Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Old Kor
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
..just curious - any hint or sneak preview for "Project Barca"?

Project Barca
What is it: A full sized expansion! The themes are [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] with a bit of [REDACTED] for good measure.
What's going on? The set is finishing pre-production. Rules and Creative got it at the tail end of 2017 and are currently reviewing. Things are getting finalized before we head off to production.
Anticipated release: March 2018.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Old Kor wrote:..just curious - any hint or sneak preview for "Project Barca"?
I'm presuming you won't be at Manassters as there will be spoilage there. Of the card kind, not the food.

We're getting closer to the spoiler flowing, but it's still a little too early to reveal my hand. Aargh, I'm dueling with myself if I should get something out or not.

Tell you what, three pieces have been redacted from my report above; let me know which one you want revealed. It's going to be a long day on my end, so I may be a little late to the game with a response.
 -  
Update 4-3-18

This is a rundown of where things are on the Second Edition side in terms of upcoming sets. It will be updated as things happen.

Project Anniversary
In: Design Postponed indefinitely but not scrapped!
What is it: A product celebrating [REDACTED]. There will be [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], similar to [REDACTED].
What's going on: A design team has been formed, but the timing couldn't be worked out for 2017. Currently stalled.

Project Defiance
What is it: A celebration of [REDACTED]. Imagine if [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] had an eighteen card baby.
What's going on? The set is in Production. Proofreading just got their second version of the set.
Anticipated release: Summer 2018.

Project Warp Pack
What is it: A nine card boutique expansion based on [REDACTED]. This is going to be a bottom up set that will appeal to higher level players.
What's going on: The set is in testing.
Anticipated release: Summer 2018.

Project Crixus
What is it: A full expansion whose main themes are Klingons, mirror Bajor and something I'm calling 'mousetraps."
What's going on? Design teams have been made and are designing.
Anticipated Release: Fall/Winter 2018.

Project War Games
What is it: Paired decks meant to go at it against each other. Similar to the Duel Decks found in Magic, these are meant to be epic matchups.
What's going on: A team has been assembled and are figuring out the decks they want to build.
Anticipated release: ? It will depend on if the team wants AIs (which will add months to the release) or new cards (which could easily add six months to the release)
 -  
galactichorizon wrote:Warp pack?
You won't have to wait too long to hear about it. You will have to wait a bit, though.

Though if you're in Germany this weekend, you'll get information a little quicker!
galactichorizon wrote:Every day I keep checking back

That's not necessary. Look at the date on the update to see when it took place.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Alas, no. I'm in the SF bay area. One of these days I should really try to hook up with some local groups for a game or two.

What do you mean by checking the date? No posted date has been given, I mean I cruise by the front page to see if the new cards have started to debut.
 -  
galactichorizon wrote:What do you mean by checking the date?
When I make an update on how sets are coming, it's in this thread. To make sure that everyone doesn't feel the need to check it on a daily basis, I'll put the date of the update in the thread title.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
galactichorizon wrote:Every day I keep checking back like: Warp pack?
I did see something about a spoiler going up on Twitter tomorrow... :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Warp Pack!!

Although...wow. Not sure "Warp" is the right term for this, more like the "No" pack. "Access Denied" is the perfect title.

And no interrupts for youuuuuuuuu...

By The Prefect (Michael Shea)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Prefect
2E Sector 001 Regional Champion 2023
Think of it as the "Trans-Warp Pack". <sputter> <sputter>
tsfs0550.jpg
tsfs0550.jpg (66.11 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
normal_tsfs0548.jpg
normal_tsfs0548.jpg (46.95 KiB) Viewed 8662 times
 -  
Project Crixus
What is it: A full expansion whose main themes are Klingons, the Mirror Universe and something design calls 'Duras Bombs."
What's going on? Design is hard at work. Creative and Rules are going at it.
Anticipated Release: Late Fall/Winter 2018.

Project Danor
What is it: Not one but two boutique products designed in tandem. One if for Christmas, the other is for Valentines Day.
What’s Going On: A design team is assembled and will be starting soon.
Anticipated Release: 2019. If the Christmas one is ready, it will debut this year.

Project War Games
What is it: Paired decks meant to go at it against each other. Similar to the Duel Decks found in Magic, these are meant to be epic matchups.
What's going on: Stalled. Expect an article to get more on board.
Anticipated release: ? It will depend on if the team wants AIs (which will add months to the release) or new cards (which could easily add six months to the release)

Project Anniversary
What is it: A product celebrating the past and future of Second Edition. There will be fifteen AIs celebrating the existing sets produced by Decipher and the remaining three will showcase what is to come, similar to Magic's Future Sight.
What's going on: Currently stalled. This would be a great product for set 50.
Anticipated release: ?
 -  
Project Donar A
What is it: A boutique products for Valentines Day.
What’s Going On: Almost complete. Final proof is out and is expected to be signed off by the end of the week. Articles are also gearing up.
Anticipated Release: February 7 ,2019.

Project(s) Green and Fortis
What is it: Project Green is a Starfleet focused set based on Terra Prime being more successful. Project Fortis is popular characters from the franchise, one of whom you helped design.
What’s going on: Both sets are testing.
Anticipated Release: Spring 2019

Project Donar B
What is it: A boutique product for Christmas.
What’s going on: There’s enough lead time to hold off on this for a bit, but when it comes back to the forefront, design’s main concern will be cutting down to nine cards.
Anticipated Release: December 25, 2019

Project War Games
What's going on: Stalled.

Project Anniversary
What is it: A product celebrating the past and future of Second Edition. There will be fifteen AIs celebrating the existing sets produced by Decipher and the remaining three will showcase what is to come, similar to Magic's Future Sight.
What's going on: Currently stalled. This would be a great product for set 50.
Anticipated release: ?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]