Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 317 posts

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Triumph wrote:I am currently trying to connect to the Lackey server, and each time I do, it says my "connection to the server seems to have been severed." And I can't connect. Help??? I went to preferences, and selected the 2E plugin,and asked it update, and it says I have the latest plugin. I tried exiting and reopening Lackey, and that didn't help either.
Have you tried running the Lackey updater itself? The latest build is April 11.
Second Edition Creative Manager
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 - Second Edition Creative Manager
 -  
Adventurer
nobthehobbit wrote:
Triumph wrote:I am currently trying to connect to the Lackey server, and each time I do, it says my "connection to the server seems to have been severed." And I can't connect. Help??? I went to preferences, and selected the 2E plugin,and asked it update, and it says I have the latest plugin. I tried exiting and reopening Lackey, and that didn't help either.
Well, that would be the problem.

What is the Lacky Updater? What I have done so far is go to Preferences choose the 2E plugin, click Install or Update this Plugin, and it says I have an update from 29 March. How do I get this latest version?

-  
Triumph wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:
Well, that would be the problem.

What is the Lacky Updater? What I have done so far is go to Preferences choose the 2E plugin, click Install or Update this Plugin, and it says I have an update from 29 March. How do I get this latest version?
Go into the folder where you installed Lackey and run LackeyCCG Updater.exe.

Hopefully that will work.
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
nobthehobbit wrote:Go into the folder where you installed Lackey and run LackeyCCG Updater.exe.

Alas, it doesn't...because I have a Mac. And I don't see LackeyCCG Updater of any file suffix in my Lackey folder.

-  
Triumph wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:Go into the folder where you installed Lackey and run LackeyCCG Updater.exe.

Alas, it doesn't...because I have a Mac. And I don't see LackeyCCG Updater of any file suffix in my Lackey folder.
Hm.

The other method the developer suggests is to download the latest release, extract only the main executable from the archive (a .app file for a Mac, I believe) and copy that into your Lackey folder, overwriting the old one. That will (according to him) preserve all your settings, plugins, etc and give you the latest release.

Out of curiosity, what executables do you see in your Lackey folder?
By Triumph (Jonathan)
 -  
Adventurer
I just did what you say above - download Lackey and drag only the application itself into my existing folder. This replaced the old version and now it works fine. Yay!

Thanks for the advice!

Re: your curiosity: "LackeyCCG" is the sole application / executable file in my Lackey folder.

-  
Triumph wrote:I just did what you say above - download Lackey and drag only the application itself into my existing folder. This replaced the old version and now it works fine. Yay!

Thanks for the advice!

Re: your curiosity: "LackeyCCG" is the sole application / executable file in my Lackey folder.
Was there an updater in the archive?

-  
Triumph wrote:Nope. I checked the individual folders, but I couldn't find an "updater" anywhere.
Hmm, asked on Lackey's forum.
Trevor wrote:There was an updater for mac but it stopped working and I haven't bothered to figure it out. Until then, mac users just get the new .app from the downloads section.

When working, it works better than the windows updater.
Apparently it's been broken for almost a year.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
DJstormtrooper wrote:Has anyone has problems connecting the Lackey server the last few days? Is anyone else seeing that the LackeyCCG site appears to have been replaced by a chick wearing a backpack?
I contacted the programmer to get details - will post as soon as I know more...
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Nava wrote:
DJstormtrooper wrote:Has anyone has problems connecting the Lackey server the last few days? Is anyone else seeing that the LackeyCCG site appears to have been replaced by a chick wearing a backpack?
According to the public Whois database, the domain name - lackeyccg.com - expired on May 18th which is why Tyler is seeing the lady (a common parked page for Enom-registered domain names) As the domain name is no longer going to where it was going to previously, there's no way to connect to the server until the domain name is renewed.

Michael,
not a programmer, just a knower of stuff

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nava wrote:
Thanks. Please let us (me) know. I had to delay a round of our online tournament. I'm hoping it's back up this week.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]