Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 317 posts

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Changing the update link from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lacke ... telist.txt to http://lackeyccg-startrek2e.googlecode. ... telist.txt seems to have fixed my image downloading problem. However, if I do that I'm missing a few expansions.

When I swap back to the other update link, I get an up to date card list but can not longer download new images again and there is a possibly unrelated bug where the card Improved Scenery *VAP has no text or image and says its card type is 0APO13 instead of Interrupt.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Nava wrote:2.1
-----

NEW
  • A Time to Stand added
CHANGES
  • Included latest Errata
  • Updated VP cards
  • Cleaned up text, information and/or images for many cards
  • Changed title for Joaquin Superhuman Lieutenant, Winn Adami Renegade Priest, Yteppa Obsidian Order Asset, Historical Curiosity, and Invasive Transporters
The automatic updates should work this time, in case of problems please go to 'Plugins:' select startrek2e and enter as an update URL.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lacke ... telist.txt

Please report all errors and omissions, especially if everything works fine while using the automatic update!

Nava

P.S. It took a while but I hope that we rectified most of the errors all of you reported!
It did use the link, but the latest cards are not from A Time To Stand, but way back.

I can't even find the new cards using the deck editor.

They do not seem to be there.

By Captain Parrish (Bruce Parrish)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I can see the advantages of being able to play online , but after playing in the current online event I would haveto say this is something I would never do again, from the different variations of random selections to what you haveto reveal and don't haveto reveal as far as personnel go this is not something I would ever want to be a part of again. I would haveto say someone new to the environment would find it equally frustrating especially as an experienced 1e player. Nothing beats your opponent shuffling their personnel and allowing you to pick from them there is something in that interaction that does it for me that a computer program can't replace.
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I will toss this question up here. I don't know how I did it, but I was doing some test draws with my new deck and somehow I made it so the cards in my hand, crews, etc all overlap a bit. Does anyone know how I did this and how to change it back? I tried closing and reopening lackey and that didn't do it and changing the plugin didnt help either.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Nava wrote:2.2
-----

NEW
  • Hard Time added
CHANGES
  • Included latest Errata
  • Updated VP cards
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for the update! I have an error upon downloading images though. When I download card images, every other message is "error downloading plugin/startrek2e/sets/setimages/general/vp.jpg." and then the download process stops. I'm gonna try messing around with the files to see if its a bug due to a relic line/file from an older version.

Also some of my decks seem to be randomly missing cards (along with the mission RCS missing instead of just being replaced with A5A). Is there any way to easily find out what's missing?

Edit: Even after deleting and replacing the Physical and Virtual .txts it is still looking for and not finding a VP.jpg, and one of the two Alpha 5 Approachs (IDR set) still won't load up or download an image.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Actually sorting by set, none of the *VP, *AP, or IDR cards are downloading or loading images.

http://imgur.com/a/ZGn6y

Edit: Can you please take a look at this and try to solve it by the 18th? It would suck if I had to play the tournament with a bunch of cards being blank other than their names. It looks like all the card info on these is one column to the right of where they should be which is breaking all of them...

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote:Actually sorting by set, none of the *VP, *AP, or IDR cards are downloading or loading images.

http://imgur.com/a/ZGn6y

Edit: Can you please take a look at this and try to solve it by the 18th? It would suck if I had to play the tournament with a bunch of cards being blank other than their names. It looks like all the card info on these is one column to the right of where they should be which is breaking all of them...
I just looked into that problem and found two things:
I can download all of the images, but one of the files describing the different cards contained a formatting error which *might* have caused problems with some of the VP cards. I just issued a new update to fix that problem so please try again and check if the image downloads are now fully functional.

Thanks for your patience, Nava

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
No, nothing has really changed. This is on a 100% fresh install using https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lacke ... telist.txt as my plugin address too... :(

Edit: Yeah, even after I deleted the entire lackey folder, downloaded a new copy of Lackey, updated it, and then used the address given it still has the same errors.

Again, looking at the list it seems to have taken *VP from the card name and put it into the set box, then it shifted everything over to compensate - meaning there is no room for card text among other things. And while missing images sucks, not even having card text on cards is worse.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote:No, nothing has really changed. This is on a 100% fresh install using https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lacke ... telist.txt as my plugin address too... :(

Edit: Yeah, even after I deleted the entire lackey folder, downloaded a new copy of Lackey, updated it, and then used the address given it still has the same errors.

Again, looking at the list it seems to have taken *VP from the card name and put it into the set box, then it shifted everything over to compensate - meaning there is no room for card text among other things. And while missing images sucks, not even having card text on cards is worse.
Arggh, git ate part of my update - or I'm too dumb to git... please try again!

Nava

P.S. Thanks for bringing this mess to my attention!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That fixed everything! You're the best Nava. ;p

Edit: The IDR set cards still don't download images, but at least their card text is all fine.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Gorgo Primus wrote:That fixed everything! You're the best Nava. ;p

Edit: The IDR set cards still don't download images, but at least their card text is all fine.
Those should be available for download in a few minutes... :cheersL:
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0