Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[P] 2 Temporal Misalignment
Consume: X. (Your opponent places the top X of his or her dilemma pile face up beneath this mission.) Randomly select X personnel to be stopped.
Tournament Promos - Series XVII
0 VP 224

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=4133

Negatives: Planet only. Has to Consume Dilemmas to stop Personnel.

Positives: Could stop any number of personnel.

Thoughts : Here's a classic that never felt very warm. Sure, it's good to stop Personnel, but the cost of stopping is the consumption of a Dilemma for each Personnel to be stopped. So, if the Player wants to stop two Personnel three Dilemmas end up under the Mission (the two Consumes and the Temporal Misalignment itself.) That's a lot of overcome Dilemmas, especially when the Cost of the Dilemma is 2 and the Player has to depend on a random selection.
This is good only in the sealed decks this was originally meant for. A better choice is Excalbian Drama every time. the more this card is examined the more out of alignment it gets with a 4 out of 10.

Question: How does this Dilemma and it's undefined variable interact with things like Debate Over Dinner and Remarkable Regeneration?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
This dilemmas is clutch to pull out a late-game win. I was in a tourney playing against Andrew Ehret. I was finishing up my last mission and about to win. He hit me with this after time was called. He ended up beating on his last turn.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:The better choice is Outmatched. Mike Shea and Lucas Thompson have had the pleasure of me dumping my dilemma pile on them.

I believe it was the dilemma I hit him with the turn before I won the Final.
The downside to Outmatched is that it's vulnerable to Living Legend Kirk, while this isn't.

Kirk bailed me out against Outmatched the year I won Continentals.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
KillerB wrote:The better choice is Outmatched. Mike Shea and Lucas Thompson have had the pleasure of me dumping my dilemma pile on them.

I believe it was the dilemma I hit him with the turn before I won the Final.
The downside to Outmatched is that it's vulnerable to Living Legend Kirk, while this isn't.

Kirk bailed me out against Outmatched the year I won Continentals.
All the cool kids switched to OT Kirk. That's why he's in the HoF and LL isn't. Although if you played 2E it's entire run, you'd know LL has a better resume.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
bortz65 wrote:[P] 2 Temporal Misalignment
Consume: X. (Your opponent places the top X of his or her dilemma pile face up beneath this mission.) Randomly select X personnel to be stopped.
Tournament Promos - Series XVII
0 VP 224

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=4133

Question: How does this Dilemma and it's undefined variable interact with things like Debate Over Dinner and Remarkable Regeneration?
My guess would be the opponent announces what the “X” number is. Then Consumes one less card but still randomly stops what the X value is.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Thread Necro!

I miss Pat's CotDs, but I was doing some Hall of Fame Historical Research and I came across this write-up.

This card won me my game against Tjark this week by buying me a critical extra turn. He was also rocking Bridge Officer\'s Test so most of my walls were unreliable.

On his last turn he attempted with 9 going for the win, and I played this and set X to 7 to stop a ton of people but not be susceptible to BoT. That was a winning move as I was able to close things out on my next turn.

That game has given me a better appreciation for this card and I'll be giving it more consideration in my deckbuilding process going forward.
Second Edition Balance Manager
 - Second Edition Balance Manager
 -  
  Trek Masters  Participant 2024
Just to be clear..... if I have Debate over Dinner on the mission where Temporal Misalignment is revealed, I say I am consuming 5 dilemmas to randomly stop 5 personnel and I only have to put 4 dilemmas under because of DoD and I still get to randomly stop 5!?!? :cross:
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Now I am wondering how this card works in the racist Starfleet deck...
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
durgforaday wrote:Just to be clear..... if I have Debate over Dinner on the mission where Temporal Misalignment is revealed, I say I am consuming 5 dilemmas to randomly stop 5 personnel and I only have to put 4 dilemmas under because of DoD and I still get to randomly stop 5!?!? :cross:
I am fairly sure that when X is involved, the value of X is always what you actually put under. So this is a "nonbo" (a non-combo), since Debate Over Dinner won't save you anything.

-crp
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
That is more sensical, but I am not sure that is what the card says. debate over dinner doesnt change the value of x, it just says place one fewer card than told under.

So if x =7, I place six under, but x still =7
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]