Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote:I might be weird, but I think the non-uniques with little or no gametext are the best cards.
It's not weird at all. I'm saying let's find more non-unique/mission foundations then just Davies/GeoMissions and Kahmis/Leadership-Security-Strength.

If we can't find more, then I ask the designers to pitch more.

(Foundation = I don't mean a non-unique with ALL of a mission skills, like Kahmis. That's a design sin. But two out three ain't bad. I think having a deck where two non-uniques get you all your missions skill, maybe except one, is acceptable.)
Kahmis specifically is a bad one to get rid of, especially since apparently some people also want to get rid of T’vis.

Klingons actually have surprisingly few Security personnel. It becomes a genuine skill hole for them without those two guys.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
KillerB wrote:What happened to "burn them all"? You've really been brainwashed...
Oh I’ll vote for them when someone nominates them.

“Burn them all” means voting for every dumb card some idiot nominates as a troll, including Deep Space Nine and Unexpected Difficulties, whether or not it’s a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
bhosp wrote:
KillerB wrote:
Naetor wrote:I might be weird, but I think the non-uniques with little or no gametext are the best cards.
It's not weird at all. I'm saying let's find more non-unique/mission foundations then just Davies/GeoMissions and Kahmis/Leadership-Security-Strength.

(Foundation = I don't mean a non-unique with ALL of a mission skills, like Kahmis. That's a design sin. But two out three ain't bad. I think having a deck where two non-uniques get you all your missions skill, maybe except one, is acceptable.)
Kahmis specifically is a bad one to get rid of, especially since apparently some people also want to get rid of T’vis.

Klingons actually have surprisingly few Security personnel. It becomes a genuine skill hole for them without those two guys.
Even leaving those two out, a quick card search reveals at least five other non unique Klingons (and more than a few unique Klingons) with security. And that didn't even include K\'Wov

A skill hole it is not.

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
bhosp wrote:
KillerB wrote:It's not weird at all. I'm saying let's find more non-unique/mission foundations then just Davies/GeoMissions and Kahmis/Leadership-Security-Strength.

Even leaving those two out, a quick card search reveals at least five other non unique Klingons (and more than a few unique Klingons) with security. And that didn't even include K\'Wov

A skill hole it is not.
Bregath is one of the non-uniques people sleep on. I love him in a lot of decks.

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Although the Trek games have been replaced by Magic the Gathering for me in the last 19 months, I still peruse the boards somewhat daily. Dealing with this killer cold/flu/pneumonia that's going around, I'm having trouble sleeping so I figured I'd respond to this...

And Nate, your other thread on this topic was a good read, too.

Sorry, Matt, Excelsior has no interest.

John et. al, your HoF format looks to be what the 2nd edition game has been desperately needing for way too long. I wish it the greatest success. Hopefully the CC makes it 2E's version of OTF in due time (i.e. the primary format). It could, eventually, bring me back to the game, but, as to my former playgroup, one of the members who shall remain nameless, won't touch it as either banned cards are anathema to him or he just refuses to make adjustments.

Good luck.

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
karonofborg13 wrote:Hopefully the CC makes it 2E's version of OTF in due time (i.e. the primary format). It could, eventually, bring me back to the game, but, as to my former playgroup, one of the members who shall remain nameless, won't touch it as either banned cards are anathema to him or he just refuses to make adjustments.

Good luck.
I understand what you mean, but I cringe at any OTF comparisons. HoF isn't a format, there are no special rules. It's a card pool for people to choose. I don't think 2E needs a "primary format". Let organizers/hosts choose what's best for them and their players.

2E can run on state's rights, 1E can live under the iron fist of Dan Hamman. ;)

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
bhosp wrote:
KillerB wrote:What happened to "burn them all"? You've really been brainwashed...

“Burn them all” means voting for every dumb card some idiot nominates as a troll, including Deep Space Nine and Unexpected Difficulties, whether or not it’s a good idea.

I believe that this admission is evidence enough for a ban of some appropriate time. We need serious suggestions to make the game better.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Big Borg wrote:
bhosp wrote:

I believe that this admission is evidence enough for a ban of some appropriate time. We need serious suggestions to make the game better.
If 65% of the voting public agree with such insanity then we're going to have A VERY limited format very quickly.

Fortunately the trolls only got 2/26 votes last time, so I'm far from worried at this point.

How about you trust the process and the people instead of calling for bans, Darrell. :thumbsdown:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Big Borg wrote:Brian,

I thought that you were an impartial Moderator?
When it comes to enforcing the TrekCC Code of Conduct I do my very best to be fair in my decisions and those of my team. That doesn't include content that doesn't violate the CoC that we just happen to disagree with.

None of that means I'm prevented from having and voicing my own opinions. If something I say runs afoul of the rules, I would expect it to get reported and for the other Moderators to take the appropriate action.

None of that has anything to do with my opinion that trying to exclude someone from an effort that necessitates community input is poor form, which is what precipitated my response to your post.

By Big Borg
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Legitimate opinion?

BenHosp admitted that it was just a game he was playing.

I've said earlier (weeks ago) that KillerB deserved an opportunity to try to determine whether HOF made the game better.

Give it a chance.

But we should all be serious in our voting.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Big Borg wrote:Legitimate opinion?

BenHosp admitted that it was just a game he was playing.

I've said earlier (weeks ago) that KillerB deserved an opportunity to try to determine whether HOF made the game better.

Give it a chance.

Just wondering: what cards that have been inducted do you think should not have been? (I make no comment about nominations, because voting is done by approval voting, so trolling nominations are essentially ignored because everyone knows they're trolls.)

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Big Borg wrote:

Give it a chance.

Thanks Darrell, but To be fair to Ben, I vote Yes to anything that isn't a HQ or a card I only seen played once (Infestation).

It's voting, people don't have to be serious. They don't even have to understand what I was thinking with HoF.

You don't have to understand... or even like it... but always, you must Trust the Process.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]