Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[Fed] 2 •Michael Eddington, Loyal Leader
[Cmd] [Maq] Human
•Navigation •Programming •Security
While this personnel is attempting a mission, you may make him attributes +3 and gain Honor and Leadership until the end of this mission attempt. If you do, he is killed at the end of this turn. You may do this only once each turn.
"I told you only one of us would be coming back from this mission."
Integrity 4 Cunning 6 Strength 6
7 C 68

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=1200

Positives: Maquis icon. 2 Cost. While attempting a Mission the Player could pop his Attributes +3 and gain 2 Skills.

Negatives: If the Player uses his Ability he is Killed at the end of turn.

Thoughts: Upping Attributes can be a big deal and the nice thing with Michael Eddington, Loyal Leader is it doesn't have to contend with, "when facing a Dilemma" or "when present with" conditions many similar Abilities are limited by. The Player just beams him down and announces using his Ability pretty much whenever they want. He instantly moves from a 4,6,6 to a 7,9,9 putting him in the Ruk and Moriarty Cunning Range and putting him close to the Android Strength area. Which makes him useful in micro teaming at a Mission like Sensitive Search. His 2 Cost is an asset, as well, so when he dies using his Ability another copy could easily be played next turn. Heck, an Emergency Transport Unit could save him at the end of turn. This guy is a solid 8 out of 10, although I should take off a point for naming him a "loyal leader" and only giving him leadership under certain circumstances.

Notes: Ken Marshall appeared 9 times in Star Trek as Michael Eddington starting with "The Search" and ending in a "Blaze of Glory."
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0