Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 317 posts

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hello everyone,

Some of you probably have already used the 1E version LackeyCCG by now, but for those who do not, Lackey is a program to play a large variety of cards games online, using different so called plugins. And after our success with the 1E plugin and a successful 2E alpha we have now created a new public version for 2E.

The 2E plugin is available through the automatic update feature in Lackey, you only need to enter the URL to the updatescript (see below), and it will automatically update the current plugin , or download the plugin from scratch, if you don't have the pluin installed since before. You can skip to download all missing images if you like after you have re-started lackey after the initial update run, then lackey will fetch each card when you attempt to show them, but if you do want to download everything, you need to select "Download all missing card images" after lackey have been restarted (either you had an ok plugin before or not).

Here are the addresses you need:

LackeyCCG:
http://www.lackeyccg.com/

Star Trek 2E Plugin repository at github:
https://github.com/eberlems/startrek2e/tree/playable

Update from URL:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eberl ... telist.txt
Edited by eberlems

former ones:
Star Trek 2E Plugin repository at github:
https://github.com/lackeyccg-stccg/startrek2e

Update from URL:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lacke ... telist.txt

Quick Install Guide
You have a plugin called StarTrek2E installed and working already, or don't mind Lackey downloading everything automatically for you.
  1. Open Lackey
  2. Go to tab "Preferences"
  3. Under "AutoUpdate", enter the address to "updatelist.txt" from above, where it says "Update from URL", and click the button to start update check and download.
  4. Restart Lackey.
  5. Go to "Preference" tab again, click on the button "Download all missing card images". (optional, if you want all pictures downloaded locally).
  6. Wait until Lackey says "You are done looking for all missing card images" (which might take a few hours if you need to download everything).
  7. Done!
Quick Play Guide
You can find a quick wiki guide about actually using Lackey Star Trek 2E at the Developer site:
https://github.com/lackeyccg-stccg/star ... k2e-plugin

Next release
Next release does not have a planned release date at this time. It will include some planned minor fixes; there are still a few known minor errors and/or improvements in the cards database, some card images that could use a little better quality, and a few other non-essential things like that. If you find any problem with the current release, either minor or major, please report this in this topic, or report the issue in the issue tracker.

Feedback
Please remember that this plugin is beta and will suffer from omissions, errors and such like. If you have any questions, or if you cant get it to work, just ask me here, PM me, or send an email to: nekrit.nava ( at ) gmail.com.
Also, improvement suggestions, missing cards, bugs, etc, just ask me, and I'll try to answer as soon as I can. For Lackey problems, visit http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/.

Change history

First beta release for public. Features:
- All sets and errata as of 03-18-11 integrated
- Virtual starters included
- Selecting boosters and starters for sealed games enabled

Second beta release:
- Changed visibility for Discard Pile (thanks MidnightLich)
- Changed problem with visibility of dilemmas put under your Dilemma pile (thanks Jerad)

Third beta release (05-09-11):
- Added VP87 • Surprise Party

Forth beta release: (05-21-11)
- Added images for AP013-AP06 (thanks eberlems)
- Corrected images for 01094-01193, 01208, 01314 (thanks jarred)
- Added commands for "Consume" and "Discard top from deck"
- Corrected error on "Transport Crash Survivors"

Fifth beta release: (06-07-11)
- Added June 2011 errata.

Sixth beta release (07-06-11)
- Added July 2011 errata
- Corrected image error on Sean Hawkins (thanks eberlems)
- Button of Dilemmas not visible to owner anymore (thanks eberlems)

Seventh beta release (08-09-11)
- Added Tacking in the Wind cards (thank you Servius1983!!!)
- Added the errata for Kira Nerys Ih'valla
- Corrected image error on Tampering with Time (thanks eberlems)
- Moved plugin to a new plugininfo.txt format (again)
- Corrected naming scheme in EM set to make card names consistent

Eighth (and hopefully last) beta release (10-31-11)
- Added version control
- Added the possibility to delete outdated files automatically
- Added a set of canned messages
- Changed image file for Elim Garak - Federation Agent (AP016)
- Added The Pendari Champion, so that all players in the League event can use that card.

Ninth (and really hopefully last) beta release (12-25-11)
- Added all Unity cards
- Corrected image for Bareil Antos Esteemed Vedek (1R208)
- Corrected image for Damar Loyal Glinn (1U231)
- Corrected image for Nu'Daq Tenacious Rival (1R314)
- Corrected image for I.K.S. Rotarran Ship of Tears (1R402)
- Corrected image for Enemy in your Midst (3C043)
- Corrected image for Changeling Sabotage (3C040)
- Corrected image for Preservation Drone (3C135)
- Corrected image for Quark Resistance Informant (3R182)
- Corrected image for Jean-Luc Picard Vintner (6P049)
- Corrected image for Arridor Great Sage (7R070)
- Corrected image for Brunt FCA Liquidator (7R074)
- Corrected image for Lurin Renegade Daimon (7R083)
- Corrected image for Rom Younger Brother (7R090)

Nava

I have to thank all the folks at the CC for supporting us, all my co-contributors and our beta-testers (esp. TheMadVulcan) and especially scox for doing his work on 1E, coordinating our groups and letting me shamelessly copy guides e.a.!
Last edited by Nava on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:14 am, edited 8 times in total.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi all,

the Lackey plugin for Second Edition (beta version) has just been updated; I have to thank all those players providing me with feedback (e.g. Jerad, MidnightLich, TheMadVulcan).

Changes in beta 2:
- Changed visibility for Discard Pile (thanks MidnightLich)
- Changed problem with visibility of dilemmas put under your Dilemma Pile (thanks Jerad)
- Changed some card errors

Update from URL:
Code: Select all
http://lackeyccg-startrek2e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/startrek2e/updatelist.txt
Report errors to:
http://code.google.com/p/lackeyccg-startrek2e/issues/list
or contact me per PM.

Nava

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Triumph wrote:How do I download / install the update?
It is as simple as installing the plugin; for an update simply
  • Open Lackey and switch to the preference tab
  • Enter the Update URL in the field at AutoUpdate (Update from URL ;
    The URL for the Update is
    http://lackeyccg-startrek2e.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/startrek2e/updatelist.txt
    )
  • After that click on Update fromURL - the update should start now.
  • You'll see messages like
    There is a newer version of plugins/startrek2e/plugininfo.txt
    --->Downloading startrek2e update from 04-22-11.
    Download success plugins/startrek2e/plugininfo.txt from ....
    Autoupdate process completed successfully.
  • After the last message restart Lackey and you're done!
Thanks, Nava

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi all,

I'm at the moment reviewing the different commands, zones and functions available in the 2E Lackey plugin. So my question to all users is:

Do you miss a function or do you want something to be included/excluded from the plugin? Suggestions so far include a command to discard a card from the top of your deck and a command to handle the consume dilemmas.

Anything you want to have changed? Reply or pm me.

Nava

By Brak_ (Chris O'Connell)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, uh, I installed lackey tonight to try it out.  Norton Internet Security went off after I downloaded it.  It removed 1e-lackskillz.exe under the 1E plugin directory.  Cited it as Suspicious.MH690.A - http://securityresponse.symantec.com/se ... &vid=23932

Don't know if you've seen that before.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Brak_ wrote:So, uh, I installed lackey tonight to try it out.  Norton Internet Security went off after I downloaded it.  It removed 1e-lackskillz.exe under the 1E plugin directory.  Cited it as Suspicious.MH690.A - http://securityresponse.symantec.com/se ... &vid=23932

Don't know if you've seen that before.
OK confirmed - it seems that the 1E deck checking tool provided by Timo is causing that effect. I checked it with others and could not detect any viruses/malware and I would also guarantee for Timos work not being harmful :)

If you don't want to use it (e.g you are. not into 1E), you can simply delete it - but I will inform Timo.

Thanks,  Nava

P.S: June errata is integrated in the last release!

By waso
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey thanks for all this info!!! It's great! I had mentioned to Jerad on Saturday that I couldn't get Lackey to work and he found out it was an issue with some Windows transliteration bilingual modifier chip or something like that. Okay I'm kidding but it did have something to do with Windows text security or some crud. Anyway it's working now.
Again, thanks for all the links. I'm pumped to try this out!
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Lackey question for the masters...

I've got Ishka and Rule #6, and a bunch of scrubs out. I want to look at the top card of my deck, potentially swap it with one under my Ferenginar, then draw a card, and repeat 4-5 times each turn.

Is there a reasonably quick way to do this in Lackey?

Should I use an empty pile? Should I use the "Reveal > Top > 1 > to Owner" command each time?

And why is Brunt's image 3/4 size? :) Is it just me?

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote:Lackey question for the masters...

I've got Ishka and Rule #6, and a bunch of scrubs out. I want to look at the top card of my deck, potentially swap it with one under my Ferenginar, then draw a card, and repeat 4-5 times each turn.

Is there a reasonably quick way to do this in Lackey?

Should I use an empty pile? Should I use the "Reveal > Top > 1 > to Owner" command each time?

And why is Brunt's image 3/4 size? :) Is it just me?
I'm not even close to an expert, but I'd probably put the cards under ferenginar in the crew #4 pile. Then reveal > to owner> all. This makes it easy to see whats under ferenginar real quick. As for checking the top card of your deck, I'm not sure of a faster way than the way you mentioned.

By waso
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have noooooo idea how to add/create decks. I can add cards at one time and then another I have to exit the screen I'm on then go back and it then populates the cards I want to add.
After I create a deck, where do I go to actually play in a Tournament or with someone Online? Is it possible to play the computer at 2E as well?

Also, is there a way to filter out personnel, events, etc?

When I try and upload a deck, I always get an error. Fun.

Thanks!

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
waso wrote:I have noooooo idea how to add/create decks.
There is a tab called Deck Editor, you can change create decks there.
To save the deck you click on the save deck button (make sure you name the deck first.

[qutoe]
After I create a deck, where do I go to actually play in a Tournament or with someone Online? Is it possible to play the computer at 2E as well?
You need to go to the server tab, and click on find server and connect.
Then you can host a game, or join your friends game.
Also, is there a way to filter out personnel, events, etc?
The filters are on the bottom left hand side of the screen.
When I try and upload a deck, I always get an error. Fun.
Are you uploading them in the right format? If you used the trekcc deckbuilder, Lackey doesn't understand that type of decklist. But you can use the new converter program to change a deck that you built on the trekcc deckbuilder to a format that lakcey will understand.link
When saving the deck, make sure to save it in the lackey --> plugins-->startrek 2e -->decks folder.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Because this came up in the chat a couple of days ago:

Q: How do I load a deck to me and a second deck to the Test Dummy in the solitaire mode (for testing decks and draws)?

A: You can always determine in the game window to whom a deck is loaded. Before loading a deck switch to the Game tab. On the left hand side you'll find player icons (e.g. Datas Head as Test Dummy) and stats like the points of each player. With a click click on the player icon you can switch between players. Click on your icon, go to the Deck Editor and load a deck to you. The go to the Game tab click on the Test Dummy Icon and load a deck to the Test Dummy afterwards...

Nava
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation