Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Welcome to the Second Edition Gameplay Forum. In this forum, players from all around the world post to discuss strategy, speculate on the new virtual expansions, and seek answers to their questions.

If you have a question about a Second Edition card or rule, this thread will help you find the answers that you're looking for. If you're looking for help with a First Edition question, you'll need to visit our Gameplay (1E) Forum.

Finding Answers to Rules Questions
If you're trying to find out the answers to a question about a card or a ruling, here are the places you can look for the information you seek:

1. Use the Rules Tool
When rulings are issued regarding specific cards or card groups, they are entered into our Rules database here and will appear on the card lists. If a card has a ruling, it will appear beside the card image under the heading Related Rulings. However, please bear in mind that the rulings in this system are unofficial and merely reflect how the Rules Committee would rule were it present at your event. Your Tournament Director will still have final say on interpreting the Current Rulings Document and the Rulebook. Which leads us to:

2. Check the Current Rulings Document.
The Current Rulings Document, or CRD, is the collection of rules changes issued since the last revision of the rulebook. It is linked from the right-hand column of the front page. The CRD is updated on the First Monday of every month, as needed.

3. Check the Rulebook.
The rulebook provides the skeleton and essential rules to Second Edition game play. It is in this document where most game terms are defined, game concepts are explained, and most general rules questions can be answered.

4. Search the forums.
The Continuing Committee's forum software has a powerful search function than can help you find previous threads about your question. Try searching for the card title you're asking about, or some of the game concepts involved in your question (download, overcome, etc.)

5. Post your question.
If you haven't been able to find the answer to your question in an existing resource, you can start a new thread on the topic. We have a lot of knowledgeable and experienced players that regularly visit these forums and post, so there's a good chance someone will be able to answer your question.

The Rules Staff
Second Edition rules are maintained by the Rules Committee, made up of experienced players and judges from across the world. We do not reveal the identity of the members of the Rules Committee in order to protect their anonymity and to ensure their effectiveness and impartiality.

Rules Master
The leader of the Rules Committee is the Rules Master; for Second Edition, this is Tyler Fultz (DJstormtrooper). The Rules Master's job is to maintain the rules documentation and guide the Rules Committee's discussions on current issues. Posts by the Rules Masters are not official rulings unless explicitly marked as such (i.e. an emergency ruling.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Tyler,

when a personnel gain a skill, the skill was add at the end of the skill list right?
But when a personnel has this skill already (s.a. Melora Pazlar gains Astrometrics with her ability), where is the skill added? (important to Accelerated Aging)

Thank you, Oliver.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Sascha Kiefer wrote:Cant find it on the bord,not 100 percent shure about the correct ruling here: Do stopped personnel count if Krugewants to capture your ship,are they "involved in the engagement"?

Is Duras-son of a traitor kill ability opponents choice ?
All your personnel become unstopped at the end of your turn. If your opponent attacks you during your turn only your opponent's personnel are stopped at the end of the combat/engagement, yours are not. So in a nutshell, if you still have three bodies left on your ship, you are safe.

The player that owns Duras, Son of a Traitor gets to choose the opponent's personnel to be killed.
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Sascha Kiefer wrote:Thx for the quick response :thumbsup: ,thought it that way too.

What if I save 2 pers with ETU during his first engagement,they are not involved in the 2nd one with Kruge,right?
So to be sure I understand the question is this what is happening? You are involved in an engagement from Opponent's Ship A on your opponent's turn. You save two personnel with your ETUs. Your Opponent's Ship B then attacks you. If this is the case then:

Per the Rulebook: "If possible, your stopped cards are included and considered by effects from your opponent’s cards on his or her turn."

I take that to mean that your personnel aboard your ship become unstopped as soon as the second engagement begins. They would count towards the number of personnel remaining on the ship to prevent Kruge from commandeering it and would also be eligible targets for any effects of the engagement.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
T-Ricks wrote:I take that to mean that your personnel aboard your ship become unstopped as soon as the second engagement begins. They would count towards the number of personnel remaining on the ship to prevent Kruge from commandeering it and would also be eligible targets for any effects of the engagement.
Rulebook 4.0, page 14 wrote:When an engagement ends, all your ships and all your personnel that were involved are stopped. (Your opponent’s ships and personnel are not stopped.)
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Sascha Kiefer wrote:Thx again for the instant help :thumbsup: . So, even stopped personnel are involved in an engagement,nice to know.
Just to be clear, if YOU are starting the engagement, YOUR stopped personnel are not involved.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Although I enjoy the back and forth taking place on the board, it's been a week, and I think it'd be better cleared up by Rules, possibly with an entry in the Rules Tool for posterity.

garetjax wrote:1 Set Up
Infiltration. Plays in your core. When an opponent's personnel is about to be randomly selected, if your Infiltrator is at that mission, you may destroy this event to instead choose the opponent's personnel to be selected from all eligible possibilities.

What happens when you use this at a dilemma with a selection like "randomly select three personnel"?

Do you choose the complete random selection or only one of the three personnel?

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
I have a question.

My opponent plays Temporal Flux Energy Ribbon on my space mission where I have a staffed Starfleet ship. At the start of my turn, I remove Karyn Archer from the game. Her being RFTG makes all my [SF] personnel +2/+2/+2 until the end of the turn.

My question is:

Do any [SF] personnel I play that turn (so, after she's been RFTG) receive the +2/+2/+2 bonus?

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
While a bunch of questions are getting thrown here, what exactly is Equinox Doctor's ability good for other than preventing assimilation? You don't really lose command of a personnel when they're placed in the brig, so that's a wash. And while you do lose command of personnel when you're sent to your hand or discard pile... would he actually prevent death or perhaps let you keep the personnel picked for Secret Identity?

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Gorgo Primus wrote:While a bunch of questions are getting thrown here, what exactly is Equinox Doctor's ability good for other than preventing assimilation? You don't really lose command of a personnel when they're placed in the brig, so that's a wash. And while you do lose command of personnel when you're sent to your hand or discard pile... would he actually prevent death or perhaps let you keep the personnel picked for Secret Identity?
You lose command when they get picked by Secret ID, The Caretaker's Guests; also, when they die! He's quite handy - usually you want to Secret ID him, so other kills/etc will work.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]