Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 250 posts

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
New Starfleet has made Old Malcom too strong with new Archer. Maybe filthy is a better word then strong. Either way , Malcom should remove from game. If you need to play Malcom more then 3 times in a game then you forget this is a game about facing dilenmas.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Naetor wrote:How many 4-cost personnel can a deck run before it just gets blown away by cadets/Tain/common DS9?
There's midgame answers to those cards. Try dealing with [Pa] [Kli] or [TOS] MovieFeds that play for peanuts but have printed high costs so the speed killer dilemmas don't do anything.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
TR-116 Rifle to the list.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Resistance-is-futile wrote:
prylardurden wrote:TR-116 Rifle to the list.

Lol about time it’s only been what six months since Greg won worlds with this? Choice kill is very powerful...
Dude. Check your calendar. It hasn't even been six months since Richard New won GenCon with it.

If you're going to throw shade at the errata team, at least throw accurate shade.
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2023
Lol Brian no shade intented Josh knows :)

It’s a powerful card indeed I was able to lock out a mission for 6? Turns with it and the right pile to go with

Maybe random selection instead of choice kill based on skill choice- can still end up in a lock out possibly or allow an opponent to safeguard crew and it becomes random selection luck vs I name u u die locking out the mission faster

I think 2e is in a great place pushing the limits of cards and players ability to use such cards in different ways

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
TR-116 biggest problem is the assassin does not have to be present. How exactly is the assassin using this weapon aboard their ship to kill your personnel (of their choice) aboard your ship?

No protection at HQ or aboard ship. Each turn once set up they kill one personnel -- that's the start of lockout (sure it is skill denial, but of more concern it is personnel denial) because it's very difficult to rebuild your crew once its been killed.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
chompers wrote:How exactly is the assassin using this weapon aboard their ship to kill your personnel (of their choice) aboard your ship?
If you are asking from a Trek-sense standpoint, this rifle is the one which was used by Chu’lak in “Field of Fire.” It has a microtransporter which beams the bullet to the target, effectively letting him fire through bulkheads.

By Atlbravesfn3 (Nic Brautigam)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I'm with the above poster; I think you should have to be present in order to use the kill ability. Way too powerful as is

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Central Command is now being examined, regarding cultural enforcement (Or potential lack thereof).

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Now that Tjark is on the job, can we get some sort of update on the watchlist? I'd also like some clarification on these - I don't think having to refer to a thread where on page 3 on a 2nd thread a designer posted what they felt they designed to determine how a card works.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Naetor wrote:Now that Tjark is on the job, can we get some sort of update on the watchlist? I'd also like some clarification on these - I don't think having to refer to a thread where on page 3 on a 2nd thread a designer posted what they felt they designed to determine how a card works.
I’d give Tjark a few days to settle in and meet his team before he gives an update.

I’m sure he’ll be a great errata tzar! Congrats Tjark!!

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]