Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 250 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote:I would love to see Jaeger Bomb and anti-Jaeger Bomb (whatever that means) in the same event played by tier one players. That would definitely be a useful data point for the errata team to use in their deliberations.
Continentals are in three weeks. You may get your wish.

Sent through subspace from the Starship Enterprise

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
FYI Quark, Vastly Outnumbered has been added to the watchlist.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:FYI Quark, Vastly Outnumbered has been added to the watchlist.
Cool. He needs addressed. I think you can fix him by adding 'You may play this personnel at cost +2 to download a card and place it beneath your Ferenginar'. That puts him on par with regular Quark if you want the download, still keeps him cheap in a Vastly Outnumbered deck, and gives an option for a cheap [DS9] [Fer] personnel for things Tongo.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
I'd change all the Quarks to require you to command Ferenginar to get the download.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
nobthehobbit wrote:I'd change all the Quarks to require you to command Ferenginar to get the download.
Or you can just limit the card that is downloaded to a Rule etc

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
ALC is also now on the watchlist.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:ALC is also now on the watchlist.
Also a good choice.

Recommendation: knock the cap down from 12 to 8 total cost. That's Bashir/Lwaxanna and a Rando

Alternate proposal: create a dual cap of total cost or personnel (e.g., if solving player bounces Bashir/Lwaxanna, opposing player only has to bounce two personnel). This would be more difficult to implement but would better balance the card.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
I'd propose that the opponent still needs to try to match the cost of the personnel the completing player puts under but is only required to put the same amount of personnel under.
However you're gonna word that :D

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Is there anything to the idea that the completing player randomly selects "x" personnel, and each opponent must randomly select an equal number of personnel?
When you complete this mission, randomly select any number of your personnel at this mission and place them beneath their owners' decks. Each opponent must randomly select an equal number of their personnel beneath their owners' decks.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Skrain Dukat wrote:
Is there anything to the idea that the completing player randomly selects "x" personnel, and each opponent must randomly select an equal number of personnel?
When you complete this mission, randomly select any number of your personnel at this mission and place them beneath their owners' decks. Each opponent must randomly select an equal number of their personnel beneath their owners' decks.
I like the theory of this but I see problems with the execution. You solve and decide to take three randos from that away team and put them under. If I have personnel at multiple locations, I have to pick them all up, shuffle them all together, select three to go under, then put all of the people back in their correct locations. Yeah, good luck with that if there's 20 dudes on the table in 3 different locations.

Maybe tweak it to Each opponent must randomly select an equal number of personnel from one of their crews or away teams and place them beneath their owners' decks.

You can game around this by leaving Tolian Soran alone on a planet somewhere, which defeats the premise of this mission as a weenie killer, but at this stage in the game's evolution, I'm not sure how hard of a hit that would even be.

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The biggest thing with this mission is making it so the completing player can Only Use the personnel who Complete the mission. Once that is in the equation, you can look at rejiggering the cap on the effect.

BDubs

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
JamesValEson wrote:The biggest thing with this mission is making it so the completing player can Only Use the personnel who Complete the mission. Once that is in the equation, you can look at rejiggering the cap on the effect.

BDubs
That would help as it could put the personnel with a high cost number who are attempting at risk to being killed or stopped

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For the cost of solving a 4 skill/>34 attribute mission, you get 1) 35 points, 2) ~3 free Necessary Evils, and 3) a high likelihood of destaffing your opponent.

If you completely removed the gametext, it'd still be a reasonable mission. Consider that.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]