be a good card to have one or two of to throw at the end of a combo. If it hits, you can get 15, 30 or maybe even 45 points if you have JLOT ready to go since you only need a couple people to win a fight.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mugato wrote:
Naetor wrote:Having seen the set, I am quite excited about this new "team". Lots of cool options. Now I just need to figure out a way for Arena to hit more consistently.
I was thinking about A Living Death or The Clown: Bitter Medicine. In the end it may be a good card to have one or two of to throw at the end of a combo. If it hits, you can get 15, 30 or maybe even 45 points if you have JLOT ready to go since you only need a couple people to win a fight.
Both good ideas. I was even thinking about dropping down 4-cost Khan. My secret tech is Kurn + 3x Bat'leths. Shh!

By ntimmons (Neil Timmons)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Naetor wrote:
Both good ideas. I was even thinking about dropping down 4-cost Khan. My secret tech is Kurn + 3x Bat'leths. Shh!
Except that Kurn isn't bajoran resistance.. heh.. it's so secret it doesn't even work :-)

n!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Except as teh 2nd personnel to win the fight with the B.Re. personnel.

By pschrader
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E American National Runner-Up 2023
ntimmons wrote:
Naetor wrote:
Except that Kurn isn't bajoran resistance.. heh.. it's so secret it doesn't even work :-)

n!
He may not be a Baj. Res. personnel, but he is a Klingon, which would entitle you to three discards from your opponent's hand and, if you return him, a kill.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
prylardurden wrote:Except as teh 2nd personnel to win the fight with the B.Re. personnel.
Yep! JLOT just says "involving your Bajoran Resistance personnel". So Lupaza + Kurn + 3 Bat'leths = 15 points, a person of my choice killed, and 3 random discards from hand.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Mugato wrote:
I built a deck like this a long time ago. Another good set of dilemmas to use is Exalbian Drama and Fesarius Bluff

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ZodoJats wrote:They've got a lot of nice utility stuff so far, I hope Orta's more of a heavy-hitter. It's a shame the best new lose 5 points ability for the Bajorans - on Opaka - doesn't work with the ship.
Not a fan of Surmak? Covenant, Natural Instincts, Ties of Blood and Water, and Bridge Officer's Test: all great options.

By ZodoJats
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Naetor wrote:
ZodoJats wrote:They've got a lot of nice utility stuff so far, I hope Orta's more of a heavy-hitter. It's a shame the best new lose 5 points ability for the Bajorans - on Opaka - doesn't work with the ship.
Not a fan of Surmak? Covenant, Natural Instincts, Ties of Blood and Water, and Bridge Officer's Test: all great options.
Oh, he's definitely nice. Cheap, good ability, fine stats. And he makes the deck gel better for sure. But he doesn't do much if you already have your Natural Instincts or BOT. At the moment it seems like the Resistance deck can 'mobilize' really well, and get all their guys out and get them back and pull all your tricks out. But I'm still waiting for the guy who becomes the 'pillar' of the deck. Even if there were no more BR cards it is going to be a nice deck, but at the moment everyone seems like supporting cast - who's the star? Where's my Morgan Freeman of the Bajoran Resistance?

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Love the picture on Surmak. It looks as though he is always facing a dilemma. :thumbsup:

By Helmp
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
To answer your question Charlie; I think the new team is a great team. It might look a lot like Equinox but I think the design team did a great job giving it a unique feel. I played around some with the cards revealed untill now and I am impressed. I really like hand weapons being used again too, not just for Rogue Borg Ambush/Kressari.

About a heavy hitter, I think the ship is the key card. I would have liked to see an extra range though, but the Baj got Hidden Fighter now, so we'll see.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]