Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through the week. Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week, let's talk about Klingon Riker and cards of his kind. He is good, don't get me wrong. In fact, that is the problem. He is a bit too good, at least in the sense that we will most likely never make another Klingon Riker since he will have to compete with a pretty powerful one. Contrast that with the two Klingon Daxs we have and Ferengi Dax who will not close the door to new versions in the future.

This isn't limited to personnel; with An Issue of Trust, it will be hard for us to make a dilemma involving Honor or Treachery.

So as we start the year, tell us the cards that are door closers, the ones that prevent us from going forward into design space.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
You are right that a new [Kli] Riker would struggle to compete with the existing one. I suppose it is fortunate then that I cannot think of another storyline which would justify a [Kli] Riker.

The [Car] Dissident Kira Nerys closes the door on a late-DS9 [Car] Dissident Kira. Fortunately Starfleet Emissary fills that story niche.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
GooeyChewie wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:59 pm You are right that a new [Kli] Riker would struggle to compete with the existing one. I suppose it is fortunate then that I cannot think of another storyline which would justify a [Kli] Riker.

Same storyline - just make him a commander of the Pagh (along with a new Pagh) and you might have something there, especially in HoF.

I'm going to go with [Baj] Kira Nerys - I think the 19 that we already have cover all the bases.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]