Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By DJstormtrooper (Tyler Fultz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Danny wrote:I have a question.

My opponent plays Temporal Flux Energy Ribbon on my space mission where I have a staffed Starfleet ship. At the start of my turn, I remove Karyn Archer from the game. Her being RFTG makes all my [SF] personnel +2/+2/+2 until the end of the turn.

My question is:

Do any [SF] personnel I play that turn (so, after she's been RFTG) receive the +2/+2/+2 bonus?
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, response abilities like this will only affect personnel in play at the time of their happening.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021

My opponent plays Temporal Flux Energy Ribbon on my space mission where I have a staffed Starfleet ship. At the start of my turn, I remove Karyn Archer from the game. Her being RFTG makes all my [SF] personnel +2/+2/+2 until the end of the turn.

My question is:

Do any [SF] personnel I play that turn (so, after she's been RFTG) receive the +2/+2/+2 bonus?
DJstormtrooper wrote:Unless explicitly stated otherwise, response abilities like this will only affect personnel in play at the time of their happening.
If I bring a second copy of a non-unique personnel I already have in play into play, any advice on how to differentiate between the two (which one has the bonus and which one doesn't) for things like random selections?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Danny wrote:If I bring a second copy of a non-unique personnel I already have in play into play, any advice on how to differentiate between the two (which one has the bonus and which one doesn't) for things like random selections?
You'd be in the same territory as dueling Soong-type Androids. My advice would be to put a sliver of paper or another marker in the sleeve.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I'd probably turn the card upside-down in its sleeve, personally. Anything to avoid having to bring extra stuff to the tournament (because any extra stuff I need to bring is something for me to forget).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
DJstormtrooper wrote:

My question is:

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, response abilities like this will only affect personnel in play at the time of their happening.
We've added a Rules Tool entry to address this.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ok... So I have a question.

I recently checked out some interesting decks that some of the players posted here on trekcc, and noticed something peculiar, some members choose two affiliations (Klingon and Romulan in this case), and instead of possessing two Headquarters, they only have one (Qo'Nos).

Can someone please explain how this is possible?

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
My first thought was Interstellar Treaty.

Could you post links to the decks you've been looking at? That'll make it easier to figure out.

Sent through subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
brida1709a wrote:https://www.trekcc.org/decklists/index.p ... ckID=35191
That particular deck was for a playtest of a proposed format, it's not a great example of what you would want a usual deck to look like. But you're right, there's no way that the Romulans would normally be able to be played in that decklist.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
If I play a ship that has three staffing icons (e.g. U.S.S. Excelsior) and then play Special Modifications (adding a [Cmd] to the staffing requirement), can I now play Pulling Rank on the aforementioned ship (as it now has four staffing icons)?

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Danny wrote:If I play a ship that has three staffing icons (e.g. U.S.S. Excelsior) and then play Special Modifications (adding a [Cmd] to the staffing requirement), can I now play Pulling Rank on the aforementioned ship (as it now has four staffing icons)?
:thumbsup:
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:
Danny wrote:If I play a ship that has three staffing icons (e.g. U.S.S. Excelsior) and then play Special Modifications (adding a [Cmd] to the staffing requirement), can I now play Pulling Rank on the aforementioned ship (as it now has four staffing icons)?
:thumbsup:
And if Special Modifications is destroyed, does Pulling Rank stay on the ship and its text remain valid? I would think, yes, as it had the four staffing required to play it. Nothing says it has to have four staffing to keep it.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Before we will have our nationals next week,I wanna to be clear about how to rule some special cards/situations correctly which I am not 100% sure about atm.

1. he wasn't Nice will not be effect of the game text from Assess Contamination because it costs 5 before the game text of the mission occurs?

2. Do you face overcosted dilemmas at any time?

3. The personnel choosed to use BOT can not be selected to be killed from the opponent as a cost for the [Int] ?

4. Surface Defense is forcing the opponent to stop a navigation personnel each times he stops at a mission and flies to another,so each stop counts as a single movement?

5. You cant play 3 copies of Rule of Acquisition#33 while facing the same dilemma?

6. Does the personnel "use" a skill while it gains one of its skills to another personnel ?(Accelerated aging)

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]