Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
monty42 wrote:The next time somebody says "Trust the Process", I'm gonna poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.
That's not the process we mean!!

But yeah, I'd rather gauge the results than trust the process. So far, I'm happy with the results, but I'd like to see some HoF tournaments in action.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote:
monty42 wrote:The next time somebody says "Trust the Process", I'm gonna poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick.
That's not the process we mean!!

But yeah, I'd rather gauge the results than trust the process. So far, I'm happy with the results, but I'd like to see some HoF tournaments in action.
Well, I hear there's a gig next week. Come on up and see first hand!

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Architect
Community Contributor
Have I reached critical mass yet?

Me repeating that mantra the last 18 months on the boards was self-trolling therapy for having to listen to the 76ers (Philly's basketball team) GM for the last 5 years. Plus, "thought process" is an absurd phrase used in sports radio all the time now.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'll say this for HoF: It's making me re-look at space dilemmas. Going back through my old decks while preparing for Manassters, Personal Duty, Gomtuu, and WNOHGB have been in basically every pile, and in one deck, they were literally the only three space dilemmas!

Maybe I've gotten lazy, but those piles worked well enough. It's refreshing and exciting (and not a little stressful) to find new hotness that plays in this environment.

If this is the feeling Nate got from building Excelsior decks, I can see why he likes it. Going into a tournament not knowing exactly what to expect does add an air of freshness, and that's something both Excelsior and HoF have in common.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:If this is the feeling Nate got from building Excelsior decks, I can see why he likes it. Going into a tournament not knowing exactly what to expect does add an air of freshness, and that's something both Excelsior and HoF have in common.
You're exactly right. Once you remove some of the played out cards, you start to realize things you dismissed start to be playable. First thing I did with Excelsior was figure out the dilemmas that "work".

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote: First thing I did with Excelsior was figure out the dilemmas that "work".
In Development x3. Done.
Excelsior isn't perfect. But neither is HoF, or Standard for that matter. We just had a season where the top deck would play 31 counters of personnel by Turn 2, ALC 12 cost of your personnel on Turn 4-5, then play another 15+ counters the next turn.
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor

In March, will The Dojo host it's first HoF format online event? Tune in!

Vote here!

Last edited by bosskamiura on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote:Well, I hear there's a gig next week. Come on up and see first hand!
I sadly won't be able to make it. But I'll be paying close attention to the results.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The list on the front page isn’t showing all the cards in a new expansion as not HoF-legal anymore. But it’s weirdly showing the new Locutus, and only him. Why’s this? Is he the release kit promo and maybe that’s why?

It would be better if this PDF were just generated and updated once per year instead of being procedurally generated on demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
bhosp wrote:The list on the front page isn’t showing all the cards in a new expansion as not HoF-legal anymore. But it’s weirdly showing the new Locutus, and only him. Why’s this? Is he the release kit promo and maybe that’s why?

It would be better if this PDF were just generated and updated once per year instead of being procedurally generated on demand.
I've just finished building my HoF decks, I do hope that list is correct and up-to-date or I might lose my cool
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation