Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
nickyank wrote:
bhosp wrote:The list on the front page isn’t showing all the cards in a new expansion as not HoF-legal anymore. But it’s weirdly showing the new Locutus, and only him. Why’s this? Is he the release kit promo and maybe that’s why?

It would be better if this PDF were just generated and updated once per year instead of being procedurally generated on demand.
I've just finished building my HoF decks, I do hope that list is correct and up-to-date or I might lose my cool
The list at the top of this thread is absolutely correct.

I have no clue about the pdf.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
Armus wrote:The list at the top of this thread is absolutely correct.

I have no clue about the pdf.
Yeah, I've compared this thread and the PDF, the only difference is the new Locutus.

Can I count on seeing you in Texas, Brian?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
So, I just double-checked the HoF list on the website and quite possibly every card from Sacrifice of Angels appears on the HoF list, updated today.

Just wanted to check if this is actually the case or not as I didn't see an update announced for this list.

Michael

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Only the list at the top of this thread is authoritative.

For some reason they insist on auto generating the list from the link on the front page instead of just serving a stored PDF, and that generation process is known to be confused by new sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
bhosp wrote:Only the list at the top of this thread is authoritative.

For some reason they insist on auto generating the list from the link on the front page instead of just serving a stored PDF, and that generation process is known to be confused by new sets.

As soon as they're tournament legal (Friday), they'll also be HoF legal.

By bhosp
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
bhosp wrote:Only the list at the top of this thread is authoritative.

As soon as they're tournament legal (Friday), they'll also be HoF legal.
Yes we know that.

I’m not going to make assumptions about how the back end of the website works, so I’m not going to say there’s no reason to do it this way, but I will say I have a hard time figuring out why a document that changes once a year is generated on-demand like this. It’s not like you don’t have other static PDF download links.

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
On the 1E side, it came about because cards would come off the ban list (or go on the ban list), but somebody would fail to get the memo to Art on time, and we'd end up in situations where cards were legally banned/unbanned but the ban list didn't reflect that. Automating the process reduced the error rate to something pretty close to 0%.

Automation also released Art resources from PDF maintenance drudgery. And it meant that the Director no longer had to ensure that the ban list got updated in two different places at exactly the same time (in the card database and on the PDF ban list).

From 1E, it spread over to 2E. Dunno whether 2E ever had the same problems as 1E did, but it makes sense to me that those responsible for the card database (i.e. not me) are still pretty happy to be able to update stuff in one location instead of two locations.

That said, it's important that the list actually work.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
All of the cards in the set that released last week were showing up as banned in Hall of Fame format because they weren’t tournament legal until today.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote:All of the cards in the set that released last week were showing up as banned in Hall of Fame format because they weren’t tournament legal until today.

Gotcha. The cards exist on the site and are printable. But they are not yet legal in any sanctioned format, including HoF. But, people will want to build decks for HoF format prior to the set's release, which means that being included on the banned list is going to confuse folks.

What's the logical compromise there? List them on the sheet in a separate section for unreleased cards?
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:All of the cards in the set that released last week were showing up as banned in Hall of Fame format because they weren’t tournament legal until today.

Gotcha. The cards exist on the site and are printable. But they are not yet legal in any sanctioned format, including HoF. But, people will want to build decks for HoF format prior to the set's release, which means that being included on the banned list is going to confuse folks.

What's the logical compromise there? List them on the sheet in a separate section for unreleased cards?
I like that idea. How feasible is that?

First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:List them on the sheet in a separate section for unreleased cards?
Why list them at all? 1E OTF's banlist doesn't specify that unreleased cards are banned; it just excludes them from the list because it's implicit.

BONUS: This way's easier to code. :)
The Prefect wrote:As of today, the cards should be legal in all formats, but they are still showing as banned. When does this update?
I have never figured out how this happens. I'm currently about 50/50 on it being a mystery process that kicks off in the Nightly Update Job, or it being a manual job executed by Maelwys (who is, notably, on vacay right now).

If it's not fixed at midnight tonight... then probably somebody needs to go in and do a manual update.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:List them on the sheet in a separate section for unreleased cards?
Why list them at all? 1E OTF's banlist doesn't specify that unreleased cards are banned; it just excludes them from the list because it's implicit.

BONUS: This way's easier to code. :)
True, but there could be cards printable on the site for weeks before they ever become legal in the format. If the generated list is supposed to be the official source of all cards that are not legal in the format, then it should include them.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]