Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sascha Kiefer wrote: 5. You cant play 3 copies of Rule of Acquisition#33 while facing the same dilemma?
I am 99% sure the answer to this is that you absolutely can, but each skill you replace gets another 3 Acquisition and those stack. So if you needed 2 Transporters and 1 Engineer and you use one on each requirement, you need to have 6 Acquisition now. At least that was the last answer I recall getting.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
7. When i exchange the rule#141 benath Ferenginar with the rule#16, what happen with the cards on the rule#16?

8. If Kieran MacDuff is on a ship at an opponents mission and I use his ability,according to: ''When randomly selecting a personnel to be stopped with Kieran MacDuff's ability, you should include all unstopped personnel at the mission in the random selection. This includes Kieran MacDuff and your other unstopped personnel at the mission, your opponent's unstopped personnel attempting the mission, and your opponent's unstopped personnel not attempting the mission (if any.)'' -he would be a target too for such a selection?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Sascha Kiefer wrote:7. When i exchange the rule#141 benath Ferenginar with the rule#16, what happen with the cards on the rule#16?
The cards on R#16 hit the discard pile. (If you're not told where to put cards when a card in a core is destroyed/leaves play, they hit the bin.)

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Sascha Kiefer wrote:8. If Kieran MacDuff is on a ship at an opponents mission and I use his ability,according to: ''When randomly selecting a personnel to be stopped with Kieran MacDuff's ability, you should include all unstopped personnel at the mission in the random selection. This includes Kieran MacDuff and your other unstopped personnel at the mission, your opponent's unstopped personnel attempting the mission, and your opponent's unstopped personnel not attempting the mission (if any.)'' -he would be a target too for such a selection?
I guess, although that sounds like nonsense. I don't know why MacDuff doesn't read "When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to randomly select a personnel present with that personnel to be stopped."

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Danny wrote:I guess, although that sounds like nonsense. I don't know why MacDuff doesn't read "When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by a dilemma, you may discard a card from hand to randomly select a personnel present with that personnel to be stopped."
It's an older card, and we've streamlined the conventioning a bit. I would probably suggest the following for a rewrite: "When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by a dilemma, you may discard a card to randomly select another personnel involved in that mission attempt to be stopped."

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Again thx for the quick response :D :thumbsup:
t's an older card, and we've streamlined the conventioning a bit. I would probably suggest the following for a rewrite: "When an opponent's personnel at this mission is stopped by a dilemma, you may discard a card to randomly select another personnel involved in that mission attempt to be stopped." :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-  
I’m new to the game and enjoying an infiltration deck. If my infiltrator is aboard an enemy ship (e.g. via Anything or Anyone), I assume I cannot beam him back, right?

Related question: if I play Bashir Founder for an additional +2 cost, I assume he does not count as an infiltrator(as my infiltrator I mean) for cards of mine that ask for an infiltrator present?
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
Johannes Blank wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:06 am I’m new to the game and enjoying an infiltration deck. If my infiltrator is aboard an enemy ship (e.g. via Anything or Anyone), I assume I cannot beam him back, right?

Related question: if I play Bashir Founder for an additional +2 cost, I assume he does not count as an infiltrator(as my infiltrator I mean) for cards of mine that ask for an infiltrator present?
Correct on both counts, and welcome!
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
You can't use the transporters to get on an opponent's ship or off. E.g. Breached, Enemy in Your Midst and Dimensional Shifting allow you to move personnel from an opponent's ship.
Infiltrator Keyword only counts for your cards only on cards you control. Bashir Founder is controlled by your opponent, so his Infiltrator keyword doesn't count for you.

-  
Thanks for the answers.

I stumbled upon further rules or rather cards unclear to me.

With something like The Dominion will Prevail, is it correct that the oppoentn chooses the mission? I suppose the wording would need to be as in Ja’chuq otherwise.

And then The Tides of Fortune…I’m bot even sure what to ask, I don’t understand how the card works. Is it any good, gameplay-wise?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Johannes Blank wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:53 am With something like The Dominion will Prevail, is it correct that the oppoentn chooses the mission? I suppose the wording would need to be as in Ja’chuq otherwise.
In the general sense, the player who gets to make the choice is the player who is doing the thing. The Dominion Will Prevail tells your opponent to put the dilemmas beneath a mission, so the opponent is the one who chooses. Ja'chuq gets around that by only giving your opponent one option, the mission you chose.
Johannes Blank wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:53 amAnd then The Tides of Fortune…I’m bot even sure what to ask, I don’t understand how the card works. Is it any good, gameplay-wise?
It's a really weird card! You would play The Tides of Fortune during an opponent's mission attempt, when they flip over a space dilemma. Your Romulans "helpfully" step in an face that dilemma for the opponent, and in exchange you get 10 points.

Of course, Romulans like to manipulate the situation, so you want to choose the dilemma you face carefully. Here are some good choices:

Pattern Loss - It gets placed on the mission no matter who faced it, so you didn't really help the opponent and still get your 10 points.
One Step Ahead - If you know you can meet the requirements and have a Security personnel, you could end up with 15 points.
The Nth Degree - Fail the requirements on purpose and you get to add Science to the mission requirements.

As for whether The Tides of Fortune is good... it depends on why you want to use it. It can create some cool moments and interesting combos. But it's definitely an "I'm here to have fun" card, not an "I'm here to win" card.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
In the area of convoluted card interactions, when using Imperial Entanglements, if I have The Tides of Fortune in hand, I might try to avoid choices for my crew that have Astrometrics or Navigation, so I can possibly face Debris Field (which I stock for just such an occasion). Only costs 1, doesn't cause much harm, and returns to the dilemma pile, all for 10 points. Console Overload also works, but has more variables.

-  
Thanks for the answers, at some point I might try Tides of Fortune (although for now, only playing with ‘traditional’ catdpool, until I find out how to print cards in the same stock and quality as the printed ones)

Are there multiplayer rules or variants that can be recommended? In Magic The Gathering, I enjoyed Commander (a multiplayer variant) by far the most, but in ST CCG, the massive downtime seems to make that, well, not very fun.
Question for noob

It allows that personnel to mix. So if you play Fe[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]