Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
  • 126 posts

Mannasters Main Event, for the WCT Heavyweight Title: John Corbett vs. BenHosp

"Flawless" John Corbett
46%
BROKEN BenHosp
54%

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
bhosp wrote:I had to do terrible terrible things to Maggie to keep the regular belt out of her hands.
You did. It was disgusting. I shall exact my revenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Now that I actually look at your decklist, I don’t think Shankar was your problem. I’m sure he was annoying, but you had literally zero Archaeology in your deck, and only 3 Transporters. Can’t fight off gladiators with that.

#ShankarDidNothingWrong

Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
bhosp wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:
bhosp wrote:I had to do terrible terrible things to Maggie to keep the regular belt out of her hands.
You did. It was disgusting. I shall exact my revenge.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Now that I actually look at your decklist, I don’t think Shankar was your problem. I’m sure he was annoying, but you had literally zero Archaeology in your deck, and only 3 Transporters. Can’t fight off gladiators with that.

#ShankarDidNothingWrong

Bite me, Ben.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:I think that's Maggie's way of saying you can beat her with degenerate cheesy bullshit OR give her deck advice; not both. :wink:
I was trying to be obnoxious enough that it was obvious I was joking but not so obnoxious that I actually violated the CoC and it looks like I failed to thread that needle, whoops.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Armus wrote: degenerate cheesy bullshit
This should be over to the 'design theory' thread, but I also think the 'doublers' are cheesy. I have admitted to the designers that I have a 'when you reveal' dilemmas bias and recuse myself from judging those types of cards.
Fake news. You and I were changing requirements in Barca to make sure some of them were doubler-eligible.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
Fake news. You and I were changing requirements in Barca to make sure some of them were doubler-eligible.

That's a little different. My job as Design Director is to produce cards that people use.

I was meaning it's my opinion we don't need to make 'when you reveal dilemmas' (and always, the 'fun exception' is always in effect).

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KillerB wrote:
This should be over to the 'design theory' thread, but I also think the 'doublers' are cheesy. I have admitted to the designers that I have a 'when you reveal' dilemmas bias and recuse myself from judging those types of cards.
To be clear, I had no problem with BenHosp's dilemma pile. I was referring to Quark Shankar cycling that makes the fun factor in the game exponentially converge to zero every time it happens.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
KillerB wrote:
To be clear, I had no problem with BenHosp's dilemma pile. I was referring to Quark Shankar cycling that makes the fun factor in the game exponentially converge to zero every time it happens.
Actually, you know what? Fuck everyone for complaining about me doing something creative and finding a good use for some underused Decipher-era cards, a combo that’s been waiting for someone to find for over 10 years.

I went 3-3 with my “degenerate” deck, by the way. I’ve never seen anyone take so much heat for a 4th place finish. Apparently there’s a secret ban list I didn’t know about called “cards that make Maggie mad”.

Next time I’ll just print out 3 copies of A Time To Stand, cut out all the [SF] cards, and shuffle them together to make a deck. Then maybe everyone will be happy.

I don’t have to justify myself to you assholes. You animals broke my garbage disposal. Go eat a butt.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:oh shit.... he really is WOKEN... the kayfabe has been shattered. We're shooting now.
I’ve DELETED bigger men than you PICARD

The number of dilemmas that get put on a ship is[…]

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]