Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
DUAL (3) Dressing Down
Randomly seclect three personnel. If the cost of any of those personnel is 1, all three are stopped.

DUAL (3) Curt Reprimand
Randomly select three personnel. If the cost of any of those personnel is 1 or less, all three are stopped. Otherwise, randomly select one of those personnel to be stopped.

Now I only see advantages on Curt Reprimand in comparison to Dressing Down so one of these two has to be costed wrong. As there are cards available that are similar to Curt Reprimand but have a slightly harder requirement (like Moral Choice) and they cost 2 I think Dressing Down should be re-costed as well. Especually as the very similar Chula: Echoes only costs 1 (but I remember I read that this card was under-costed).
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
JaglomShrek wrote:DUAL (3) Dressing Down
Randomly seclect three personnel. If the cost of any of those personnel is 1, all three are stopped.

DUAL (3) Curt Reprimand
Randomly select three personnel. If the cost of any of those personnel is 1 or less, all three are stopped. Otherwise, randomly select one of those personnel to be stopped.

Now I only see advantages on Curt Reprimand in comparison to Dressing Down so one of these two has to be costed wrong. As there are cards available that are similar to Curt Reprimand but have a slightly harder requirement (like Moral Choice) and they cost 2 I think Dressing Down should be re-costed as well. Especually as the very similar Chula: Echoes only costs 1 (but I remember I read that this card was under-costed).
Brad commented on this as being a matter of cost did not take fractions into account. It was indeed brought up during playtesting. Both are costed right, but Dressing Down is a "low" 3 while Curt Reprimand is a "high" 3.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Brad commented on this as being a matter of cost did not take fractions into account. It was indeed brought up during playtesting. Both are costed right, but Dressing Down is a "low" 3 while Curt Reprimand is a "high" 3.
So what is this magical formula for pricing dilemmas anyway?

There are always clever and creative ways to cover "fractions".

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Guardian wrote:Brad commented on this as being a matter of cost did not take fractions into account. It was indeed brought up during playtesting. Both are costed right, but Dressing Down is a "low" 3 while Curt Reprimand is a "high" 3.
Well, but Curt Reprimand does not only have the exact same effect but also an additional effect for the same cost. To use Dressing Down would be absolutely stupdid under normal conditions. Only exception I see is when using both to counter Krim, Ahh... or Adapt etc.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I brought this up at our regional and we had a short discussion about it. The consensus was that we don't mind this direct upgrade of Dressing down (the link to which isn't at all hidden behind the shared concept behind the story of Dressing Down, and Curt Reprimand... junior officiers being put in their place). I believe that when Dressing Down was designed the frequency of 0-cost personnel was not anticipated and Curt Reprimand addresses this. The concept of Dressing Down is a good one and should remain in the game, but as it is currently written/costed is a little too weak to see much play; Curt Reprimand addresses this also. Generally I'm against this type of direct power escalation, but in this case I see it more as "updating" an important/relevant idea.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
At least we know which card to paste the print out of curt reprimand to :P

I do think that this situation should be avoided in the future virtual cards. Making a card unarguably better than another is just bad form.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
JaglomShrek wrote:
The Guardian wrote:Brad commented on this as being a matter of cost did not take fractions into account. It was indeed brought up during playtesting. Both are costed right, but Dressing Down is a "low" 3 while Curt Reprimand is a "high" 3.
Well, but Curt Reprimand does not only have the exact same effect but also an additional effect for the same cost. To use Dressing Down would be absolutely stupdid under normal conditions. Only exception I see is when using both to counter Krim, Ahh... or Adapt etc.
You can run 3 of each :-)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
There's a slight difference... I can hope that Mot (The Barber), Rachel Garrett (Displaced Captain), and Tuvix (Symbiogenesis) are chosen for Dressing Down and pass the dilemma - but not if Curt Reprimand is played. :lol:

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:This isn't the first time this has happened; compare Eye to Eye with Old Differences, for example. (Or with Instigate Dissention, actually.)
Good points. I didn't actually think about the fact that if you have 2 HQ's Instigate Disention stops two and doesn't even go under the mission. (plus all that other stuff = ouch)
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

You can also click on the tournament results and t[…]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]