Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By bortz65
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
[Eve] 2 Caught in the Act
Capture. Plays in your core.
Order - Stop two of your [Car] personnel present together with an opponent's personnel at a non-headquarters mission to reveal the top card of that opponent's deck. If it is a personnel that opponent does not command, place him in your brig. (That opponent now commands him or her.) Otherwise, the opponent draws that card. You may do this only once each turn.
4 R 44

https://www.trekcc.org/2e/index.php?cardID=935

Negatives: Activation requires stopping two Cardassian Affiliation personnel and those Personnel being present with Opponent's Personnel. The top card of Opponent's deck may not be a Personnel. Opponent gets to draw the card if non-Personnel (or Personnel already under command.) Once each turn action.

Positives: Capture Keyword. Plays in Core and stays there. Could Capture Personnel.

Thoughts: It is Non-unique so it is possible to get more than one in play (max three.) It's once each turn per card, so it is technically possible to stop 6 Personnel to get three top card reveals/captures. The real problem is the activation requires two Personnel being present with Opponent's Personnel. The cagey Opponent will want to do Planet Missions first against capture decks then stick to Space for the rest giving his Personnel as little time as possible on a Planet Mission. Sure, there's Dimensional Shifting and Enemy in Your Midst can get Personnel aboard ships, but the Opponent could abandon the ship and get on another ship stranding the Player's Personnel. Chasing the Opponent and Capturing requires more cards and more time. If the Player just needs to have a Captive to set off certain other cards like Labor Camp or Prison Compound then Evek, Agent of Cardassian Justice and Trap is Sprung are the usual suspects these days. This card isn't really useful, but it's not totally bad a 5 out of 10.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.