Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 250 posts

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:
Naetor wrote:Now that Tjark is on the job, can we get some sort of update on the watchlist? I'd also like some clarification on these - I don't think having to refer to a thread where on page 3 on a 2nd thread a designer posted what they felt they designed to determine how a card works.
I’d give Tjark a few days to settle in and meet his team before he gives an update.

I’m sure he’ll be a great errata tzar! Congrats Tjark!!
Doesn't he get to pick out his own team?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:
nickyank wrote:
Naetor wrote:Now that Tjark is on the job, can we get some sort of update on the watchlist? I'd also like some clarification on these - I don't think having to refer to a thread where on page 3 on a 2nd thread a designer posted what they felt they designed to determine how a card works.
I’d give Tjark a few days to settle in and meet his team before he gives an update.

I suppose he's free to fire us if he so chooses, but last I looked I still have access to the Errata boards, so as far as I know I'm still on the team.

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
It seems yo me that what you're asking for here is a rules clarification, not an errata decision. By jumping past Rules, you're assuming it's already been settled that the card in question is flawed and needs errata. That hasn't been established at all. In fact, I don't think.it even needs to go to rules. The language on the card isn't confusing.
Naetor wrote: Doesn't he get to pick out his own team?
Why would the resignation of a lead necessitate the dismissal of an entire team of volunteers? When has that been done?
Director of Second Edition
By tjark
 - Director of Second Edition
 -  
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E German National Second Runner-Up 2022
2E Vandros IV Regional Champion 2023
Naetor wrote:
nickyank wrote:

Hi everybody - I already started working. My first step was contacting my team, bringing me up to date. I had some conversations yet and I will have additional ones later this week. Seems there is alot of work to do - the watchlist is on top of the to do list - after coordinating with the team I m sure we ll see some changes. Because x-mas is ahead it will take a little more time. I hope to be up to date till the end of the year so that we can see some changes in january / beginning of february (but asap). Feel free to contact me any time via PM . PM is better for me to make sure your input won`t get lost. In 2020 I ll change my schedule. One day the week will be blocked for your concerns,hints,conversations. If you want me to focus on something special right now -just let me know - you ll get an answer asap

Tj
By tjark
 -  
Naetor wrote:No update this month?
The first ETM (errata team meeting) took place January 12 th. I ll take care to update the watchlist every month (next update planned for beginning of february).

After every ETM I ll publish some general information about the meeting because on the watchlist you won`t see all cards that were discussed. The info will always follow the meeting. I will post the info asap. I still get myself familiar with the best schedule.

Tj

update:

16.01.2020: I send the summary of the ETM to the team for confirmation. After feedback Ross will take care to do the changes asap - thanks Ross
By tjark
 -  
ETM 12.01.2020 Summary

Here you find some general info about ET`s work. Be aware that I can`t give you the exact wording right now. The schedule for the errata is "still under construction" because we have to coordinate with other departments of CC.

The team agreed to errate 11 cards:

From the current Watchlist

T'Pol, Overbearing Observer
The Enemy of My Enemy
TR-116 Rifle
Casualties of the Occupation
Life-Changing Encounter

here the other 6 cards (guess who)

A Minister will appear in a new outfit
A ship will be reloaded
There is no disease so destructive as lust
Beat me again and again and again is not funny
A Chief medical officers name on board the USS Righteous from 2359 until 2367 will help
give and take - be careful

I ll update the info day by day - Some other cards might show up as well

Cu all

Tj

By Gorgo Primus (Benjamin Rostoker)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Looks nice 2020 for 2E is going to be off to a great start.

Thanks for getting on this process so quickly TJark. :cheersL:
By tjark
 -  
tjark wrote:ETM 12.01.2020 Summary

Here you find some general info about ET`s work. Be aware that I can`t give you the exact wording right now. The schedule for the errata is "still under construction" because we have to coordinate with other departments of CC.

The team agreed to errate 11 cards:

From the current Watchlist

T'Pol, Overbearing Observer
The Enemy of My Enemy
TR-116 Rifle
Life-Changing Encounter

here the other 6 cards (guess who)

A Minister will appear in a new outfit
A ship will be reloaded
There is no disease so destructive as lust
Beat me again and again and again is not funny
A Chief medical officers name on board the USS Righteous from 2359 until 2367 will help
give and take - be careful

I ll update the info day by day - Some other cards might show up as well

Cu all

Tj
update 1:
The Enemy of My Enemy

These two cards are now gone to playtest - (the new wording hopefully will come into effect in march)
Other cards will go to playtest as well asap, starting with the rest of the watchlist.

From my point of view I exspect no problems with
T'Pol, Overbearing Observer.

For Life-Changing Encounter we made significant changes and have to wait for the results.

The six "so called nice to have errata" are not critical at the moment.

The team also discussed
a relativly strong affiliation
twins in the gamma quadrant
and a close friend of Benjamin Sisko with a secret life.

Here we are waiting for playtesting results before any further steps.

Tj
By tjark
 -  
Hi,

I m working on the watchlist update that I like to discuss in ETM.

If you want a card to be discussed - send me (PM) the card and a let me know why you think it should be on the list - asap -

Next ETM is 22-24.02.2020 - for watchlist concerns pm not later than 17.02.2020

Tj
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation